The Pitch

Just now, Wardie said:

Looks ok through glass and from a safe distance but I presume if that is not bedded-in to the soil underneath, it could be like playing on a rug.

Without knowing a single thing about laying turf, I imagine it will be very much like the Wembley pitch when first laid. Huge chunk ripping up as it wasn’t bedded.

Be hilarious if it does anyway.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Dale have pandered to media and Premier League pressure.

Probably cost them any chance of an upset in the cup..

You would imagine they have been given a sweetner to keep them happy. Im sure the FA could find the money from somewhere.

Edited by GlossopLatic

58 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Without knowing a single thing about laying turf, I imagine it will be very much like the Wembley pitch when first laid. Huge chunk ripping up as it wasn’t bedded.

Be hilarious if it does anyway.

I thought that when Wigan relaid theirs just before we played them a couple of years ago. It was fine somehow. 

27 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I thought that when Wigan relaid theirs just before we played them a couple of years ago. It was fine somehow. 

Thats true! Suppose like most things - if good staff are given the right tools they can probably do a good job.

Don’t suppose in your meeting with AL, he mentioned or hinted at having plans to relay our surface in the summer did he?

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

Thats true! Suppose like most things - if good staff are given the right tools they can probably do a good job.

Don’t suppose in your meeting with AL, he mentioned or hinted at having plans to relay our surface in the summer did he?

It didn’t come up in the short time we had. I hope it’s obvious what’s needed though. 

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

I heard from someone in the know that he was planning to spend on the pitch and the training pitches - also saw him in the gym today where the players were working with John Harbin.

Suppose alot depends on which division we are playing in next season.