Stayaways

Stayaways  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry for another thread but, new ownership so:

• Come back
    • Stayaway
    • Always there

9 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

they won't be back! .. and if a few do, UNLESS we win, they've got a ready made reason why not to!

Just felt it was certain fans sole reason for not attending. Ive done a poll on twitter and whilst not many have voted, 75% have said they'd come back

4 minutes ago, robboman said:

Just felt it was certain fans sole reason for not attending. Ive done a poll on twitter and whilst not many have voted, 75% have said they'd come back

So long as its not in my seat....get your own.

The amount of people who don’t attend as a boycott to Corney is minimal.

The majority of stayaways lost interest because we’ve been in this division 20 years and have only had two promotion attempts in that time.

The only way to bring those fans back is to show some long term progression I.e getting promoted or at least a having a few cracks at the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on which division we're in, this summer should be the catalyst to boost crowds.  

AL needs to secure a showcase name or two to demonstrate his intent.  Get them early, generate excitement and parade them in line with ST price release.  If possible, provide a financial incentive to boost the crowds -

- Discounted kid ST if a parent/adult ST bought at same time

- STs at £x for the season but for every 10 points the club secures (or goals scored) then each fan signed to the scheme agrees to paying the club £y by DD contractually up to a certain limit.  Achieving 50 points, the fan has paid back to the standard discounted price of the ST.  60-70 points, they've paid the standard full price.  80+ points they've paid slightly more that full price but for that points return I'm sure all fans would happily pay a little extra as it's reflecting product on the pitch.  

58 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Depending on which division we're in, this summer should be the catalyst to boost crowds.  

AL needs to secure a showcase name or two to demonstrate his intent.  Get them early, generate excitement and parade them in line with ST price release.  If possible, provide a financial incentive to boost the crowds -

- STs at £x for the season but for every 10 points the club secures (or goals scored) then each fan signed to the scheme agrees to paying the club £y by DD contractually up to a certain limit.  Achieving 50 points, the fan has paid back to the standard discounted price of the ST.  60-70 points, they've paid the standard full price.  80+ points they've paid slightly more that full price but for that points return I'm sure all fans would happily pay a little extra as it's reflecting product on the pitch.  

Bit too complicated, needs something simple like Burnley did, get promoted and free ST next season or something along those lines

My guess is that the number who 'stayed away ' because of ownership, as the question implies,  can be numbered on the fingers of very few hands. Most are driftaways rather than stayaways.

Oops,  been said already 

Edited by Dave_Og

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

16 minutes ago, cmr said:

Bit too complicated, needs something simple like Burnley did, get promoted and free ST next season or something along those lines

You two aren’t discussing having a ‘plan’ are you?

Watching Latics for many is just a habit as there is very little to enjoy for such a long periods. Once that habit is broken, it takes something fairly spectacular to get people back, I saw it happen with the cup run and the following successful season in the league that started in 1989.

There’s no quick fix, it’s just going to take time I’m afraid, if it even happens at all.