Benteke Signs

4 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Assuming Wellens didnt want this one after his quotes about signing free agents last week?

I do think that it's always good to make as many assumptions as possible, and to have strong opinions about things on which we have no knowledge at all. Additionally, it's fun to write off players before we've seen them play (or, failing that, after one game). The guy is 22 and got into a PL squad before injury. Maybe he will do OK?*  Or perhaps we should stick with the old Latics supporters' motto that "there's no F in 'chance' ".

NB: Future performance is not guaranteed. This does not affect your statutory right to moan incessantly. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I do think that it's always good to make as many assumptions as possible, and to have strong opinions about things on which we have no knowledge at all. Additionally, it's fun to write off players before we've seen them play (or, failing that, after one game). The guy is 22 and got into a PL squad before injury. Maybe he will do OK?*  Or perhaps we should stick with the old Latics supporters' motto that "there's no F in 'chance' ".

NB: Future performance is not guaranteed. This does not affect your statutory right to moan incessantly. 

Are you feeling OK?

I hardly expressed a strong opinion either way and i'd say my assumption is fair following these comments last week...

Wellens told MEN Sport on Thursday: "Why are they out of contract? They haven't got a club for a reason. Either something is wrong in their character so the club want them out of the dressing room and pay them up, or they haven't had a club in the first place and are not good enough to get a club at this level.

JS142001343.jpgLatics boss Richie Wellens had previously dismissed the idea of signing free agents

"There are players out there who haven't got a club but do we want to get them now? Is that good planning and preparation? I think you're getting desperate if you start getting out of contact players.

"We had a Lancashire Senior Cup game against Fylde. They had two or three first team players in their team, and we had four trialists in the side and we got beat 3-1, so that speaks volumes."

17 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Are you feeling OK?

I hardly expressed a strong opinion either way and i'd say my assumption is fair following these comments last week...

Wellens told MEN Sport on Thursday: "Why are they out of contract? They haven't got a club for a reason. Either something is wrong in their character so the club want them out of the dressing room and pay them up, or they haven't had a club in the first place and are not good enough to get a club at this level.

JS142001343.jpgLatics boss Richie Wellens had previously dismissed the idea of signing free agents

"There are players out there who haven't got a club but do we want to get them now? Is that good planning and preparation? I think you're getting desperate if you start getting out of contact players.

"We had a Lancashire Senior Cup game against Fylde. They had two or three first team players in their team, and we had four trialists in the side and we got beat 3-1, so that speaks volumes."

Yes, I'm OK. Thanks for asking. Obviously I did suffer from some dizziness after the win on Saturday, but that faded over Sunday and now I'm fine. 

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He can’t be worse than his brother, his brother is utter shite. Criminal of a footballer 

His brother with over 160 premier league appearances at a goal every 2.4 games. His brother who has 12 goals in 32 games for the national side ranked 5th in the world. He’s better than him? I wager he isn’t. 

24 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

We can steal the song Villa used to sing about his brother to the tune of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight:”

We’ve got a striker a Belgium striker his name is Benteke

We’ve got a striker a Belgium striker it’s Johnny Benteke

(Hi-pitched howling chorus)

If he scores on Sat you could add

"we win away" ×100

10 minutes ago, Hands on said:

At least we signed the one who scored.

I would rather sign someone who has not made in the Premiership than in League 1.  Give the lad a chance as he could show the promise Moimbe did Saturday.

Do you really think he would have been at palace if his brother wasn’t there, that would have been the deal sweeter.