7 wins...where will they come from?

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

These are the worst type of thread

I kind of agree, who would've seen us getting wins against Peterborough, Oxford, Fleetwood and Bolton and a draw against Sheffield United last season on paper. 

As long as we get a team/squad together that functions well together then we can pick up results against anyone in this league.  Predicting who we're going to beat for the rest of the season is nigh on impossible. 

Then again, it's a bit of fun.

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Christ lighten up..... 

I think the point is that, given the current situation, it is completely hopeless to be predicting where these seven wins are going to come from. I can see why you have chosen those teams as potentials but the proverbial "form book" does not stack the odds in the favour of Latics.

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think the point is that, given the current situation, it is completely hopeless to be predicting where these seven wins are going to come from. I can see why you have chosen those teams as potentials but the proverbial "form book" does not stack the odds in the favour of Latics.

Correct we have gone odds on to be relegated for the first time today and that price is probably still generous given our situation 10/11 - fill your boots.

I honestly didn’t think we would go down the last two season with shez. But I have a feeling we’re done for this season. Wellens is sadly clueless and way out of his depth. Tactics, formation are all over the place. Wait till we are losing then throw 3 strikers on is hardly football genius.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I honestly didn’t think we would go down the last two season with shez. But I have a feeling we’re done for this season. Wellens is sadly clueless and way out of his depth. Tactics, formation are all over the place. Wait till we are losing then throw 3 strikers on is hardly football genius.

Shut the hell up about shez, he should have a restraining order put on you. It’s bloody weird your obsession. It’s every fucking thread 

Edited by LightDN123

16 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Off topic here...Rochdale v Wigan tomorrow evening has been postponed.

A shame, as that surely would have been one of 'Dales games in hand wiped out.

Rochdale had a game called off 10 days ago due to a waterlogged pitch didn’t they? They will end up playing weekends and mid-week until the end of season at this rate- always some additional negatives when that happens.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Rochdale had a game called off 10 days ago due to a waterlogged pitch didn’t they? They will end up playing weekends and mid-week until the end of season at this rate- always some additional negatives when that happens.

Shouldn't fret about Dale.  If they overtake us I'd guess we're down by some margin

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

And as you say further bad weather may cause  even more postponements if the pitch is prone to waterlogging.

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Sorry, but Wellens isn't clueless.  He proved that earlier in the season when he helped turn around a team that was a mess partly due to Shez's mistakes.

Is he the right man to lead us through this relegation battle?  It's debatable because the style he's had us playing is very open and I'm not sure shutting up shop will come easily to him.

But clueless?  Nope, not having that.

Even if we sack him because we feel that a different manager will be better at survival football, I'd still say that he'll have been harshly sacked and that he's shown signs that he'll become a good manager in the future.