Plymouth (H)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rigsby said:

* waves

hellllo..

The rigsby haters will be quiet this evening..

I will say it again for the hard of hearing- GARDNER AND FANE are NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

Fans was a tactical substitution  and Gardner did ok, particularly 2nd half bringing others into play.

The biggest disappointment for me was Byrne.

Bryan was also poor and bullied by Taylor.

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Make the Bradford game free entrance new manager couple of signings start the momentum still time to get out of this,

Not a chance as they'd have to let thousands of Bradfords fans in for free, today was the day they should of put on an offer as any sort of feel good factor has evaporated after that performance.

Missed chances, but no sympathy for Wellens. Baffling from the start. Dreadful selections. Gardner was truly appalling today, he's been bad for a few weeks, needs dropping. 

Left footed left back should be a priority. Get Hunt fit and at rightback, Dummigan was at fault for both goals, and has cost us more than once this season. 

1. Wellens didn’t learn from the reverse fixture 5 weeks ago. Carey took us apart then, which some of us knew was likely to happen, Carey took us apart in that 10 minute spell today. When you are struggling the least you can do is learn from your mistakes but Wellens didn’t today.

2. Taking Fane off was the right decision for me. His limitations really don’t suit a team trying to chase a 2 goal deficit. Sometimes taking off a player who isn’t playing badly is the right thing to do. Although I’m not sure how much at fault Fane was for Carey taking us apart, he is a likely contender, given the respective positions.

3. Strangely by taking Fane off we actually looked stronger defensively, I’m not sure why that is, but I’d hazard a guess that the rest of midfield bucked their ideas up, as did our defence.

4. Davies needs to play with someone up front, he looked lost on his own but dangerous second half when Duckens and then Holloway were up front with him.

5. We looked dangerous when we got the ball wide, but failed to do so on many occasions. (See what others have said about Gevaro).

6. Something needs to improve otherwise we are in right trouble. A lot of players aren’t playing well and haven’t shown signs of improvement.

I feel like we are picking 11 players, not a team. The midfield was all over the place. Nepo should start wide left to give us the beginning of a shape with Fane behind, we can't fit Byrne, McLaughlin, Gardner, Pringle, McEleney and Benyu in there and expect it to work.

I'm not sure Fane wasn't struggling with an injury before he came off. Ducky played well though.

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

Missed chances, but no sympathy for Wellens. Baffling from the start. Dreadful selections. Gardner was truly appalling today, he's been bad for a few weeks, needs dropping. 

Left footed left back should be a priority. Get Hunt fit and at rightback, Dummigan was at fault for both goals, and has cost us more than once this season. 

To be fair to Dummigan he got no protection from Byrne and was a lot better when McLaughlin swapped flanks. Agree with others saying we need two upfront. Davies perked up when we went to two. And on a positive note (Rigsby and co.try this ....just for a change) the lad from Wolves had a promising debut and should start next match. 

48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Have people been told not to pass Nepocenco?

He was available time and time again on the overlap to get a cross in and Pringle, Byrne and Gardner were all guilty of turning back inside and ignoring him and they just ran into traffic. We started cheering in the north stand when we actually passed him the ball.

Tbh I don't think they could see him in the second half. Perimeter boards adverts were makinghim blend in....so corney please take the with you

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I feel like we are picking 11 players, not a team. The midfield was all over the place. Nepo should start wide left to give us the beginning of a shape with Fane behind, we can't fit Byrne, McLaughlin, Gardner, Pringle, McEleney and Benyu in there and expect it to work.

I'm not sure Fane wasn't struggling with an injury before he came off. Ducky played well though.

This.

Edited by deckyd

RW said in his after match, that he took Fane of partly as he was struggling with a groin strain.

He also said they worked on delaing with Carey int he week

That he has goven them too much onformaiton tactically.

Threw Dummigan under the bus for the goal, and that he took him literally about coming inside.

Not a happy ship at the mpment I  am sensing.

We only got some belief and started to have a go after the OG went in. 

They had two shots on target first half and they went in, second half three shots a least that trickled across the face of our goal.

their  GK from memory produced three good saves too. 

it all went wrong when jonny had to change shirts.

some strange choices on the pitch and a ref who was not good and the bloody linesman near the main stand was pants too.

1 minute ago, singe said:

RW said in his after match, that he took Fane of partly as he was struggling with a groin strain.

He also said they worked on delaing with Carey int he week

That he has goven them too much onformaiton tactically.

Threw Dummigan under the bus for the goal, and that he took him literally about coming inside.

Not a happy ship at the mpment I  am sensing.

Fane cant control a ball.

Are we SERIOUSLY wanting fane in the team? Is this our level? A pro midfielder who really cannot control a football properly.

Not gonna lie, didn’t even realise Gardner was playing until reading the above comments. 

Pringle didn’t impress me either. 

But what I will say is that if we do end up letting Davies go before Wednesday, then  the board, Wellens and Lemsagan ought to get lynched. He’s the best forward at the club and was our best player on the pitch today and might as well have another goal added to his tally since it was his quick turn and shot which led to us scoring. Admittedly I’ve only been to 6 or so games this season, but Davies has looked a handful every single time. I was underwhelmed when we resigned him, but he’s doing his part this season. 

Edited by PlayItLivo

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

We only got some belief and started to have a go after the OG went in. 

They had two shots on target first half and they went in, second half three shots a least that trickled across the face of our goal.

They shoot they score :chubb: