The Pitch

Said it numerous times on this forum, that if AL is looking at Carrington (assuming we're not sharing them with Bury/can afford to outbid them) there's more to the package than simply using it for training .... 

for instance, I'm led to believe that whoever leases it can 'sub rent' it out to teams playing our local Premier League clubs which would include European teams playing in the Champions League etc to bump up income to the club!

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that Little Wembley's days are numbered as phase 3 of the new houses will be built on it ... but I've no idea how good the facilities are at Chapel Road?

That said, and this would be my preference for so many reasons  ..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/862773/EFL-League-One-League-Two-Artificial-Pitches/amp

We could be going to a more equal system  (pitch wise) .. 

Who knows what the end of the season brings ..

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Of course it does but I like to believe the results would come on a decent pitch, too.
We most probably will not find out this season.
Hopefully the pitch will get re-laid come the summer.

I didn’t say it shouldn’t, it definitely should. It’s just that there’s no point doing an expensive botch job on it until the end of the season when we’re actually winning on it. That’s what my original comment was in response to. 

45 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I didn’t say it shouldn’t, it definitely should. It’s just that there’s no point doing an expensive botch job on it until the end of the season when we’re actually winning on it. That’s what my original comment was in response to. 

Hopefully it won't be an expensive botch job at the end of the season. :D 

1 hour ago, thetramfixer said:

Said it numerous times on this forum, that if AL is looking at Carrington (assuming we're not sharing them with Bury/can afford to outbid them) there's more to the package than simply using it for training .... 

for instance, I'm led to believe that whoever leases it can 'sub rent' it out to teams playing our local Premier League clubs which would include European teams playing in the Champions League etc to bump up income to the club!

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that Little Wembley's days are numbered as phase 3 of the new houses will be built on it ... but I've no idea how good the facilities are at Chapel Road?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/862773/EFL-League-One-League-Two-Artificial-Pitches/amp

Were I work, we have a full-size 3G football pitch which is used practically every day of the week...training, school games, Sunday league etc...throughout the season. It is used for other sports during the summer. It has been in situ for six years and looks immaculate, come rain or shine.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Were I work, we have a full-size 3G football pitch which is used practically every day of the week...training, school games, Sunday league etc...throughout the season. It is used for other sports during the summer. It has been in situ for six years and looks immaculate, come rain or shine.

It would be such a revenue stream, and would also be used for training I would have thought!

10 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

It would be such a revenue stream, and would also be used for training I would have thought!

Why didn't Corney think of this? We could have started a fans' fund to help pay for it. Or would we have woken up one day to find the money gone and a new Chadderton Power League opened up?

6 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Why didn't Corney think of this? We could have started a fans' fund to help pay for it. Or would we have woken up one day to find the money gone and a new Chadderton Power League opened up?

Corney may have thought about a 3G pitch, but it's not allowed. 

If the rules change for L1 and 2 and we put one down, then get promoted, we will have to rip it up again for the Championship unless the rules allow it their as well.  

24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Corney may have thought about a 3G pitch, but it's not allowed. 

If the rules change for L1 and 2 and we put one down, then get promoted, we will have to rip it up again for the Championship unless the rules allow it their as well.  

Strange they allow them in World Cup and European qualifiers, but not in the EFL.

13 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Training wise the Roughyeds have a new artificial pitch this season. Why can't we train on there? 

The Whitebank stadium now has a 3G pitch for rugby and footie.

I suppose Latics could train there when Chapel Rd and Little Wembley are waterlogged but the players complain that 3G pitches  knacker  their joints, so not good for season long training.

Edited by laticsrblue

On 17 February 2018 at 6:57 PM, thetramfixer said:

Little wembley is covered under the ACV.  This Means nothing can be changed to it without any consultation with Trust and council.

On 20/02/2018 at 7:16 AM, underdog said:

Little wembley is covered under the ACV.  This Means nothing can be changed to it without any consultation with Trust and council.

But if they consult that does not mean they have to agree to any council suggested changes to their application to build or am I reading your statement wrong?