Off topic

A bit random i know, but do we actually pay any of the four muppets who come onto the pitch at HT with the forks? I loathe to call them groundstaff because they look like they don't know a pitch from a piss. One was wandering round staring at his phone half the time, another was entertaining himself waving at friends in the crowd and the other two looked as interested as Davis in a Thursday night testimonial at Rawtenstall. The pitch IS a bit of a mess and it WOULD have been useful to have groundstaff preparing and maintaining for the second half, especially in the half we were attacking. Fucking wasters!

9 minutes ago, otid said:

A bit random i know, but do we actually pay any of the four muppets who come onto the pitch at HT with the forks? I loathe to call them groundstaff because they look like they don't know a pitch from a piss. One was wandering round staring at his phone half the time, another was entertaining himself waving at friends in the crowd and the other two looked as interested as Davis in a Thursday night testimonial at Rawtenstall. The pitch IS a bit of a mess and it WOULD have been useful to have groundstaff preparing and maintaining for the second half, especially in the half we were attacking. Fucking wasters!

Be careful you will have the head groundsman calling you a weapon :laught16:

• Like 1

I'm not in any position to criticise,and I thought he tthrew the groundstaff under the bus but who knows given what you've said, but RW in his press conf after the game said we will now change tactics because we can't play a passing game on theat pitch.

30 minutes ago, otid said:

We probably do pay them but if their usual role is as part of the groundstaff we probably don’t pay them much. If they usual do something else we still won’t pay them much.

I’m not sure how much benefit forking a pitch in random spots for 15 minutes has on a pitch the next hour.

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

We probably do pay them but if their usual role is as part of the groundstaff we probably don’t pay them much. If they usual do something else we still won’t pay them much.

I’m not sure how much benefit forking a pitch in random spots for 15 minutes has on a pitch the next hour.

True, a fork up the backside of our players from the kick off would be much more effective.

Edited by BP1960

This is off topic from this topic but anyway, why if you have a blue badge do you get to park for free ?  Everyone else has to pay why do blue badge holders not have to. 

I take my Grandma to the games regularly and we have to use her blue badge, it really confuses us as to why we don’t have to pay, we feel we should. 

Just wondered if anyone knew 

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This is off topic from this topic but anyway, why if you have a blue badge do you get to park for free ?  Everyone else has to pay why do blue badge holders not have to. 

I take my Grandma to the games regularly and we have to use her blue badge, it really confuses us as to why we don’t have to pay, we feel we should. 

Just wondered if anyone knew 

Disability discrimination reasonable adjustment. The same way owning a blue badge gives you some leeway in terms of parking restrictions. Lots of places charge blue badge holders but it isn't universal. 

Presumably you park at the back of the RRE. I've never seen anyone take money there. 

10 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Dident we hire a company to take care of the pitch this season instead of a single head groundsman thought I read that somewhere 

There was an announcement that made it look like we were spending far more for the pitch. When we couldn't pay the tax or wages. Draw your own conclusions...

• 1 month later...

Keeping off both topics on this thread but not wanting to open a new thread.For the Bon viveurs amongst you I went to Wood for lunch yesterday. It was excellent and the man himself was cooking but the cherry on the cake (not literally) was 20% off with my season ticket. Top man!

2 hours ago, astottie said:

Keeping off both topics on this thread but not wanting to open a new thread.For the Bon viveurs amongst you I went to Wood for lunch yesterday. It was excellent and the man himself was cooking but the cherry on the cake (not literally) was 20% off with my season ticket. Top man!

Is that an advertised offer or was you being a bit cheeky and asked him?

Someone told me when it opened. It didn't dawn on me that it might be first month but you might be right as when I mentioned it to the maitre d he said oh I knew we used to. anyway he checked it and was fine with it. Showed my season card to the waiter and he said I've never seen one of these before! Cheeky bugger.Must have been a red

and if you are interested

pigeon and fig

halibut with a pistachio crust

rhubarb and white chocolate

botttle of Argentinian Malbec 

Edited by astottie

9 hours ago, astottie said:

Someone told me when it opened. It didn't dawn on me that it might be first month but you might be right as when I mentioned it to the maitre d he said oh I knew we used to. anyway he checked it and was fine with it. Showed my season card to the waiter and he said I've never seen one of these before! Cheeky bugger.Must have been a red

and if you are interested

pigeon and fig

halibut with a pistachio crust

rhubarb and white chocolate

botttle of Argentinian Malbec 

The pigeon and fig, what was that like, sounds a decent combination.