Anthony Gee

17 minutes ago, robboman said:

Can we hold a party when barry leaves

Really dont get the hate regarding Barry. Only one on the board who tried to challenge some of Corney's decisions the rest didnt care/bother. I understand AL wants to keep him on aswell...

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Really dont get the hate regarding Barry. Only one on the board who tried to challenge some of Corney's decisions the rest didnt care/bother. I understand AL wants to keep him on aswell...

The only one?? Funny how he was never banned from the boardroom on matchdays but Simon Brooke was 

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It's because someone started a rumour and then another got jealous because he was on the board. The rest are band waggoners who except OWTB fake news into folklore. However you are right, Barry did challenge some of the desperate man tactic's of the past few years, and still does with the other two now.

Edited by Lags

35 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I thinks it's been mentioned the main person to question at board level has been your Trust rep and Barry has been very supportive of Simon Brooke when necessary.

Also in his Trust days he was instrumental in us gaining an understanding of how the club works on a day to day basis and getting us a foot in the door to start with helped too.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

41 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's because someone started a rumour and then another got jealous because he was on the board. The rest are band waggoners who except OWTB fake news into folklore. However you are right, Barry did challenge some of the desperate man tactic's of the past few years, and still does with the other two now.

The list of reasons why people dislike Barry is far too many to mention but I’ll give you a few examples:

1.) His re-election as Trust Chair (and therefore representative on the board) that was a fait accompli because no one advertised the Trust AGM, something quickly pointed by you Lags of how easy it would be to advertise.

2.) The Bury away game where he moaned at fans for arriving at 2.40 pm who were then locked out. Eerily reminiscent of the excuses peddled out by his SYP colleagues after Hillsborough. When someone questioned what he was doing as Trust Chair and an ex-copper in an attempt to help fans, some of whom had tickets but had been locked out, he ignored the question. Instead, reiterating the same excuse which had been pointed out to him as being utter nonsense.

3.) His willingness to rewrite history by claiming Playershare was his idea, it wasn’t but he was in a position to do something about it. He also gave Luke Beckett as an example, funny how we signed Luke Beckett years before Playershare was started and there was a 5 year gap between Luke Beckett and the first proper Playershare signing. Luke Beckett was (partially) funded by the Trust, but Trust doesn’t mean Playershare.

4.) The Ched Evans issue, excellently summed up by FMS here 

That’s without covering his fleece and “Gentlemen and Lady”. Or how if he wanted to reform criminals he should have remained a copper.

5.) His general attitude towards fans because of his position and his willingness to take the club’s side over the fans over such things as buying season tickets moaning about a lack of progress over the new stand etc.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Never realised he was part of an LED startup business.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2014/november/new-board-member-appointed-/

2 hours ago, singe said:

Never realised he was part of an LED startup business.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2014/november/new-board-member-appointed-/

He has an impressive CV and must be well wedged......so, as a director, what was his input...what did he actually bring to the table? and why did we have to resort to loans from the likes of Necarcu. We have had a board of directors Corney apart who have put absolutely fuck all into the club!

Only met Barry the once, at the awards do when Darren Kelly was unveiled as manager. He spent the evening telling anyone who'd listen that he thought appointing Kelly was a mistake (obviously it turned out it was, but publicly slating the bloke you've just appointed was hardly 'doing things in the right way') and demanding to know who Harry Bosch was. His daughter ended up screaming in my face calling me a 'keyboard warrior' because I disagreed with her husband (and it was him who approached us and asked for our opinion) about Ched Evans.

Call me a band waggoner if you like, but you can only take people as you find them.