12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How in the name of all that is within the bounds of sense, reason and logic are any Latics fans attempting to take the moral high ground over the state of a pitch?!

How many games have we postponed this season?  The moral high ground was Dunphy and his deputy slagging off the media and Spurs and getting very irate with criticism, whilst all the while knowing it was a monumental fuck up.   Dale have mismanaged this from 12 months ago. Their own fans are furious and embarrassed, rightly so. 

My view on a fine or points deduction would be the same if it was us. They have totally fucked up plenty of peoples weekends, subjected unnecessary cost on opposing fans and teams and caused massive inconvenience on fans and other teams. If that doesn’t warrant censure, nothing does.  

Edited by kowenicki

Hello all - Dale fan here, we are laying a new pitch ready for our cup tie with Spurs next Sunday.  It has been a fiasco although I believe some pitches local to us are not too far off being as bad.  However in spite of all the hype in the press the pitch played reasonably well last Tuesday - it looked a lot worse than it was and nobody got injured and it was not a risk to players' careers.  Even Millwall didn't complain about the playing surface (just complained about our fans).  Part of me wanted to play Spurs on that same sandy surface, it might have been an advantage to us. Anyway we are getting a quick fix to tide us over until the Summer then a complete overhaul will be needed. See you all in April - it could be a relegation battle! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

Hello all - Dale fan here, we are laying a new pitch ready for our cup tie with Spurs next Sunday.  It has been a fiasco although I believe some pitches local to us are not too far off being as bad.  However in spite of all the hype in the press the pitch played reasonably well last Tuesday - it looked a lot worse than it was and nobody got injured and it was not a risk to players' careers.  Even Millwall didn't complain about the playing surface (just complained about our fans).  Part of me wanted to play Spurs on that same sandy surface, it might have been an advantage to us. Anyway we are getting a quick fix to tide us over until the Summer then a complete overhaul will be needed. See you all in April - it could be a relegation battle! 

Nah you will be down by then :OASISscarf:

1 hour ago, Dalefan2 said:

Not much chance that pitch will be ready (or playable) for weekend. Forecast is terrible. Currently a blizzard. 

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

How do you relay the whole pitch and get the turf to stick a week later whilst playing football on it?  Will be interesting to watch particularly if a Spurs player gets injured when/if it cuts up.

I agree...it could be as dangerous if not more so than the condition it was in for the Millwall game. With this in mind I remember a few seasons ago when Oldham played Curzon ashton in a friendly and one of there players suffered a serious break to his leg. I have played at Curzon and know some of the guys there and they didn’t want the game to be played so soon in pre season as they felt the pitch hadn’t ‘Bedded in’ (not sure if this is the technical term) enough and would cut up easily. Oldham pushed for the game to be played so it was played. 

The young lad that broke his leg in front of the main stand did it I believe because his studs got stuck in the pitch due to a divot. 

Yes this could have happened in a league game but the pitch was cutting up a lot during that game due to it not being ready. Curzon’s pitch is usually exceptional for lower league football and I hadn’t seen it cut up like that before. 

Edited by super_blue