3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Back page of the Daily Mail tomorrow. 

The lad who ran on the pitch was a cunt, but back page of a major national?

If Keegan didn’t work for them it wouldn’t even be a headline. Showing his true colours once again.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bollocks. 

He won a few things, but he was shite.

Gave the penalty away

Slipped when trying to shepherd it out instead of clearing it, from which they then should have scored.

Miscontrolled a simple pass and then watched their player stroll past him, to which they should have done more with.

We, and Gerrard especially, are very lucky that their final ball was terrible tonight.

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

The lad who ran on the pitch was a cunt, but back page of a major national?

If Keegan didn’t work for them it wouldn’t even be a headline. Showing his true colours once again.

That's fucking embarrassing for a so called fan to make something out of that - cunts trick. 

38 minutes ago, singe said:

And when Hamer and Edmundson have been paired, we haven't conceded.

Good to see 2 of our youth team come through with flying colours against experienced opponents. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That's fucking embarrassing for a so called fan to make something out of that - cunts trick. 

Determined to drag the club through the gutter. I’d say I hope he’s never let back through the gates of BP but I think we’d all secretly think that was a reward

8 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

He won a few things, but he was shite.

Gave the penalty away

Slipped when trying to shepherd it out instead of clearing it, from which they then should have scored.

Miscontrolled a simple pass and then watched their player stroll past him, to which they should have done more with.

We, and Gerrard especially, are very lucky that their final ball was terrible tonight.

Obviously carrying an injury, yes he made a couple of bad errors, but can't fault his commitment. 

It's bizarre. If my job gave me the opportunity to directly/indirectly help Latics, I'd try to give them a freebie. Like all the local businesses who sponsor and help, knowing they're going to get very little back. 

But Keegan seems to do the opposite, throws Latics under the bus at every opportunity he gets. 

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Obviously carrying an injury, yes he made a couple of bad errors, but can't fault his commitment. 

First time I've seen him struggle - generally been very good all season.

Hamer looks a good prospect, Doyle needs Holloway or Davies up top with him.

PS What does Andrew need to do to get a yellow card? ?

Edited by mick26

Agree with a couple of things above - thought Gerrard was poor. 

Shite from Keegan. We all agree that this idiot should not have been on the pitch (nope, not Pringle), but to say he attacked the referee is sensationalism at its finest. Still waiting for him to do his Brassbank special anyway...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Shite from Keegan. We all agree that this idiot should not have been on the pitch (nope, not Pringle), but to say he attacked the referee is sensationalism at its finest. 

To be fair to him, Keegan only says that Gerrard prevented the ref from being attacked - he won't have had anything to do with the headline that says differently. A muppet running on to try to grab the ref in an EFL game is newsworthy although I'm surprised it's headline stuff.

2 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

To be fair to him, Keegan only says that Gerrard prevented the ref from being attacked - he won't have had anything to do with the headline that says differently. A muppet running on to try to grab the ref in an EFL game is newsworthy although I'm surprised it's headline stuff.

Keegan says he 'wrestled him to the ground', which is nonsense. You can't defend Keegan on this one, his article is like something out of The Onion. This is a more accurate report on the night's events https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/watch-fan-invades-pitch-tries-to-tackle-ref-fails-spectacularly-173495

Gerrard was poor but we have nothing on the bench to change it.

Also think these on Facebook etc saying we were gutless etc are way out of order.

The defenders especially gave their all and remember this is virtually a different back 4 to the one we had a month ago. The bottom line is that mid field especially are way off the pace and extremely poor ability wise.

When your lacking in those aspects then all you have is fight and luck.

Defensively we had those but going forward we are one of the poorest sides in the league. IF we stay up then this is the area we need to get some class in.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Guts, bottle, passion - all things that can't really be quantified but for all the faults of the squad I wouldn't accuse them of lacking those things.

Couldn’t disagree more tbh. I was thinking the exact opposite leaving the ground. After similar thoughts after the Gills match. Second to everything tonight. That to me was lack of desire. Lack of courage. Also maybe nerves too  tbf.