Wellens

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? Proof of what????? 

Im giving an opinion. On a forum. 

Why do you and others dismiss people as negative when they challenge your point? Isn’t that point of a forum? To reply it’s proof of negativity is wrong and lazy. 

I take it from your post, your loving listening to him go on about how hard the job is?  A job he craved for three months ago.

I on the other hand would like some POSITIVITY from him, get the players, fans to come together for the mess we’re in. 

So you ignored the fact he asked the fans to create an atmosphere because we always win when the atmosphere is good. Hes been asking for it for weeks

You're ignoring what he's been saying for weeks which is full of positives every week (this board is always full of posters saying he's talking bollocks when he does that by the way) to fixate on body language after a bad day at the office.

When I listen to him I enjoy his interviews. I think he speaks honestly and from the heart. Maybe too much at times. I don't look for hidden messages or for conspiracys. 

As for the fans coming together is this the same fans that booed Banks on to the pitch or those that blamed 1 up front for shit defending after 10 minutes last week? 

I dismiss you as negative because you are ignoring what's been said in favour of how he looms. It's that simple 

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

So you ignored the fact he asked the fans to create an atmosphere because we always win when the atmosphere is good. Hes been asking for it for weeks

You're ignoring what he's been saying for weeks which is full of positives every week (this board is always full of posters saying he's talking bollocks when he does that by the way) to fixate on body language after a bad day at the office.

When I listen to him I enjoy his interviews. I think he speaks honestly and from the heart. Maybe too much at times. I don't look for hidden messages or for conspiracys. 

As for the fans coming together is this the same fans that booed Banks on to the pitch or those that blamed 1 up front for shit defending after 10 minutes last week? 

I dismiss you as negative because you are ignoring what's been said in favour of how he looms. It's that simpl

Do honestly think he’s coming across well recently? Especially the last month or so. 

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do honestly think he’s coming across well recently? Especially the last month or so. 

I think he comes across as frustrated!

He's at  club that couldnt do business for 3 weeks of a 4 transfer window! Which couldnt register players when they'd signed. He has a goal keeper who doesn't stop shots, a defence that makes individual errors constantly and has been criticised for playing one up front despite all other options being not able to play 90 minutes more than once a week. A team that creates a tonne of chances most games but misses the target and then drop points to sides that hit the target once ot twice and always score.

I think if you are aware and don't ignore all the attributing factors including his fucking assistant quitting and the training ground being flooded this last month plus he's come across unbelievably well!

Or you could ignore all that and look at, ignore his actual words and the facts and try to read his body language instead. ?

Edit; please dont tell me he knew what he was letting himself in for when he took the job because I'm sick of hearing it & and it's bollocks!

Edited by palmer1

has been criticised for playing one up front despite all other options being not able to play 90 minutes more than once a week

Not strictly true - Holloway, Duffus, Obadeyi, Davies any two from four would work even if we are playing twice a week wouldn’t it? 

And now add Nazon to the mix.

That apart, I tend to agree that he seems frustrated in the main. Two up front tomorrow ?

9 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

He's at  club that couldnt do business for 3 weeks of a 4 transfer window! Which couldnt register players when they'd signed. He has a goal keeper who doesn't stop shots, a defence that makes individual errors constantly and has been criticised for playing one up front despite all other options being not able to play 90 minutes more than once a week. A team that creates a tonne of chances most games but misses the target and then drop points to sides that hit the target once ot twice and always score.

I think if you are aware and don't ignore all the attributing factors including his fucking assistant quitting and the training ground being flooded this last month plus he's come across unbelievably well!

Or you could ignore all that and look at, ignore his actual words and the facts and try to read his body language instead. ?

Edit; please dont tell me he knew what he was letting himself in for when he took the job because I'm sick of hearing it & and it's bollocks!

You're right and maybe we are reading too much into his demeanour.

But it is his job to rally the troops in spite of all the things going against him and the team.

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not strictly true - Holloway, Duffus, Obadeyi, Davies any two from four would work even if we are playing twice a week wouldn’t it? 

And now add Nazon to the mix.

That apart, I tend to agree that he seems frustrated in the main. Two up front tomorrow ?

Nazon only arrived last week though. Duffus has been inured nearly all season and he's mentioned Holloway is the main player who can only play one 90 a week. Tope is fair enough but general consensus is he's ain't good enough anyway ?

You can always play 2 up top but sometimes it would be square pegs round holes which we know is another issue with fans.

Very aggressive. You ok? Or just frustrated? ?

Whose said anything about body language? You’ve mentioned it twice now. . . Who’s fixated??

Your long sympathy list, is called managing a skint football club. The way your talking the job is absolutely impossible, no one could do it. . . but against all the odds he’s still here!

He’s very lucky to be in the job!

Why is him knowing the situation when he took the job bollocks? Is it because it’s true?? Or is it because the goalposts are allowed to shift to suit your point of view? Not unlike our manager at the minute. 

He needs to stop whinging about every facet of the club, and get a win. 

Its that simple. ??

44 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

He’s had a window he’s brought it 6 players, if the keeper isn’t up to scratch play the one he signed. It’s his job to coach the defence to stop errors, he brought Bryan back if he’s not up to it why bring him back. He didn’t bring mills in he should have had a few lined up. If the players can’t play more than 90 in a week he needs to sort the training out. The buck stops with wingy  wellens, it’s his job to win games, his job to stop the rot, his job to keep us up. If he can’t then he needs to go.

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Not a guess if you watch and listen to his press conference.

He said that we could have got Matt Mills if we’d offered him an extra year. This is a player that Barnsley clearly rate but we wouldn’t do the necessary to get him.

He also said that we could have got Devante Cole if we’d been more aggressive. Obviously what that means is open to debate but I saw it as a thinly veiled dig at the hierarchy and moneymen at Boundary Park.

Both players went to clubs higher up than us. In one way it’s good that we was in for them but obviously frustrating that we couldn’t have gone a bit further particularly with our precarious League position.

Speculate to accumulate and all that .......

You say its not a guess and then you say it is a guess ("obviously what that means is open to debate") 

Maybe RW didn't want to offer him another year either, maybe the player just wanted to join Barnsley... he thinks we could have got Cole if we had been more aggressive, or perhaps it wouldn't have mattered because maybe Cole wanted to play for a more successful club?

Its a guess.

You saw it as a dig because you want to see it as a dig.  If he actually having a dig at the hierarchy already he may as well leave now, because that will turn into excuses and he will fail because he is giving himself an excuse to fail.

I think he is pissed off he didn't get them, I understand that completely, but he should now get back on it and knuckle down.  If he doesn't then he isn't managerial material anyway.

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You say its not a guess and then you say it is a guess ("obviously what that means is open to debate") 

Maybe RW didn't want to offer him another year either, maybe the player just wanted to join Barnsley... he thinks we could have got Cole if we had been more aggressive, or perhaps it wouldn't have mattered because maybe Cole wanted to play for a more successful club?

Its a guess.

You saw it as a dig because you want to see it as a dig.  If he actually having a dig at the hierarchy already he may as well leave now, because that will turn into excuses and he will fail because he is giving himself an excuse to fail.

I think he is pissed off he didn't get them, I understand that completely, but he should now get back on it and knuckle down.  If he doesn't then he isn't managerial material anyway.

Nobody is saying that he isn’t knocking down and getting on with it. Now you’re guessing!!

What I took from the interview was that he was indeed pissed off at missing out on the two players that he really wanted, and I got the distinct impression that it wasn’t down to him but down to others at the club.

Only my opinion.

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Whose said anything about body language? You’ve mentioned it twice now. . . Who’s fixated??

Your long sympathy list, is called managing a skint football club. The way your talking the job is absolutely impossible, no one could do it. . . but against all the odds he’s still here!

Why is him knowing the situation when he took the job bollocks? Is it because it’s true?? Or is it because the goalposts are allowed to shift to suit your point of view? Not unlike our manager at the minute. 

Its that simple. ??

Changed the goal post!? 

You're not even looking at them! 

You asked me a direct question which I replied to again your are ignoring it all. Like many Oldham fans it seems you've made you mind up & that won't change.

Sack another manager like the last 10. Let's see how it works out this time … repeat.

16 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Nobody is saying that he isn’t knocking down and getting on with it. Now you’re guessing!!

What I took from the interview was that he was indeed pissed off at missing out on the two players that he really wanted, and I got the distinct impression that it wasn’t down to him but down to others at the club.

Only my opinion.

I'm not saying he isn't knuckling down and getting on with it. I don't say that.  I say I want him to, perhaps he already has and the interview was too soon after the window closed and he was a bit raw.  We shall see.  I want him to do well, he wont if he continues in his current (apparent) mind set.  

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Its that simple. ??

Placide has punched direct  shots back to the opposition too many times.

Surely our goalkeeping coach is aware of this and told him catch the thing?

Edited by BP1960

Might I respectfully suggest the points are being missed:

1.  When Abdallah says he has the final say it is just the same as when your spouse or partner says you have the final say.

2.  Wellens has already said the squad is too big. He knows he hasn’t signed the player we desperately need, centre back, and he will probably lose his job as a result.  15 of this squad will not put their foot on the pitch this year and his targets failed through a lack of cash. Stupid is as stupid does. 

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Changed the goal post!? 

You're not even looking at them! 

You asked me a direct question which I replied to again your are ignoring it all. Like many Oldham fans it seems you've made you mind up & that won't change.

Sack another manager like the last 10. Let's see how it works out this time … repeat.

I’m not getting into where the goalposts are, or who’s got them. ?

I don’t want him sacked. . Yet. I would genuinely love him to turn it around. He’s got a lot of good qualities. I’d just like him to stop being his own worst enemy. I agree the ever revolving door is no good, but results dictate unfortunately. 

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Placide has punched direct  shots back to the opposition too many times.

Surely our goalkeeping coach is aware of this and told him catch the thing?

You’d like to think so BP. 

Im not sure wether that’s part of his ‘flamboyancy’? 

50 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Might I respectfully suggest the points are being missed:

1.  When Abdallah says he has the final say it is just the same as when your spouse or partner says you have the final say.

2.  Wellens has already said the squad is too big. He knows he hasn’t signed the player we desperately need, centre back, and he will probably lose his job as a result.  15 of this squad will not put their foot on the pitch this year and his targets failed through a lack of cash. Stupid is as stupid does. 

Point 1 .  . ?