Trust statement new owner 26/01/18

56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you accept thought that the vast, vast majority of Oldham supporters don't really care about any of that...... as long as it just happens? 

It baffles me too that many of those that demand this kind of communication are the ones that moan most when little or none of it is ever delivered. Then they demand more.... :lol:

Bizarre. 

I don't know is the honest answer..... maybe you're right..... but if I thought it would happen I wouldn't waste 10 mins of my lunch spelling it out. Are you at least accepting/saying that everyone wants it to happen.....?

I'm not sure what you mean here..... for those that do demand it [the communication], moaning is hardly surprising if it [the initiatives] doesn't happen....... Anyway, I'm not one of those demanding it .... I'd like it.... but if it doesn't come and then I see some of it being delivered, I'd be happy with that......

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you accept thought that the vast, vast majority of Oldham supporters don't really care about any of that and even many who do don't expect or want to be told about it all in fine detail as long as it just happens? 

It baffles me too that many of those that demand this kind of communication are the ones that moan most when little or none of it is ever delivered. Then they demand more.... :lol:

Bizarre. 

I think most adult fans would like the fans bar to be finished. 

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you accept thought that the vast, vast majority of Oldham supporters don't really care about any of that and even many who do don't expect or want to be told about it all in fine detail as long as it just happens? 

Bizarre. 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

A prime example - the vast, vast majority are totally unaware there was/is going to be one...... 

Really?! It was the main thing apart from seats in that stand that was there being sold as ‘for’ fans when the plans were announced. 

?

Just now, maddog said:

Really?! It was the main thing apart from seats in that stand that was there being sold as ‘for’ fans when the plans were announced. 

?

I was meaning the one they recently put the kibosh on but I reckon my point stands for what I think (?) was going to be called the 1895 Bar on the top floor. 

I was looking forward to that being there but it was never a "dealbreaker" for me going in the North Stand. It still doesn't exist and I still go in the North Stand. 

Again, only us few internet anoraks are really conscious of the fact it isn't finished....

90%+ (I reckon I'm being conservative there) don't know or care about most of the things us on here and Twitter obsess about... 

19 minutes ago, maddog said:

Except we have now been told that space is not ours and never was despite being told initially the north stand would create 365 day revenue for the football club - this is something I would like to see the trust challenge 

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I was meaning the one they recently put the kibosh on but I reckon my point stands for what I think (?) was going to be called the 1895 Bar on the top floor. 

I was looking forward to that being there but it was never a "dealbreaker" for me going in the North Stand. It still doesn't exist and I still go in the North Stand. 

Again, only us few internet anoraks are really conscious of the fact it isn't finished....

90%+ (I reckon I'm being conservative there) don't know or care about most of the things us on here and Twitter obsess about... 

I was (clearly, I thought) talking about the proper fans bar in the new north stand, not a pop up one the Trust we’re trying to sort in the interim. You know, the one that was supposed to be a bigger a better version of the Royle Bar (that was always rammed) that they knocked down, and we were assured would be reopened as soon as the new stand opened? Also, this would be well frequented before and after each home match / maybe even away matches if they sussed licensing issues for broadcasting commentary / live stream - and would make money. 

I set set off with this point with gusto but have now lost the will to live with it. I could have just said Harry, you’re not accurate in saying that fans don’t care about any of this stuff. 

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

I was (clearly, I thought) talking about the proper fans bar in the new north stand, not a pop up one the Trust we’re trying to sort in the interim. You know, the one that was supposed to be a bigger a better version of the Royle Bar (that was always rammed) that they knocked down, and we were assured would be reopened as soon as the new stand opened? Also, this would be well frequented before and after each home match / maybe even away matches if they sussed licensing issues for broadcasting commentary / live stream - and would make money. 

I set set off with this point with gusto but have now lost the will to live with it. I could have just said Harry, you’re not accurate in saying that fans don’t care about any of this stuff. 

Of course some care.

I do. Albeit it's way, way down the list of stuff I care about (I don't have such a list, for the record).

My original post that you latched onto was in response to somebody making quite a long list of club related minutiae that he wanted Abdallah to come out and speak about. 

Surely you agree that the vast majority of match going, and/or lapsed, Oldham fans don't share his need for AL to record an interview or release a statement laying out all that information ? 

Edited by HarryBosch