Wilfried Moimbe signs?

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

RW doesn't need a load of unknown trialists clogging up the training sessions, not one of them lads he will know of

RW alluded to this in the piece in the MEN that somebody has put a link to. He said he wants a squad of 20 quality players as anything bigger is difficult to work with. He also said that he’d welcome players who are better than what we have but we shouldn’t just be signing players just for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, johnafoafc said:

My main concern with all these unknown foreign players coming in is whether they’re up to it. The club isn’t in a position to be letting unknown quantities cut their teeth.  Hopefully there’ll be a few established players coming in to drag us out of this mess.

To be fair, the same could be said about the current bunch of non-Abdallah chumps. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

None of the last lot were really all that yet AL brought them in over Shez's head, RW doesn't need a load of unknown trialists clogging up the training sessions, not one of them lads he will know of yet your expecting him to get them playing for us in unfamiliar surroundings in a relegation dogfight at the arse end of League 1 - good luck with that one :chubb:

What did you expect? He shipped a load in when first involved, now he owns us bound to flood us with players he either knows or represents(ed). Oh and no sign of Doyle today as promised.

2 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Kwateng was definitely the one we wanted rather than this fella

If he doesn't want to play for us probably as welI he's not, maybe not what we need in dogfight.

Edited by BP1960

25 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Again, that surely has to be pure speculation.

To be fair, Not really

Whilst we need a LB, Moimbe  not played all season and only played 20 games last season having taken a step up of from Ligue 2. Even then he averages around 20 games a season and is 29.

Kwateng is 20, RB, but played across the back and has played for France at U16, U17, U18, U19 and Under 20 level. 16 games at U19.

The only negative is the amount of League games, but only been a pro 3 seasons.

I think the way it’s going is a receipe for disaster. If Wellens has any chance of turning it around he to be backed with only his choices, especially in this window. If AL has to or wants to bring in  5/10/15 forgein lads in, do it in the summer on a trial basis. Take the ones we like, and let the rest go. It creates the least disruption.  I wonder if RW or any manager would agree or want to work with what seems to be,

‘you can have certain amount of your choices, but you’ll have to supplement the rest of your squad with lads I bring in. 

I just dont don’t see that working. Now or in the future. 

Many managers in industry have no say in who's employed, they have to get the best out of what they have got, some you like some you don't, but you still have get the team all pulling together.

This is what RW will have to do.

I really can't see AL flooding the squad with non-domestic players to the detriment of the team.  He wants to succeed on the pitch so will also be looking for quality over quantity - similar to RW.

That said, if we can secure a LB from Nantes who is better than a LB from League 2 or a striker from the Swedish leagues who's more prolific that what's available in our leagues then what's the issue?

RW might prefer someone he knows for £1000 a week but , through AL's network, we could secure a better calibre player for less wage.  Therefore allowing us scope elsewhere.

I'm fully in agreement with MM when he said to dismiss AL's network and contacts would be stupid.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I really can't see AL flooding the squad with non-domestic players to the detriment of the team.  He wants to succeed on the pitch so will also be looking for quality over quantity - similar to RW.

That said, if we can secure a LB from Nantes who is better than a LB from League 2 or a striker from the Swedish leagues who's more prolific that what's available in our leagues then what's the issue?

RW might prefer someone he knows for £1000 a week but , through AL's network, we could secure a better calibre player for less wage.  Therefore allowing us scope elsewhere.

I'm fully in agreement with MM when he said to dismiss AL's network and contacts would be stupid.

Totally agree. And on top of this some people seem surprised that it’s happening. 

Besides, the majority of our signings have been domestic so if that is complimented by having access to overseas players that we would never have known about before then this could be a positive. As long as we sign the right ones!

Edited by nzlatic

What we saw the with the first bunch of #frenchlads is that half of them weren’t ready to come straight in.

Whichever foreign-based players we sign this time around have to be ready to come straight in and improve the side. That’s the challenge.

A world of overseas players good enough to improve a lower-half League 1 side, but we need them to do it immediately.

How can some of you be so naive??

We currently have a squad of 30 plus, only 15/16 of them play regularly. So we have half squad that the manager doesn’t rate or trust. Wellens himself has said the squad is far to big and he wants quality over quantity. Who’s he aiming that at??? 

Of the players that AL has brought in so far, how many are good enough?? I can think of one. Gervaro. So from his vast array contacts, we’ve found one. . And he’s hardly amazing. Does nobody find that a worry?? 

AL has been around the club since the summer, (we were signing mysterious forgein lads on trial in July/August) since then shez has left by mutual consent, and the next manager looks and sounds very much like shez did towards the end. We are third from bottom, can’t defend, and desperate for a win. 

Am I surprised this is the structure? No. I merely pointing that so far it’s been a disaster. Can it work moving forwards? Well, it has to I suppose. But it I think it has be done with a lot more thought, and the mangaer right on side. We’re not Real Madrid where you buy the best and let the manager just coach. We’re a struggling third division club, which at the minute isn’t very appealing. 

A reality check is needed of where we are, and how best to get us out of the shit. 

I don't get these rumours that Wellens isn't happy with what Shez was unhappy with. 

When he took over he knew exactly what had gone before and I imagined with him being younger than Shez and, in all likelihood, having played at clubs (almost certainly Leicester) where this is the norm that he'd be OK with it and just crack on. 

He talks about having a squad of 20 quality players which I get but wasn't there also talk of a reserve set up being put in place largely to accommodate Abdallah's French Lads once he had his feet under the table? 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How can some of you be so naive??

We currently have a squad of 30 plus, only 15/16 of them play regularly. So we have half squad that the manager doesn’t rate or trust. Wellens himself has said the squad is far to big and he wants quality over quantity. Who’s he aiming that at??? 

Of the players that AL has brought in so far, how many are good enough?? I can think of one. Gervaro. So from his vast array contacts, we’ve found one. . And he’s hardly amazing. Does nobody find that a worry?? 

AL has been around the club since the summer, (we were signing mysterious forgein lads on trial in July/August) since then shez has left by mutual consent, and the next manager looks and sounds very much like shez did towards the end. We are third from bottom, can’t defend, and desperate for a win. 

Am I surprised this is the structure? No. I merely pointing that so far it’s been a disaster. Can it work moving forwards? Well, it has to I suppose. But it I think it has be done with a lot more thought, and the mangaer right on side. We’re not Real Madrid where you buy the best and let the manager just coach. We’re a struggling third division club, which at the minute isn’t very appealing. 

A reality check is needed of where we are, and how best to get us out of the shit. 

Think this post sums up very well the current state of the club -hard to disagree with any of the above points.