7 wins...where will they come from?

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still really don't fancy us. I don't think there is anyone in the squad who will drag us out of the shit...

Our defence is the biggest concern. Going forward I think we’ll always create enough, and certainly got the strikers now to put them away. 

Bit perturbed you dont fancy us though, your calming words are what get me through the dark winter months of panic. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Our defence is the biggest concern. Going forward I think we’ll always create enough, and certainly got the strikers now to put them away. 

Bit perturbed you dont fancy us though, your calming words are what get me through the dark winter months of panic. 

Usually very confident of a 17th placed finish. There just doesn't appear to be enough leaders in that side who will drag you through the shit, and I include Gerrard in that...

Doyle and hunt back for Southend I hope and the Irish midfielder who is rated be back in 2/3 week's I think enough . Huge win last night needed them 3 points out of bottom 4 . We were 4 points adrift less than 2 weeks ago so confidence back we need lady luck too for next 13 games 

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Usually very confident of a 17th placed finish. There just doesn't appear to be enough leaders in that side who will drag you through the shit, and I include Gerrard in that...

Mmmm. A bit harsh on Gerrard, I thinks he’s our only one.  I get your point though, plenty of tidy footballers, but not many leaders.  

Still, we have just taken 7 from 9. . 

What I back this team to do better than other teams we have had in previous seasons is to score goals. This team is more capable than the 2 previous seasons of finding the back of the net we will do enough to stay up. We've taken 7 from the last 9 without Eoin Doyle with him back we will easily do enough. 

13 to go 5 wins required throw in 3 draws it still allows for 5 defeats to the 54 point mark that will easily see us safe.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm really looking forward to a season where the first few months of the year don't have one of these countdowns... I'm craving mid-table mediocrity.

This season's countdown seems more achievable though - I hope Typical Latics Law doesn't dictate that it's the one we make a mess of.

Can't wait for the 'we are staying up' chant to do the rounds again - absolute piss boil song that one, there's nothing worse for me than celebrating the fact that we've finished top of the bottom quarter of the table. :petesake:

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't wait for the 'we are staying up' chant to do the rounds again - absolute piss boil song that one, there's nothing worse for me than celebrating the fact that we've finished top of the bottom quarter of the table. :petesake:

Have you never ever sang that chant after we have won in those dire situations?

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Home

Southend

Portsmouth

Walsall

Blackpool

Gillingham

Doncaster

Away

Scunthorpe

Bury

Wigan

Oxford

Rochdale

Wimbledon

Northampton

So that's 2 teams in the top 6 (Scunthorpe and Wigan both away) and 2 more from top half (Portsmouth and Gillingham both home).  Other than that, we play all the teams in the bottom half except Fleetwood and MK.

As well as that, we don't really have an individual weakness in the first XI.  The defence as a whole is a bit suspect but I trust each player within it.  So as long as we don't a bad run of form in March I think we'll be OK.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So that's 2 teams in the top 6 (Scunthorpe and Wigan both away) and 2 more from top half (Portsmouth and Gillingham both home).  Other than that, we play all the teams in the bottom half except Fleetwood and MK.

As well as that, we don't really have an individual weakness in the first XI.  The defence as a whole is a bit suspect but I trust each player within it.  So as long as we don't a bad run of form in March I think we'll be OK.

Yep. Won’t need 18 points either imo. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still really don't fancy us. I don't think there is anyone in the squad who will drag us out of the shit...

2 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

Doyle and hunt back for Southend I hope and the Irish midfielder who is rated be back in 2/3 week's I think enough . Huge win last night needed them 3 points out of bottom 4 . We were 4 points adrift less than 2 weeks ago so confidence back we need lady luck too for next 13 games 

After Plymouth I was really worried RW could not turn it around, his demeanour and grumbles did not bode well.  But since then, he has managed to get the team to play against it's natural instincts, tightened up a bit and got the team still performing. He's shown he can change tactics but most importantly get them motivated.

I'm less worried than other seasons at the moment,  we have some quality players and some more to come back. We are far from put of the woods yet and it will see many more twists and turns, not least from the games in hand some have on us, but RW has shown he has not "lost the dressing room" to use the hated phrase.

Bury's revival has a few draws, but we are 10 clear of them, so in our hands.

Dale took a major setback last night going down after being ahead, their pile up, cup distraciton and dodgy pitch may help us.

Would still prefer both them to stay up., but not at our expense obviously.

Fleetwood, AFCW, & MKDons are all on a bad run all losing their last 4 games

21 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Have you never ever sang that chant after we have won in those dire situations?

Honestly the answer is No.

Celebrating failure is in my opinion  cringeworthy, of course I've been pleased that we have managed to survive but only because it gave us some hope for the following season.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Sang it with some gusto v Southampton in 1993. Seemed justifiable 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Surely we glide through it with class like Doyle, Byrne, Bryan?

I don’t see us anywhere near the bottom in 6 games to be honest

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We’ll be fine, if we continue to grind out results when not playing brilliantly 

though possibly saved by Dale and MK Dons, plus 2 others

I have a feeling that Bury will scramble clear

Northampton this year are definitely the worst side I’ve ever seen at BP. The fact that we’re level on points with them makes me want to vomit. This squad should be finishing top-half at the very least, best eleven we’ve had for years.

30 minutes ago, latics22 said:

3 games ago I thought we were going down. I’m not getting ahead of myself, but it’s looking a lot better. There is quite a few teams that all have to do worse than us, we should be ok ?

Similar. It was looking bad when I stopped absorbing over the takeover and realised how shit our results had got. Injuries and Wellens sulking put more fear into me. We have a better shape and seemingly improved morale now. Minging points at home and hoping for good performances away with more to come from Pringle/Ducky/Doyle/McEleney/McLaughlin