10 minutes ago, leeslover said:

So they will have paid a modest amount for the rental of top quality boards which actually work to use for the one game that would earn any money for a third division club. We paid a 6 figure sum to own ours to advertise the people who were on the bill boards anyway and existing club partners, and the clock works half the time.

Not sure we've won the Battle of the Boards there to be honest, but it probably made someone happy.

Ffs.  Who cares?   Some people just love a good old moan. 

Edited by kowenicki

41 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Great result for Dale and a nice trip to Wembley for the club...and it's sudden intake of 'new' fans. As much as I want Latics to stuff both Bury and Dale when they play each other, I would rather all three teams manage to stay in League One and some of the southern softie teams go down.

Thats is simply not going to happen though is it. So as it stands I want Bury and Dale to continue to struggle as it means we are that bit more likely to survive.  Just being realistic. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ffs.  Who cares?   Some people just love a good old moan. 

Some things are worth moaning about. Like the misappropriation of fans scoreboard money and spending a further £100k+ on something with no obvious benefit to the club when we couldn't pay the wages or the tax or a whole lot of other things. I think you should review some of your posts on the subject and show a bit of humility to be honest.

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Imagine you could speak about Latics like that 

He wont. He vanishes after we win games and reappears to bitch and moan when we don’t.  Clown. 

Dale were good, not magnificent. Spurs were absolutely dire. 

15 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Some things are worth moaning about. Like the misappropriation of fans scoreboard money and spending a further £100k+ on something with no obvious benefit to the club when we couldn't pay the wages or the tax or a whole lot of other things. I think you should review some of your posts on the subject and show a bit of humility to be honest.

Nah. 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He wont. He vanishes after we win games and reappears to bitch and moan when we don’t.  Clown.

If I could vanish it would be more likely caused by the reduced intelligence of the posts on the board

with the more myopic posters becoming increasingly vociferous with churlish narrow-minded insults.

Perhaps I simply get bored with the mind numbingly boring level of schoolboy bickering. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Some sickening comments in this thread. 

Fuck em... 

Hope Spurs win the replay 10-0 

I either wanted Spurs to annihilate them 10-0 or for dale to get a result... the draw was perfect for them now to get stuffed in the Home leg and secure league two status for next season.

Result.

I may well be in the minority but I like small/local teams to do well.  Obviously not at Oldham's expense, that goes without saying.  But, maybe I am a romantic at heart, I love to see the Davids do well against the Goliaths.  I am old enough to remember (and to have been there) when we had our great cup runs in 1990.  It seemed as if the whole country was behind us.  I don't begrudge Rochdale anything...so long as we finish above them in the relegation scrap.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

I may well be in the minority but I like small/local teams to do well.  Obviously not at Oldham's expense, that goes without saying.  But, maybe I am a romantic at heart, I love to see the Davids do well against the Goliaths.  I am old enough to remember (and to have been there) when we had our great cup runs in 1990.  It seemed as if the whole country was behind us.  I don't begrudge Rochdale anything...so long as we finish above them in the relegation scrap.

Well said

• Like 1

Well done Dale is what i say.

I dont get the dislike of Rochdale, in may ways they are similar to ourselves.(northern town, next to manchester, small fan base).

They get a day out at wembley , and quite a large wallop of £££ i would have thought, so best of luck to them in the replay (altho i suspect they will get drubbed 4 or 5 ), in reality tho that doesnt matter, they can go and enjoy their day, their cup final if you like.As i say, i think they will get drubbed, and so do many of their fans i suspect), but it would be nice if they can keep it respectable, 1-3 or 0-2 would be just that.

On the flip side for them is its another fixture, which in terms of survival in the league, is not good, as they will for sure suffer fatigue and injuries, for me they are gone already, as are Bury MK, the last spot is wide open tho, we have to keep winning, southend are OK, a bit of a bogey side for us really, that said, i feel we will beat them at home.

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

I dont get the dislike of Rochdale, in may ways they are similar to ourselves.(northern town, next to manchester, small fan base).

They get a day out at wembley , and quite a large wallop of £££ i would have thought, so best of luck to them in the replay (altho i suspect they will get drubbed 4 or 5 ), in reality tho that doesnt matter, they can go and enjoy their day, their cup final if you like.As i say, i think they will get drubbed, and so do many of their fans i suspect), but it would be nice if they can keep it respectable, 1-3 or 0-2 would be just that.

On the flip side for them is its another fixture, which in terms of survival in the league, is not good, as they will for sure suffer fatigue and injuries, for me they are gone already, as are Bury MK, the last spot is wide open tho, we have to keep winning, southend are OK, a bit of a bogey side for us really, that said, i feel we will beat them at home.

I want them to lose in the same way I would’ve wanted Gillingham, Northampton, Scunthorpe etc. to lose the same fixture.

Couldn't give a toss about Rochdale, I just root against the sides at our level. They’re our competition.

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

I dont get the dislike of Rochdale

It's part of the modern black or white syndrome,  fuelled by social media.  You are either with us or against us, you must either love or hate. Weird, really,  when the currency of the most popular social media medium is 'likes'.

When I was young I went to Latics with my Dad, Uncle and neighbour.  If Latics were not at home we'd go to Dale or Huddersfield and I developed a soft spot for both along with Southport where I have family. Listening to the classified results with an ear out for them certainly enhanced things for me.

Just now, JohnnyPimp said:

It’s not just a run of the mill match though is it?

No and I suspect most of Rochdales first team squad will want to be involved at Wembley,  you may see an upturn in performance if Hill uses the replay as incentive and bait in the next game or two.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No and I suspect most of Rochdales first team squad will want to be involved at Wembley,  you may see an upturn in performance if Hill uses the replay as incentive and bait in the next game or two.

That’s the joy of football, this could be the catalyst to see them out of trouble or a huge distraction that speeds them on their way to League Two.

I still have nightmares about our post-Wembley form in ‘94.

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't think they have a big squad,16yo on the bench v Spurs. Some players are struggling already with injuries, it's going to be tough for them 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think they have a big squad,16yo on the bench v Spurs. Some players are struggling already with injuries, it's going to be tough for them 

No denying that, I'm with JohnnyPimp on this and will watch out for which way it will tip them, its certainly not as cut and dried as some are making out, think they need something Wednesday night though - if they win that they could have a chance.