Blackburn Away

2 hours ago, eyres_28 said:

Paying customers who have probably been supporting the club for 50+ years you mean? Complete knobheads them lot. Shove ‘em all at the front.

Never helps when the club insist they have to sell tickets in a particular order, which is blatantly not true. 

10 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Not a hope in hell it’ll be anywhere close to 3k

Usual rule of thumb used to be double the pre-sale tickets. We out did that by roughly 30% when we played Bury with 300+ locked out. But think with the price increase we probably won't double it, but it will be close. 

We had sold 1500 tickets yesterday. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Usual rule of thumb used to be double the pre-sale tickets. We out did that by roughly 30% when we played Bury with 300+ locked out. But think with the price increase we probably won't double it, but it will be close. 

We had sold 1500 tickets yesterday. 

Just cannot see us selling close to another 1500 tickets between this morning and on Saturday. Probably get a better indication on Friday when pre-sale finishes. There won’t be 1000 POTD, of that I’m convinced.

13 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Just cannot see us selling close to another 1500 tickets between this morning and on Saturday. Probably get a better indication on Friday when pre-sale finishes. There won’t be 1000 POTD, of that I’m convinced.

Maybe, with the Rochdale game now being re-arranged (to probably a Tuesday) more will jump on this game!?

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

To be honest, I think the vast majority were choosing this game over the Rochdale game in the first place...

I agree, most of my mates who don’t go for various reasons anymore, kids, work etc, are off to Blackburn, whereas the last few seasons it was always Rochdale away they’d be at.

think we’ll take 2500, of which I reckon a good thousand regularly don’t go to home games. Think we’ll take under 2k to Rochdale this, especially its now a Tuesday.

10 hours ago, Lincoln Blue said:

Blackburn was my first ever away game at the backend of the 72-73 season.  I think it was a draw?

I seem to recall it was 1-1 and Alan McNeil scored a belter from long distance but I may be wrong?

10 minutes ago, owdumer said:

We won 1-0 when McNeill scored from just over the half way line. Harry Dowd taken off with broken fingers after colliding with the post,Keith Bebbington took over in goal.

Yep.....your  memory is better than mine.Great goal though wasn't it.

Let's hope we can win again on Saturday.I ll   be there