Wellens

On 02/02/2018 at 1:26 PM, palmer1 said:

Nazon only arrived last week though. Duffus has been inured nearly all season and he's mentioned Holloway is the main player who can only play one 90 a week. Tope is fair enough but general consensus is he's ain't good enough anyway ?

You can always play 2 up top but sometimes it would be square pegs round holes which we know is another issue with fans.

Tell you what, its good to read your posts on here Palmer. You speak a lot of sense. Which is rare on this board.. don’t always agree (in this instance I do) but analyse everything and speak about it properly at the very minimum. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think getting rid of RW is going to achieve anything. We need stability which we haven't had for a very long time. As someone mentioned, the appoint, sack,repeat cycle is the real killer here. 

I acknowledge that Kelly wasn't good enough and Dunn was nowhere near ready but we seem as a club to be getting trigger happy. In RW we have a young manager with bags of experiences as a player at different clubs and some experience shadowing Shez as a coach for a good spell. He knows how this club works.

We need to invest time in Richie as we did with Lee Johnson. All the foundations are there, we need to be patient. 

If we do sack him it brings us back to square one, who do we bring in/ who would want the job? I guarantee it will be another rookie and the cycle repeats. Let's stick with the one we already have, the one that actually knows what's going on. 

21 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

I don't think getting rid of RW is going to achieve anything. We need stability which we haven't had for a very long time. As someone mentioned, the appoint, sack,repeat cycle is the real killer here. 

I acknowledge that Kelly wasn't good enough and Dunn was nowhere near ready but we seem as a club to be getting trigger happy. In RW we have a young manager with bags of experiences as a player at different clubs and some experience shadowing Shez as a coach for a good spell. He knows how this club works.

We need to invest time in Richie as we did with Lee Johnson. All the foundations are there, we need to be patient. 

If we do sack him it brings us back to square one, who do we bring in/ who would want the job? I guarantee it will be another rookie and the cycle repeats. Let's stick with the one we already have, the one that actually knows what's going on. 

Why would it be a rookie there would be 100s Of applications

45 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

Spot on! Stability is what’s required. He’s a young manager finding his feet. Give him a proper chance for gods sake!!

Im sick of the negative people - so called supporters - on here. And before any of you respond by saying you’re being realistic, NO you’re being negative.

Some of them aren’t happy unless they are moaning!!

Get behind the manager, get behind the team and hopefully we can move forward with a bright young manager.

Next season he needs an experienced assistant, someone who isn’t going to pack it in after 2 minutes. He can get in some decent new recruits and mould his team to the way he wants it.

At the moment he’s learning as he goes along. Give him a chance!!!

Edited by Gary1906
Typo

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

Spot on! Stability is what’s required. He’s a young manager finding his feet. Give him a proper chance for gods sake!!

Im sick of the negative people - so called supporters - on here. And before any of you respond by saying you’re being realistic, NO you’re being negative.

Some of them aren’t happy unless they are moaning!!

Get behind the manager, get behind the team and hopefully we can move forward with a bright young manager.

Next season he needs an experienced assistant, someone who isn’t going to pack it in after 2 minutes. He can get in some decent new recruits and mound his team to the way he wants it.

At the moment he’s learning as he goes along. Give him a chance!!!

So... it seems to me that your post demonstrates the same characteristics that you are decrying. Namely that an alternative view is not allowed - and to emphasise that point let’s stick ‘NO’ in capitals. And let’s further weight the argument by not even welcoming a response (‘before any of you respond...’)

if you don’t agree with someone’s opinion then you have the option to put your view across. Maybe some are just calling it as they see it? Whether or not their opinion coincides with yours.

For what it’s worth, I believe Richie deserves more time to turn it around but I also recognise that if we continue to lose games and are relegated then maybe his position should be under review.

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So... it seems to me that your post demonstrates the same characteristics that you are decrying. Namely that an alternative view is not allowed - and to emphasise that point let’s stick ‘NO’ in capitals. And let’s further weight the argument by not even welcoming a response (‘before any of you respond...’)

if you don’t agree with someone’s opinion then you have the option to put your view across. Maybe some are just calling it as they see it? Whether or not their opinion coincides with yours.

For what it’s worth, I believe Richie deserves more time to turn it around but I also recognise that if we continue to lose games and are relegated then maybe his position should be under review.

I stick by my opinion that some people on here aren’t happy unless they’re moaning. 

It’s boring in its predictability. Yawn 

Edited by Gary1906
Added content.

6 points out of 30 3 weeks ago I was firmly behind him. I was starting to waver but yesterday he showed he finally has a plan B now he needs to stop whining and continue to show the togetherness* we demonstrated yesterday. Anything next week is a bonus but after that I want to see a run against struggling and middling opposition. 

*except McLaughlin who couldn’t wait to get off the field. 

1 minute ago, oafcprozac said:

6 points out of 30 3 weeks ago I was firmly behind him. I was starting to waver but yesterday he showed he finally has a plan B now he needs to stop whining and continue to show the togetherness* we demonstrated yesterday. Anything next week is a bonus but after that I want to see a run against struggling and middling opposition. 

I noticed McLaughlin's speedy exit too - hopefully he was just desperate for a pee! And not sulking..

Don’t really see the point of analysing Placide every game. He’s the keeper til the summer no matter what happens. I’ll take Wellens referring to Zeus as a “very good training ground keeper” as him not planning to play him any time soon. 

He could be better, he could be worse. 

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I’m of a very similar opinion.

Really liked Wellens from the very start - speaks very well in the media, seems to be a real “student” of the game with his assessments of games and goals much more detailed than the “we conceded a sloppy goal” type blandness spouted by many.

He seems to understand the club and what could make a small team successful ie playing the type of football that is enjoyable to play and will get talent noticed.  We might always be a stepping stone club, but his approach to have some good players for a while at least.

But the run from the 23rd December was becoming harder and harder to excuse.  Performances were deteriorating too - and it was starting to look like despite promising ability he might not have enough to keep us up.

The press conference this week almost nailed it for me.  I was starting to think that another defeat and we might to get rid.

Yeaterday’s result and at times the performance, plus a good honest post game interview has convinced me I was wrong to start to doubt and he is the man to keep us up and take us forward next season.

And then there was the tweet to Gerrard.  Class.

6 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Pretty much where I am.

I absolutely was not a Wellens Outer, and want him to succeeed, but alarm bells were ringing, could he be another Dunn or Kelly?

But definitely very positive response yesterday, albeit a very poor Bradford side. 2 or 3 more wins like that against slight more in form forms and this will be seen as a temporary blip.

I expect it was similar from RW, judging his emotional reaction yesterday.

I see Nixon is suggesting AL is already looking at firing Wellens.

I'm hoping the team string a few wins together now and get us safe so that Wellens has this summer and a but if budget to revolutionise the team ahead of next season.  

Edited by Midsblue

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

I see Nixon is suggesting AL is already looking at firing Wellens.

I'm hoping the team string a few wins together now and get us safe so that Wellens has this summer and a but if budget to revolutionise the team ahead of next season.  

All those Wellens outers will then be really chuffed with themselves, although probably having a good winge about the new appointment within weeks.