North Stand Tannoy !#*?!

Minor thing. (It actually isn’t... it’s effin’ annoying and is probably a H&S breach)

Can someone, trust perhaps, have a word with the club and get the bloody sound sorted in the North Stand. From memory I think it has worked once this season.

Oh... and the Gym’s nightclub light show in the latter stages of the second half was annoying too yesterday. I thought they were supposed to close shutters during the match? 

Edited by kowenicki

Definitely a health and safety issue and one that the stand's health and safety certificate issued by the local authority and the Fire Service is prevalent on. Probably something as simple as forgetting to switch it on but that asks serious questions of is the Ground's Safety Officer doing his job?

13 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Definitely a health and safety issue and one that the stand's health and safety certificate issued by the local authority and the Fire Service is prevalent on. Probably something as simple as forgetting to switch it on but that asks serious questions of is the Ground's Safety Officer doing his job?

Makes you wonder why they are so jobsworthy about selling a few tinnies under the stand when they obviously don't care a hoot for fixing the PA system.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Minor thing. (It actually isn’t... it’s effin’ annoying and is probably a H&S breach)

Can someone, trust perhaps, have a word with the club and get the bloody sound sorted in the North Stand. From memory I think it has worked once this season.

Oh... and the Gym’s nightclub light show in the latter stages of the second half was annoying too yesterday. I thought they were supposed to close shutters during the match? 

They close the shutters on the ground floor of the gym but not the 1st floor which is the spot they do the classes. 

Dear all 

You need to flag this to the clubs SLO. I don't have their details I'm afraid, think there is 3 of them

your right about the upper gym, they were watching the match for free...I might even have to mention the pissing about with the brightened of those perimeter boards at half time. I thought a plane was going to land and I'm convinced that's why they couldn't see our player out on the wing too especially when the advert background was in blue.

The lack of  an adequate sound system in the North Stand while it may seem a small matter in the scheme of things really is a symptom of how the club has been run over recent times. They don't care about the fans.From a health and safety point of view I think the answer is that there is another system that they can put messages out on in the event of a crowd emergency. So the fact that we can't hear music and other announcements doesn't matter to the powers that be.

perhaps things like this will change in the new regime and yes it is precisely the type of thing that the Trust should be onto the club about.

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

The lack of  an adequate sound system in the North Stand while it may seem a small matter in the scheme of things really is a symptom of how the club has been run over recent times. They don't care about the fans.From a health and safety point of view I think the answer is that there is another system that they can put messages out on in the event of a crowd emergency. So the fact that we can't hear music and other announcements doesn't matter to the powers that be.

perhaps things like this will change in the new regime and yes it is precisely the type of thing that the Trust should be onto the club about.

Hello laticsmarra.

Its harsh to say but it's not a trust issue. Match day experiences both home and away are dealt with by a specific team. The  SLO team come under the remit of the club via I think, an EFL directive. 

Luckily though, one of the Trust directors volunteers as an SLO and does keep us updated on issues like this. So I will have a word with him re Tannoy to see if it's been reported...again as I think their were issues last season? 

Cheers

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Hello laticsmarra.

Its harsh to say but it's not a trust issue. Match day experiences both home and away are dealt with by a specific team. The  SLO team come under the remit of the club via I think, an EFL directive. 

Luckily though, one of the Trust directors volunteers as an SLO and does keep us updated on issues like this. So I will have a word with him re Tannoy to see if it's been reported...again as I think their were issues last season? 

Cheers

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Hello laticsmarra.

Cheers

Thanks Underdog,yes it has been a problem since the stand was opened

I've throw an message to one of the SLO, he has confirmed it's been a problem since installation and is complained about every home game.

the club have had engineers out and they belive it's the wiring. Alledgedly, and I will say this as I don't honestly know myself, he has been advised the safety PA system is separate from the main system. So emergency announcement should be heard.

however saying this I don't think I've been in the ground to hear.."this is a testing of the emergency system at boundary park...." Has anyone else heard this in any stand?

Edited by underdog

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

I've throw an message to one of the SLO, he has confirmed it's been a problem since installation and is complained about every home game.

the club have had engineers out and they belive it's the wiring. Alledgedly, and I will say this as I don't honestly know myself, he has been advised the safety PA system is separate from the main system. So emergency announcement should be heard.

however saying this I don't think I've been in the ground to hear.."this is a testing of the emergency system at boundary park...." Has anyone else heard this in any stand?

Not since about 1996....

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I was in hospitality yesterday, they did two tests of the alert system heard them perfectly. Couldn’t hear a thing from the main tannoy throughout 

Couldnt year any alert system test in North Stand seating yesterday.  Not heard one since it was opened. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Couldnt year any alert system test in North Stand seating yesterday.  Not heard one since it was opened. 

Sorry should have been clearer it was heard inside and they did it about half one and quarter to two so maybe you weren’t in then but if you were and didn’t hear it outside that’s concerning 

I tweeted the SLO (Who acknowledged the tweet) the @official , Mark Moisley, & even Corney ? on Friday. The 6th or 7th time this season...

As usual fuck all gets done!

Now missed the tribute to Jimmy Frizzell & the introduction of the owner. Only massive pieces of club history that the club itself don't give a shit if the fans who pay good money see!!!!

Edited by palmer1

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Sorry should have been clearer it was heard inside and they did it about half one and quarter to two so maybe you weren’t in then but if you were and didn’t hear it outside that’s concerning 

I know I was just saying I didn’t don’t hear it in the seats, but I wasn’t in then (don’t think they open seats until 2).

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I tweeted the SLO (Who acknowledged the tweet) the @official , Mark Moisley, & Ben Corney ? on Friday. The 6th or 7th time this season...

Now missed the tribute to Jimmy Frizzell & the introduction of the owner. Only massive pieces of club history that the club itself don't give a shit if the fans who pay good money see!!!!

That is the most annoying part. 

6 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I tweeted the SLO (Who acknowledged the tweet) the @official , Mark Moisley, & even Corney ? on Friday. The 6th or 7th time this season...

Palmer if it is want I think it was, it's now on YouTube if it helps, the our team, our town our time one with stich commentating on?

22 minutes ago, underdog said:

Palmer if it is want I think it was, it's now on YouTube if it helps, the our team, our town our time one with stich commentating on?

That was available before the game, it’s even posted on here somewhere I think.   It’s more the actual moments of, for example, the tribute to Jimmy Frizz. Couldn’t hear anything, didn’t know if it was applause or silence, no idea who was there, what was said or anything at all really. Pretty disgraceful.  Perhaps we should all bombard them with emails, tweets etc.  

55 minutes ago, underdog said:

You’ve got to ask why an issue with the wiring hasn’t been fixed in 5 months...

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Hello laticsmarra.

Cheers

Underdog, with the greatest respect, this  issue  has been raised by fans, is it not in your remit to represent their concerns to the powers that be?