Wellens Out!??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, give him a chance to get it right.  I dont see him being able to do so but would like to be proven wrong.   See who comes in before window.

Think his position is under question though, no doubt about that as 1 win in 13 games  doesnt make for good reading.  

Edited by deckyd
1 win in 13? Not no wins.

Oh the highs of yesterday and the low of today! So......

9 games without a league win

1 league win in the last 13

4 points off safety...16 games left.

Doesn't sound good, but are we really that bad?

Question - Does AL stick with Wellens and if not who comes in? Needs to be done by Monday if we change IMO so at least whoever rep;laces him can bring in a few bodies of his own.

Thoughts?

We have 2 points from the last 27 ....It would have to be a remarkable improvement on current form. 

We badly needed a win today but gave away early goals once again and it’s becoming a habit we can’t seem to shake off!

Doyle will be irrelevant if we can’t keep clean sheets. I’d like to think that Wellens can turn it around but AL might be thinking differently!

I really want to give Wellens time, I like the bloke. However, that first half was criminal. Completely bizarre team selection. Why start one up front in such an important game? Fail to get a result next week and he’s definitely gone. Simon Grayson, please.

Team selection was borderline moronic.  Gardner in a forward role? Are you kidding me?

Plus point, the new kid up front looks very very good. Pretty obvious to anyone that he should have been on from the start. Why sign him and bench him. Too much loyalty shown to some players in the last dozen games. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Team selection was borderline moronic.  Gardner in a forward role? Are you kidding me?

Plus point, the new kid up front looks very very good. Pretty obvious to anyone that he should have been on from the start. Why sign him and bench him. Too much loyalty shown to some players in the last dozen games. 

He is showing certain traits that Shez adopted before getting the chop - its all very strange.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Is that the new kid who hardly passed to a blue shirt for all of his 70 minutes? 

13 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Stick with him. Even if we go down. 

From the start he made as manager did any of the doom & gloom merchants think relegation was a possibility that is how far we have declined,  cue Celine Dion my heart will go on the way we have declined.

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

From the start he made as manager did any of the doom & gloom merchants think relegation was a possibility that is how far we have declined,  cue Celine Dion my heart will go on the way we have declined.

We lost 7 of our first 9 before Wellens took charge. We’ve not really declined at all, we’ve been getting shit results for the majority of the season.