Wilfried Moimbe signs?

Gotta love OWTB.

New owner dismissed after 5 days.

Moaners find something else to moan about.

I swear some on here are not actually OAFC fans.

And it is very amusing to see those defend RW, to the point of criticising the new owner, RW cannot be wrong has echoes of those that defend Trump or Brexit.

The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

There are issues ( like can RW save us, has Abdallah got the money to bring in the quality we need) but where and why are wide ranging rather than one dimensional.

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Many managers in industry have no say in who's employed, they have to get the best out of what they have got, some you like some you don't, but you still have get the team all pulling together.

This is what RW will have to do.

And it’s not unusual in football. I’d say it’s now the norm at the highest level other than under the clubs with super-managers. 

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Gotta love OWTB.

New owner dismissed after 5 days.

Moaners find something else to moan about.

I swear some on here are not actually OAFC fans.

And it is very amusing to see those defend RW, to the point of criticising the new owner, RW cannot be wrong has echoes of those that defend Trump or Brexit.

There are issues ( like can RW save us, has Abdallah got the money to bring in the quality we need) but where and why are wide ranging rather than one dimensional.

It’s a forum.

Where people might see things differently to you. Do you use terms like cognitive dissonance to come across as enlightened and somehow dismiss others POV?  

I think that’s a shame. 

Who said the owner has been dismissed after 5 days???  The moaners find something to moan about - is a default position, and lazy. 

You imply I and others don’t support the club, or want success because we have concerns and question things? Er. . Ok. 

Defending Wellens to the point of criticising the owner?? I’m asking them to work together better- for the benefit of the team. 

Its hardly hard hitting, more a sad reflection of where we are. I hope it improves. Quickly. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a forum.

Where people might see things differently to you. Do you use terms like cognitive dissonance to come across as enlightened and somehow dismiss others POV?  

I think that’s a shame. 

Who said the owner has been dismissed after 5 days???  The moaners find something to moan about - is a default position, and lazy. 

You imply I and others don’t support the club, or want success because we have concerns and question things? Er. . Ok. 

Defending Wellens to the point of criticising the owner?? I’m asking them to work together better- for the benefit of the team. 

Its hardly hard hitting, more a sad reflection of where we are. I hope it improves. Quickly. 

It's wasn't all about you.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

But do the advantages of his connections still established  outweigh the disadvantages. Too early to tell.

I am not, at this stage, of any opinion. merely stating what I believe the situation to actually be and hence why we should not be surprised at all by recent events.

What other reasons could there be to spend more than £1 buying a loss making football club without a ground in the shadow of 2 of the biggest clubs in the world?

2 hours ago, singe said:

Proper big posh words them innit

But back on topic,  people criticising some of the players brought in as being not good enough but is this not the case at every other club as well, often clubs can spend millions on players that turn out to be turnips. The whole process is hit and miss and we are no exception. If RW fails, and I actually think he will succeed, it will not be because he hasn’t been backed by AL.

2 minutes ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

Proper big posh words them innit

But back on topic,  people criticising some of the players brought in as being not good enough but is this not the case at every other club as well, often clubs can spend millions on players that turn out to be turnips. The whole process is hit and miss and we are no exception. If RW fails, and I actually think he will succeed, it will not be because he hasn’t been backed by AL.

By being backed do you mean AL might even let him sign a player or two he rates and wants himself?

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

By being backed do you mean AL might even let him sign a player or two he rates and wants himself?

McEleney, Benyu, Pringle, Zeus, Byrne, Bryan, Nazon.  I think those are all our signings with Wellens in charge.  How many of those have been forced on him you think?

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

McEleney, Benyu, Pringle, Zeus, Byrne, Bryan, Nazon.  I think those are all our signings with Wellens in charge.  How many of those have been forced on him you think?

Fair comment.  

Equally though, who out of Uche, De la Paz, placide, moimbe, kyeremeh, menig, omrani, maouche, and gevaro did Ritchie really want? Secondly having the chance to look at them, who does he play? Placide and gevaro. So 2 out of 9??

That’s 7 wages that sit there doing nothing, when Wellens desperately wants to strengthen elsewhere. I wonder if them 7 wages would go some way to getting on Doyle on a permenamt? 

I know which I prefer. 

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair comment.  

Equally though, who out of Uche, De la Paz, placide, moimbe, kyeremeh, menig, omrani, maouche, and gevaro did Ritchie really want? Secondly having the chance to look at them, who does he play? Placide and gevaro. So 2 out of 9??

That’s 7 wages that sit there doing nothing, when Wellens desperately wants to strengthen elsewhere. I wonder if them 7 wages would go some way to getting on Doyle on a permenamt? 

I know which I prefer. 

It's worth a go but I doubt whether we'll get away with playing Placide and de la Paz 

4 minutes ago, singe said:

A bit like Lee Johnson, there is no way Richie Wellens is manager who will have half a dozen players forced on him, He'd walk.

It’s missing the point singe. I’m not saying he has to play them or he’s fired. Your right, he would of gone by now. I’m talking about a hefty chunk of the squad never playing, and aren’t gonna play. Why? Because the manger doesn’t fancy them. Simple. That can’t be good for them, the manager or the club.

How is stockpiling footballers who aren’t good enough, a positive thing? 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair comment.  

I know which I prefer. 

Conversely how many of the players released/loaned out do you think RW wanted to keep?

Stott, Mantack, Banks, Flynn, Green, Clarke & Osei

I'd say the ones in your list are better than the ones released, although Clarke is a quality player he'd come i for a lot of criticism this season.

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair comment.  

I know which I prefer. 

But he wasn't in charge when we signed all those players. Neither was AL officially.

Have we signed players that haven't worked out?  Yes of course. But you can say the same for Flynn, Banks, Clarke, Green and anyone else domestic who's been shipped out for not being up to scratch.

We've had more than those players over on trial haven't we yet not signed them. 

It's a squad game, we can't just say we can only give 14 players time on the pitch each game so anyone else is a waste.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s missing the point singe. I’m not saying he has to play them or he’s fired. Your right, he would of gone by now. I’m talking about a hefty chunk of the squad never playing, and aren’t gonna play. Why? Because the manger doesn’t fancy them. Simple. That can’t be good for them, the manager or the club.

How is stockpiling footballers who aren’t good enough, a positive thing? 

I don’t disagree with the general point you’re making, but couldn’t you argue we’d already tried stockpiling other players he didn’t fancy – Banks, Flynn, Osei, etc?