Blackburn Away

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I just popped a bottle of prosecco I’m feeling crazy I may just do that

That’s a bit hardcore after yesterday, the thought of anything alcoholic right now makes me want to gipp ?

Though I suppose there is an outside chance you didn’t bother with the devils brew yesterday? Then a glass of fizz tonight is well earned, either way enjoy! 

21 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

That’s a bit hardcore after yesterday, the thought of anything alcoholic right now makes me want to gipp ?

Though I suppose there is an outside chance you didn’t bother with the devils brew yesterday? Then a glass of fizz tonight is well earned, either way enjoy! 

Didn’t go yesterday I’m on holiday in sunny, snowy wlaes

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why would someone down vote this? Some sad acts on this forum.  Following users around down voting for kicks. Get out more. Meet other human beings. 

Some sadder acts moaning about being downboated, especially when in another part of the forum there is a whole bunch of people who predicted Nazon will score. 

Predicting a striker will score isn't rocket science. 

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Some sadder acts moaning about being downboated, especially when in another part of the forum there is a whole bunch of people who predicted Nazon will score. 

Predicting a striker will score isn't rocket science. 

Wasn’t particularly about that post. This loser is following me around dowvoting regularly for no apparent reason.  But thanks for your input. 

9 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

My mate, thinking it was a shoe or something similar... decided to rise up and head the flask, smashed on his head

WTF?! Really can't get my head round that one. So let me get this right. He thought it was a shoe flying over and he thought a firm header is the way to deal with such missiles? New one on me, that.

15 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

WTF?! Really can't get my head round that one. So let me get this right. He thought it was a shoe flying over and he thought a firm header is the way to deal with such missiles? New one on me, that.

Totally agree a shoe thrown hard is not really something you stick you head to, maybe a beech ball

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Hahaha. It doesn’t read well does it.Well, we’d had about 10 pints.

Also, we have this thing between our group of if the ball comes near us from the pitch we have to head it, no messing about. 

I presume the 10 pints and the eagerness to not chicken out of heading this thing that’s he’s only seen at the last minute? ffs.

Edited by MAC0AFC

10 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I don’t get this with keepers moving one way before the ball is even kicked, only for it to render them unable to get back to the other side. Placide did exactly that yesterday. It’s a trend which you see week in week out at all levels.

Not saying you’re one - I don’t pay attention that much - but there is definitely becoming a boo boy element with Placide, trying to pin blame for every goal we concede.

At this level goalkeepers will make mistakes - Blackburn fans will probably be complaining about their keeper after both of our goals

Its well documented on here that I’ve stuck up for Placide a lot. The past two weeks tho I’ve had to call him out for punching one into his goal and as you’ve rightly commented, getting stuck by motioning one way rendering himself buggered to go the other way. He makes up for it a bit with a great save later on but that FK set the ball rolling for he Alamo. 2pts lost or 1pt gained by him? Not sure. 

He strikes me as the sort that if its instinct, he’s great. If he has to take a second to think, he’s found wanting. I certainly don’t agree with this strapline (and Richie hasn’t helped with his comments) that a team shoots and they score. It’s often come down to the defence going awol and a close range shot he’s facing that’s costing us. He’s got sold a shitter many a time. From long range, not many go in. Has to better than that FK yesterday tho. And rely more on his instinct that guessing where the shot is going before the things even been hit. 

50 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Tough when facing the Alamo at the back.

I think we invited the Alamo towards the end, 1 not very mobile forward with no support means they have 6 in midfield and start their moves from inside our half. Would have done better with Rope chasing balls over the top.

42 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think we invited the Alamo towards the end, 1 not very mobile forward with no support means they have 6 in midfield and start their moves from inside our half. Would have done better with Rope chasing balls over the top.

He could have tied there defence in knots.

Placides form seemed to dip after he lost his mother he was shit hot before then, his distribution and shot stopping was superb and if I remember he kept us in a few games, not saying it’s his excuse but not helped by the fact the whole team went on a bad run, He used to catch most of the shots that he faced now he seems to be parrying a lot of them into dangerous areas, I’m sure he will get back to his best again he is a very good keeper at this level.

13 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Placides form seemed to dip after he lost his mother he was shit hot before then, his distribution and shot stopping was superb and if I remember he kept us in a few games, not saying it’s his excuse but not helped by the fact the whole team went on a bad run, He used to catch most of the shots that he faced now he seems to be parrying a lot of them into dangerous areas, I’m sure he will get back to his best again he is a very good keeper at this level.

Never thought to make that connection

His distribution is top notch as always but ever since our form has taken a dip he's been wrong footed and rooted to the spot for far too many goals