On 10/02/2018 at 12:49 PM, Fruitygoo said:

If the weather this week is similar to that of the last week.. The new pitch will be a deathtrap next week. Part of me hopes their day on the big stage is a complete shambles 

Churlish. We should all support any lower league team against any Prima Donna team, no exceptions. Come on Rochdale.

Great result for Dale and a nice trip to Wembley for the club...and it's sudden intake of 'new' fans. As much as I want Latics to stuff both Bury and Dale when they play each other, I would rather all three teams manage to stay in League One and some of the southern softie teams go down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Great result for Dale and a nice trip to Wembley for the club...and it's sudden intake of 'new' fans. As much as I want Latics to stuff both Bury and Dale when they play each other, I would rather all three teams manage to stay in League One and some of the southern softie teams go down.

I think most reasonable fans of our club would hope for this.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well it had me off the sofa.   I'm not thinking of organising an open top bus

Me too. Wasn’t cheering like but that was a fantastic cup tie. This competition may have lost some of its importance but as long as it can produce matches like that it won’t ever be degraded to the extent the top clubs would have it.

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I think most reasonable fans of our club would hope for this.

I would if they brought enough of an away following to significantly impact our coffers. 

Neither of them do. 

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Theirs?

rented for one game. 

So they will have paid a modest amount for the rental of top quality boards which actually work to use for the one game that would earn any money for a third division club. We paid a 6 figure sum to own ours to advertise the people who were on the bill boards anyway and existing club partners, and the clock works half the time.

Not sure we've won the Battle of the Boards there to be honest, but it probably made someone happy.