Wellens

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

I stand by my opinion and would love to be proved wrong. But 1 win doesn’t paper over the cracks. If we survive with wellens in charge he deserves another try next season, but another run of defeats and I want him gone. Hope he proves me wrong.

I believe he will do that.I know one win does not mean a lot and it will take a massive team effort to get away from the bottom four .The fans chanted his name

throughout the match.I know that early goal helped the atmosphere but the fans have done the same all season.

He seems to say things which at times should be said behind closed doors but I guess that is the type of person he is.

On Saturday the players really got at Bradford from the start and I'm glad he is playing with two up front.

We have the makings of a half decent team to which Eoin will soon be back to help .I hope he can start where he lift off but he may not be as prolific.Any opposite g side will dread him and he will still bag a few.

Also we have played  most of the top teams .Lots of  6 pointers coming up to add excitement for the rest of the season.

Remember we were at rock bottom when he took over and he got us back on track and will do so again.

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

I stand by my opinion and would love to be proved wrong. But 1 win doesn’t paper over the cracks. If we survive with wellens in charge he deserves another try next season, but another run of defeats and I want him gone. Hope he proves me wrong.

Nothing like giving the bloke your support eh??

2 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

No surely not. We need to keep wellens he is going to be good new takeover he is good friends with Abdullah now and knows the club is hopefully only going up and to progress now . I'd get shez back as number 2 if he would come.

Ah yes, and Ruddy as keeper. All together now..."those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end..."

EDIT: I'm joking everyone!

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

50 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He won’t leave, he will show faith in this club 

He's probably well aware he is another bad run away from the chop, if the rumblings from Bradford turn out to be true I would expect him to be gone in a shot. Would also give AL his excuse to bring in his own man.

Edited by yarddog73

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's probably well aware he is another bad run away from the chop, if the rumblings from Bradford turn out to be true I would expect him to be gone in a shot. Would also give AL his excuse to bring in his own man.

He also has a group of player who have shown loyalty to him by coming back to us, I would fully expect him to show that loyalty back. AL bring in his own man, it’s very well know that AL was part of the appoint process for Wellens. Also, why would Bradford want him ? He’s done nothing for us so far, glimpses of a good manager in places but very much still learning and he knows that. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the link came from Wellens himself. Not a happy camper at the moment...

He needs to realise that he has one of only 92 such jobs available and get on with it then.   Can't see that he has done anything yet that will guarantee him getting another one.

Edited by Dave_Og