Just as a slight change of subject, did anyone else hear Roy say "You can't see Placide in his black kit against a dark background"?

I exchanged glances with my daughter and had to check he said what he said..........and then he repeated it.

I'm sure on both occasions Sam(?) moved the commentary very quickly.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Just as a slight change of subject, did anyone else hear Roy say "You can't see Placide in his black kit against a dark background"?

I exchanged glances with my daughter and had to check he said what he said..........and then he repeated it.

Yep :D

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

File him alongside Deyres42 as a casual racist...

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Yep, he says it on that bit of commentary they had on social media. It could be construed as a bit of #casualracism but I think it was more a comment on how dark our GK kit can be and how poor Dale's floodlights are. 

Edited by rudemedic

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Just sounds factually accurate to me

23 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

When I was editing the commentary before posting on here and twitter I did think about removing  Roy's comment but decided he was just referring to Placide's black kit and no more, so left it in.

1 minute ago, laticsrblue said:

When I was editing the commentary before posting on here and twitter I did think about removing  Roy's comment but decided he was just referring to Placide's black kit and no more, so left it in.

I am sure he was.  Just shows in what pathetic times we live!  Cannot believe people have an issue with what he said, says more about them.

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of being in court when my mate was the victim of a very bad assault at about 1 o'clock in a nightclub. The judge asked the lawyers to stop asking witnesses how much they'd had to drink as we'd already established that everyone had had 4 or 5 pints

Just now, latics22 said:

How do they police that?

If he’s a season ticket holder they’ll block his bar code. If not and for every other ground in the country it’s like when sadists who are cruel to animals get banned from keeping them for life.... they can’t and won’t police it 

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

Reminds me of being in court when my mate was the victim of a very bad assault at about 1 o'clock in a nightclub. The judge asked the lawyers to stop asking witnesses how much they'd had to drink as we'd already established that everyone had had 4 or 5 pints

4-5 pints by 1am? Lightweights! ? 

• 2 weeks later...