Blackburn Away

On 01/02/2018 at 12:53 PM, Dick_Valentine said:

I’ve never seen us get anything there either, having 2nd & 3rd thoughts about this one. Probably be there in the fernhurst though after much soul searching. 

Just asking this out of curiosity....but does the potential outcome of a game dictate as to whether you would go and watch it?

Hoping this is another one of those Leeds away days we enjoyed about 10yrs ago.

Keep with two up top? 

It’s a must for me. 

I think if we play with one up front, and sit in we’re in trouble. Oddly though, when we were doing well early doors RW kept saying he didn’t like two up top but Doyle and Davies form meant he had to. We then went one up front, and started struggling. 

I hope he he sticks to what wins him games. 

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just asking this out of curiosity....but does the potential outcome of a game dictate as to whether you would go and watch it?

I wouldn’t support Oldham if that was the case. I usually go to matches on my own these days due largely to a lack of interest from those I used to go with. So sometimes the effort involved in going and one or two other factors sometimes outweigh the desire to attend. I’ll be there on Saturday. 

I used to know someone who worked at Blackburn and got us cheap tickets. Went vs Newcastle one year. Got us pitch side before the game and I was lucky enough to get Bobby Robson's autograph. If I remember rightly, Blackburn used to have a drummer and used to create a brilliant atmosphere. Can't imagine what it's like now though. Hopefully we'll get 2k+ there. 

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Don't know if this was aimed at just the poster or open for anyone to answer, but.... :grin:

Blackburn on Saturday - no. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Along with City, Leeds and, to a lesser extent, United - this was one of THE big games when I first started going properly. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure it was my first away game on the train with my mates (rather than on Barlows or with my dad) aged 14 in 89/90.

In the unlikely event we're still in the same league 2 or 3 years from now I'd still be very likely to be there regardless, but, if things were particularly shit and/or I had something else on I might not be... 

I tend to go to more away games when we're decent or half decent than I do when we're absolute dogshit. 

I also like to always get a London away in, or two, for the day out regardless of how well or badly we're playing. 

I've never done a full season and probably never will (or want to). Closest I ever came was missing 5 aways in 90/91. 

I reckon the year we finally get promoted, or close, will be the one where I notch my biggest away game tally since the good old days though....

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Really? 

I don't think there would have been had it still been next Saturday, never mind on whichever Tuesday night it's rearranged for. 

If it’s a “must win” game or where we can clinch safety and it’ll be chocker with Latics 

22 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Really? 

I don't think there would have been had it still been next Saturday, never mind on whichever Tuesday night it's rearranged for. 

TBF I agree with him. If the Dale match was a Saturday there’d be 2500 Latics there. I don’t think we will take that to Ewood this coming Saturday.

Edited by sjk2008

38 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've never done a full season and probably never will (or want to). Closest I ever came was missing 5 aways in 90/91. 

Which 5? Bet West Ham was one of em....?

I didn't make the Ipswich [promotion] game that season.... I was 14 and not allowed that far on my own. Still haunts me now. I made it to 7 away games.

Wolves 3-2

Barnsley 1-0

Hull 2-2

Sheff W 2-2

West Ham [Boxing Day, noon KO] 0-2

B@stard 0-2

Newcastle 2-3

Edited by lookersstandandy

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Which 5? Bet West Ham was one of em....?

I didn't make the Ipswich [promotion] game that season.... I was 14 and not allowed that far on my own. Still haunts me now. I made it to 7 away games and remarkably l only saw 1 win.

Wolves 3-2

Barnsley 1-0

Hull 2-2

Sheff W 2-2

West Ham [Boxing Day, noon KO] 0-2

B@stard 0-2

Newcastle 2-3

No, I was at West Ham (Boxing Day?) and back for Millwall a few days later. 

Portsmouth (still never been)

Brighton (still never been)

Leicester

Newcastle

Charlton

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I reckon there will be more Latics fans at Rochdale than at Blackburn ?

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Really? 

37 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

If it’s a “must win” game or where we can clinch safety and it’ll be chocker with Latics 

35 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yea that's true. Especially if it's later on in the season and warm. Otherwise I reckon there'll be far more at Blackburn..  

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/february/08022018-rochdale-clash-rearranged/

Tuesday 17th April.

OK then, might be more at Rochdale :lol:

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/february/08022018-rochdale-clash-rearranged/

Tuesday 17th April.

OK then, might be more at Rochdale :lol:

According to the fishul, coach still departs at 13:00... Could be a  decent session pre game ?

Edited by TheBigDog