Trust statement new owner 26/01/18

I am a little worse for ware tonight..so apologies....here is the link for the Trust acknowledgement owner

Trust Oldham are excited to welcome Abdallah Lemsagam as the new owner of Oldham Athletic.
This is a new era and a new start for everyone. We have been impressed with Mr Lemsagam’s commitment to the club and his plans that are ambitious, yet with a healthy dose of realism.
We would like to extend our thanks to both parties for their work throughout the takeover process. We acknowledge the part Mr Corney has played in the club’s history.
We would also like to thank the EFL for the work they have done, they have been extremely thorough and professional throughout.
This is also an opportunity to thank our representative, Simon Brooke, who has ensured the Trust have remained a part of the takeover process and the future of the club. We can confirm that the Trust position remains as it always has, with a 3% shareholding and seat on the board.
Mr Lemsagam has shown a commitment through the takeover talks to the club in time and finances. In our meetings with him he has made it clear the he wants to work closely with the Trust and create an inclusive and positive culture.
The fans and general public of Oldham should see this as a new start. Though none of us can know what the future holds, we can work together to create an atmosphere of positivity and improvement.
We look forward to working with Mr Lemsagam over the next few years.
A new era has begun.

Edited by underdog

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Trust Oldham are excited to welcome Abdallah Lemsagam as the new owner of Oldham Athletic.
This is a new era and a new start for everyone. We have been impressed with Mr Lemsagam’s commitment to the club and his plans that are ambitious, yet with a healthy dose of realism.

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly are Abdallah’s plans? Or will this be revealed in due course?

10 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly are Abdallah’s plans? Or will this be revealed in due course?

Hello John

there are a lot of hoops Al has had to satisfy to get through to this stage of OAFC ownership and we have piece of mind that EFl F&PP testing has been completed satisfactory too.

its really early doors. It he's making all the right noises so to speak,  with regards to his visions/our vision of the club. It's baby steps but the playing side is priority...get it right on the pitch and we all hope crowds will come back.

Baby steps and all.....

Thanks for replying so promptly. Hopefully Abdallah will outline his plans or vision for the club in the not too distant future. Most of us are still in the dark as to what they are apart from the short term, which is obviously to pull clear from the relegation zone.

2 minutes ago, robboman said:

Tbh id rather him not promise the world and champions league, like he hasn't

And for him to want stability and realistic progression which is what he said

Time will allow us to judge him, based on his actions

To be fair, IIRC, the landlords only looked at getting us into the Championship. Not a massive stretch at the time but seems a way off now.

Just now, rudemedic said:

To be fair, IIRC, the landlords only looked at getting us into the Championship. Not a massive stretch at the time but seems a way off now.

And tbh, with our attendances we're miles off being a championship club. How much they would rise should we get there is anyones guess

Alot has changed since, main one being a premiership topping side a few miles down the road

Said it before, Whilst im not corneys biggest fan, at least he stuck around

The other two leaches grind my gears, even more so with them still having an involvement. It needs sorting asap 

Them houses behind the chaddy show just how much ambition they had for us.. absolute no room for expansion, should we ever need it

5 minutes ago, robboman said:

Said it before, Whilst im not corneys biggest fan, at least he stuck around

The other two leaches grind my gears, even more so with them still having an involvement. It needs sorting asap 

Them houses behind the chaddy show just how much ambition they had for us.. absolute no room for expansion, should we ever need it

My view also and I’ve said it before - Corney has made mistakes, huge ones at that but the fact he’s seen as the devil incarnate and those two bastards hardly ever get a mention is staggering.  If Blitz and Gazal were on fire and I had water... I’d drink the lot 

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

My view also and I’ve said it before - Corney has made mistakes, huge ones at that but the fact he’s seen as the devil incarnate and those two bastards hardly ever get a mention is staggering.  If Blitz and Gazal were on fire and I had water... I’d drink the lot 

Regarding corney i agree. But with him putting in money to save us from relagation, was he doing it to protect us or his investment. No one will ever know. 

2 minutes ago, robboman said:

Regarding corney i agree. But with him putting in money to save us from relagation, was he doing it to protect us or his investment. No one will ever know. 

Well, both... obviously.  Which suits us doesn't it? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well, both... obviously.  Which suits us doesn't it? 

Suppose so. He just seemed to do it when we was in the shit. He saved us, i know that, so i should prob leave it at that and hope for the best with the new guy

46 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

“We acknowledge the part Mr Corney has played in the club’s history.”

????? yep, we acknowledge it - we ain’t going to thank you though....

ever...

Took a lot of discussion that line di

For those of you still throwing insults remember it is a new era.  Look forward not back.  We have an owner who knows football.  It is clear to me that his vision is first to stay up this season and then to play entertaining football that improves our position as the years go by.  It is a vision that takes us all in the direction we want to go.  Lets share it and recognise it will take time.  As a salesman he recognises the importance of those who put their bums on seats - onwards and upwards even if only slowly and there are some hiccups.

Our story continues.........

11 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Thanks for replying so promptly. Hopefully Abdallah will outline his plans or vision for the club in the not too distant future. Most of us are still in the dark as to what they are apart from the short term, which is obviously to pull clear from the relegation zone.

I think you might be disappointed as he strikes me as the type we're not going to hear too much from.

I'm fine with that but many seem to think an owner of a football club has some kind of obligation to tell you the ins and outs of everything.

Do United, City, Liverpool fans ever hear from their owners? 

Not to my mind. 

If I'm right it's going to be funny as fuck when those who used to slag Corney off for "lack of communication" realise how much they used to get from him in comparison :lol:

11 hours ago, robboman said:

And tbh, with our attendances results we're miles off being a championship club. How much they would rise should we get there is anyones guess

Alot has changed since, main one being a premiership topping side a few miles down the road

The attendances come when we're gunning for promotion and then increase further once we're up... 

On 1/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, HarryBosch said:

I think you might be disappointed as he strikes me as the type we're not going to hear too much from.

I'm fine with that but many seem to think an owner of a football club has some kind of obligation to tell you the ins and outs of everything.

You may well be right....  he has no obligation.....  and he definitely shouldn't tell anyone but an effective board of directors the 'ins and outs'.

It would however be worth his while setting out some basic medium/long term plans/objectives, such that us supporters / paying customers can understand & appreciate his future decisioning and from which we [him and us] can unite behind them. 

Forget tub thumbing histrionics like "I'll have in the Championship here, Premier League there, back to former glories everywhere".... I'm talking about stuff like this;

- We make a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. He is going to underwrite these losses for X years/seasons and attempt to balance the books by 20??.

- In order to achieve this, he is going to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers.

- The first of which will initially come from his extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market. He will bring in young World/European talent and knock em out at a profit every year.

- He will then invest some of these profits into TP's youth set up and training facilities, in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent too.

- If he wanted to do a little bit of tub thumping, he could say he intends to put an end to a procession of loans, good contracts for those with potential and an end to selling cheap!

- He hopes that his work above will see us compete better over a sustained period, thereby bringing more fans back.

- However, he will also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands he owns and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand. Possibly through part or complete funding himself and/or striking deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC.

- Finally, he will work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events.

If he doesn't say/do any of these type of things, I'd have to ask myself, what are his objectives and motives and are they in the interests of his [and emotionally my] football club?!?!?

I would want the Trust to be working towards understanding all of the above and then finding an agreeable way of communicating that to us....!

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

You may well be right....  he has no obligation.....  and he definitely shouldn't tell anyone but an effective board of directors the 'ins and outs'.

It would however be worth his while setting out some basic medium/long term plans/objectives, such that us supporters / paying customers can understand & appreciate his future decisioning and from which we [him and us] can unite behind them. 

Forget tub thumbing histrionics like "I'll have in the Championship here, Premier League there, back to former glories everywhere".... I'm talking about stuff like this;

- We make a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. He is going to underwrite these losses for X years/seasons and attempt to balance the books by 20??.

- In order to achieve this, he is going to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers.

- The first of which will initially come from his extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market. He will bring in young World/European talent and knock em out at a profit every year.

- He will then invest some of these profits into TP's youth set up and training facilities, in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent too.

- If he wanted to do a little bit of tub thumping, he could say he intends to put an end to a procession of loans, good contracts for those with potential and an end to selling cheap!

- He hopes that his work above will see us compete better over a sustained period, thereby bringing more fans back.

- However, he will also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands he owns and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand. Possibly through part or complete funding himself and/or striking deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC.

- Finally, he will work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events.

If he doesn't say/do any of these type of things, I'd have to ask myself, what are his objectives and motives and are they in the interests of his [and emotionally my] football club?!?!?

I would want the Trust to be working towards understanding all of the above and then finding an agreeable way of communicating that to us....!

Do you accept thought that the vast, vast majority of Oldham supporters don't really care about any of that and even many who do don't expect or want to be told about it all in fine detail as long as it just happens? 

It baffles me too that many of those that demand this kind of communication are the ones that moan most when little or none of it is ever delivered. Then they demand more.... :lol:

Bizarre. 

Edited by HarryBosch