Very very lucky to come away with a draw tonight it was backs to the wall for 80 minutes. Dale we’re much stronger faster first to every second ball and we’re up the for the battle, no quality in the game whatsoever it was a battle and we dident turn up. Every time we had the ball we panicked and hoofed it up to Doyle which isent going to work,  Dale will be kicking themselves for not taking all 3 points. Pringle, Byrne, Mceleny, Tope are all so weak. Placide saved us an embarrassment, he was brilliant and also Hamer had a great game for a young lad. The tactics are all wrong something needs to be changed, no shots on target all game ? Their keeper probably had his easiest game of the season. Wimbledon and Northampton both away games will both be battles like tonight and we need to be better or we will go down, I just don’t think we’ve got the personnel to get us over the line, this time, at least when Shez saved us  he had every player putting in a shift and I just don’t see that with Wellens. Holloway has to start Saturday if we are going long with it, tbh I wish we had Calvin Andrew because that is what you want from your CF ! , Nazon was poor tonight nothing came off for him. Penalty was correct decision !  So tight at the bottom and I can see Dale staying up it will go down to the wire this and not confident of survival at all !

Edited by Markspark92

Poor game but happy with a point.Must do better on Sat at Wimbledon.Good save and battled but still lacking that goal.

My feet are still aching after that long walk.Great following but felt a slight lack of atmosphere tonight for them.

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Couldn’t disagree more tbh. I was thinking the exact opposite leaving the ground. After similar thoughts after the Gills match. Second to everything tonight. That to me was lack of desire. Lack of courage. Also maybe nerves too  tbf. 

As disappointing as things are, we’re not getting rolled over. We are unbeaten in 5. We hung on for what could be a precious point. That tells me, the players are putting it in. They aren’t responsible for team selection, tactics, subs. 

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Oh and big shout to Antie G tonight. We are in trouble with the FA but it may have been worse without him.

Not to mention the fact he may have picked up an injury when the invader two footed him.

Shouldn’t laugh.

Won’t knock him for taking charge and leading a defence where the other players average 20 y.o., but he was very fortunate not to be directly at fault for two goals

Thought Edmundson was motm by quite a distance. Rarely sit at pitch level and I was surprised by his size. Even more surprised that he was chosen over Gerrard to mark that Andrew twat, and he put himself about like a far more experienced defender than he is. 

Even managed to hold himself together when I thought he’d been embroiled in a battle which would get himself sent off. Although as with the nature of our managerial turnaround, he’ll end up benched again next season when somebody replaces Wellens

• Like 1

Hundreds of empty seats in our stand and the feckless Rochdale stewards let hundreds stand at the front through the first half.

I sat in third row thinking it would minimise the need to stand myself (my cancer isn't really conducive to it for long periods) so I effectively found myself unable to see the game for 45 minutes due to those in front being forced to stand.

I fully accept there will be occasions where my view will be blocked by moments of excitement, but Dale's inability to seat supporters in available seats was a f***ing disgrace.

God knows how Dale didn’t win that. We where shite.

Byrne hasn’t been great but he has that match winning ability that can come out of nowhere so I think he needs to stop being subbed, even if he’s having a stinker.

Hamer looks a talent. Edmundson i’ll admit i was never a fan and so far he is massively proving me wrong. Long may it continue.

It was clear 30 minutes in nothing was sticking upfront and we needed a Holloway up front to help things stick. Had to feel for Doyle, ran his bollocks off but when the service is that bad...there’s not much he can do. 

If Davies is fit he needs to start sat, him or AAH. Doyle needs help.

Thank god jonny saved that pen.

Thought i’d seen it all from latics fans but that lad running on to chin the ref after awarding the penalty was something else

5 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Hundreds of empty seats in our stand and the feckless Rochdale stewards let hundreds stand at the front through the first half.

I sat in third row thinking it would minimise the need to stand myself (my cancer isn't really conducive to it for long periods) so I effectively found myself unable to see the game for 45 minutes due to those in front being forced to stand.

I fully accept there will be occasions where my view will be blocked by moments of excitement, but Dale's inability to seat supporters in available seats was a f***ing disgrace.

They left a section of probably 300 seats inaccessible towards the seated end, yet let fans come in from that same end of the stand for the first 10 minutes of the match, meaning everybody walked the length of the stand across the front

Not to mention they let some twat run onto the pitch

Just now, opinions4u said:

2800 I think.

Mmmmm. Sexy that. ?. And apologies O4u, I was one of the hundreds that was stood blocking your view until they opened the seats at the end for the second half. I know people moan about allocated seating. But imo it was needed last night. I genuinely could not find a seat. Piss poor organisation last night.  

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Mmmmm. Sexy that. ?. And apologies O4u, I was one of the hundreds that was stood blocking your view until they opened the seats at the end for the second half. I know people moan about allocated seating. But imo it was needed last night. I genuinely could not find a seat. Piss poor organisation last night.  

I don't blame the fans.  If there's nowhere to go WTF are they meant to do?

Poor planning.  Poor stewarding.

14 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I don't blame the fans.  If there's nowhere to go WTF are they meant to do?

Poor planning.  Poor stewarding.

There were loads of empty seats above halfway in the stand.

Btw lucky to get a draw-said it for ages; we have a shite midfield, excepting Gardner

Edited by ChaddySmoker

39 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Got a good seat easy 45mins before kick off in the Wilbutts Lane stand..there were some latecomers who stood on the steps, but when I asked them politely to move they did.

I agree the stewarding was poor and more could have been done to find seats for everyone. 

As for the performance it was like rabbits in headlights, best of the bunch being 

Placide, Hamer, Edmundson and Gardner. 

Edited by BP1960

37 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

There were plenty of seats behind me and I was 3 rows from the top.  You could have come and sat up there, but on second thoughts maybe not.?

32 minutes ago, disjointed said:

There were plenty of seats behind me and I was 3 rows from the top.  You could have come and sat up there, but on second thoughts maybe not.?

When most are standing the empty seats are invisible from our vantage point. Trust me I would have loved one of them ?. The stewards and/or police should have directed us to them. I’m not one for steward bashing usually but what was they actually there for ? They did nothing. Including letting some empty head nugget twat within inches of the referee. ‘‘Twas a joke last night. I’m usually in the ground early to get a good seat. But had to rush from work to get there just for 19:40 btw. 

Loads of seats at the end towards the terrace, the coppers even went up and down the aisle counting the empty seats. 

The message didn't get passed on though. 

Was less than impressed with the organisation last night, only a couple of turnstiles open, loads of empty seats but people standing in the aisles and down the front. It's like GMP didn't learn anything from their SYP colleagues. 

Whilst we will get blamed for that "Fan" GMP and Rochdale should receive their fair share of the blame too, but they won't. 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

When most are standing the empty seats are invisible from our vantage point. Trust me I would have loved one of them ?. The stewards and/or police should have directed us to them. I’m not one for steward bashing usually but what was they actually there for ? They did nothing. Including letting some empty head nugget twat within inches of the referee. ‘‘Twas a joke last night. I’m usually in the ground early to get a good seat. But had to rush from work to get there just for 19:40 btw. 

Did you miss KO?