The Pitch

Lot of criticism of our pitch lately but my Dale fan mate has sent me this shot of theirs before their FA cup game tomorrow night.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmrflx36izno841/Photo 05-02-2018%2C 17 07 38.jpg?dl=0

Says the image is too large to insert straight to the post so had to do it via Dropbox. Don’t know if anyone can help get it straight on to the post?

52 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Lot of criticism of our pitch lately but my Dale fan mate has sent me this shot of theirs before their FA cup game tomorrow night.

Says the image is too large to insert straight to the post so had to do it via Dropbox. Don’t know if anyone can help get it straight on to the post?

That’s shocking, makes our potato patch look like a bowling green.

Maybe the Hornets playing on it last season have had an effect on it, plus they played the Roughyeads on it a couple of weeks ago. It was re-laid last season reportedly at a cost of about £100,000 but they had problems of it not "bedding in" well. With the rugby season just starting it impinges on the spring growing season so that grass is being trampled just at the time it should be sprouting.*

*My expertise is gleaned solely from watching Gardeners World.

3 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Now that is at lot worse than BP!

2 minutes ago, peanuts said:

wait a minute arent they the super duper well run club that are light years a head of us with oodles of cash to burn that we should look upto  so why dont they re lay the pitch again ?

Simply incredible paying £100k for a new pitch for it to get like that 12 months down the line!

Bet their owners are sick to the stomach!

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

Simply incredible paying £100k for a new pitch for it to get like that 12 months down the line!

Bet their owners are sick to the stomach!

Lay a new pitch on top of sand in January.... what else is going to happen?  Idiots. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

The more you see stuff like this the more you would think they should allow clubs certainly in leagues 1 and 2 to have 3G synthetic pitches.

I’m sure if pitches start to become unplayable like this one certainly does, it won’t be long!

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

I’m sure if pitches start to become unplayable like this one certainly does, it won’t be long!

It makes sense certainly to clubs like us and Rochdale apart from being able to play better football it will lead to less postponements too I can see why it wouldnt get introduced in the PL they can afford millions on maintaining top class pitches but clubs like us will always struggle.

8 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

It is by a long stretch the worst pitch I’ve seen in professional football. 

That includes Bradford’s a few years back!

Crawley had a shocker a few seasons ago and Newports pitch is another consistently bad one, saying that our is well past its sell by date.