Plymouth (H)

Can we go back to the days when we were winning 3-2 and drawing 3-3 and everyone on here was moaning about it because we weren't keeping clean sheets and would struggle to make the playoffs, careful what you wish for.

As for the missing link a player like Ajose would fit the bill, busy, can work the channels and would occupy opposition defences freeing up space for others in the same way Doyle did, its not really rocket science to try and bring someone in of similar ilk to Doyle and for me someone in the mould of Ajose would fit the bill.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, manshaw said:

Wow you have got a lot of downboats

Yeah magister the very sad man , votes me down ten times every day from his other username (how pathetic) Alterego. The loser only logs on to do that , he doesnt  even  bother posting his negative drivel anymore. I won’t lose sleep tho 

Skim-read some of the comments on here...one thing that's got my head shaking is the amount of negatives Byrne is getting. The lad played several decent balls forward on Saturday that others either reacted too late to get onto, didn't read at all or just couldn't be bothered making the run for. Was frustrating to fuck. Then fans moan at Byrne instead of the player who should've been getting onto it. Indeed, the goal came from Byrne feeding Davies. Another almost saw their lad getting a red card in the first half for pulling Davies down. Is it just me that's seeing Byrne do what he did during our better spell, but barely any player getting onto these passes? As others have said, some of these lads appear to be just thick footballers.

Meanwhile elsewhere, it was the Pringle-Gardener crab show. Pass ---> pass ----> pass ----> pass ----> pass ---->sometimes backwards pass.....amount of times the two had chance to get close together and try a 1-2 to work through the traffic but never bothered and merrily passed the hot potato sideways. Give me a Byrne all day trying to forward pass over these two crabs. I'll admit though, I want to see more of Pringle. Once he's a few games under his belt, he may start to click.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Skim-read some of the comments on here...one thing that's got my head shaking is the amount of negatives Byrne is getting. The lad played several decent balls forward on Saturday that others either reacted too late to get onto, didn't read at all or just couldn't be bothered making the run for. Was frustrating to fuck. Then fans moan at Byrne instead of the player who should've been getting onto it. Indeed, the goal came from Byrne feeding Davies. Another almost saw their lad getting a red card in the first lad for pulling Davies down. Is it just me that's seeing Byrne do what he did before, but barely any player getting onto these passes?

Meanwhile elsewhere, it was the Pringle-Gardener crab show. Pass ---> pass ----> pass ----> pass ----> pass ---->sometimes backwards pass.....amount of times the two had chance to get close together and try a 1-2 to work through the traffic but never bothered and merrily passed the hot potato sideways. Give me a Byrne all day trying to forward pass over these two crabs. I'll admit though, I want to see more of Pringle. Once he's a few games under his belt, he may start to click.

I seem to remember the crabs having as many shots at goal as Byrne.

7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

And how many goals were they involved in?

Let's not look at it with rose tinted glasses, some of Byrne's distribution was poor (as was the bullied  Bryan's) and he didn't have much impact on the game. Davies was the one the few who came out with some credit IMO.

You call it rose tinted

I call it blinkered. There were several decent passes nobody went for/read/could be arsed going for. On Saturday, have a watch what the intended recipients are doing while Byrne is threading the ball forward (unlike other midfielders.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

One twos were a feature of our improved form when Wellens first came in. They have dried up ever since. Byrne is still our main man and rightly so.

Pringle looks tidy enough but given he’s been out injured for so long appears very slow and players run past him for fun. I’m not sure we can have both in the team but if we have to I’d much rather play Byrne

17 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Skim-read some of the comments on here...one thing that's got my head shaking is the amount of negatives Byrne is getting. The lad played several decent balls forward on Saturday that others either reacted too late to get onto, didn't read at all or just couldn't be bothered making the run for. Was frustrating to fuck. Then fans moan at Byrne instead of the player who should've been getting onto it. Indeed, the goal came from Byrne feeding Davies. Another almost saw their lad getting a red card in the first half for pulling Davies down. Is it just me that's seeing Byrne do what he did during our better spell, but barely any player getting onto these passes? As others have said, some of these lads appear to be just thick footballers.

Footballers are usually thick. Have you only just realised?

Byrne probably more than most as he spends large parts of the match in the wrong positions

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Footballers are usually thick. Have you only just realised?

Byrne probably more than most as he spends large parts of the match in the wrong positions

RW has criticised Byrne, a good player, but does he listen and learn?

12 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Is this right? Can't believe we thought he had 2yrs in him. He didn't even last a couple of months. 

At the time he was our best outfield player. I for one was glad to have him signed up. I thought his role might have evolved into player / defence coach. I don't remember many dissenting voices. Hindsight is 20/20 vision.