Ive read all over social media that this lad is going to be fantastic for us with many saying him and Doyle are going to be unstoppable.

a fantastic performance yesterday in terms of 2 great goals but wants  to run with the ball rather than without it.

IMO he is a talented lad and given time he could be excellent for Wolves but for us I see someone who will be frustrating most of the time and other times he might 'do a Blackburn'. We need more consistency for the run in.

I dont think he will be a good partner for Doyle as he likes to keep the ball and will need a foil like Davies to play off. I also don't think he works hard enough without the ball and the goals don't keep coming fans will turn.

He doesn't run the wide channels which Byrne finds infuriating. He does head direct for goal which I love but that's not always an option.

So what are peoples views of him? What's the forward line when Doyle returns

Yes,

He did get out wide and had good control but his main strength is running at defenders and having a crack on goal.When Doyle is back we will have one of the best strike groups going and be able to score more than we concede and start winning more games.

It's s tough one because I think the Duck will struggled at home the more the pitch cuts up as the season goes on as his game seems to be running with the ball. A style which our pitch at present won't be conducive to. 

The other factor is if Doyle comes back from his illness as near as damnit to how he was before. 

Thirdly, if we play Doyle and Nazon together, who holds the ball up? This tactic will be fine if we actually use the midfield to play them in, however a lot of our goals have come from long balls from our own half or from Jonny. 

I guess we won't know until we try it. 

Doyle has ruined us all, any other season we'd be welcoming our new messiah. The two goals on Saturday he created all on his own, class.

He'll be starting until Doyle's back which gives him a month to get match fit/sharp. Who's to say Doyle will be able to take his spot if he's in good form?

Maybe leave discussing whether they can play together until we've actually seen them play together

1 minute ago, welshgaz said:

He'll be a big player for us but I thought that he tired along with the rest of the team early in the second half. There were a coupleof occasions where our left back wanted to send it down the line and he didn't offer a run.

He did that 1st half also when Byrne had no other option. 

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Scores two goals in three games.... a lot of work to be done ??

He scored 2 great individual goals in 1 half but has been largely ineffective otherwise. Lots of work is needed. Stats don't tell the full story.

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am not convinced. He did well in the first half on Sat. Second half, he may as well have not been there. Against Bradford, he wasn't great and his debut was average at best. A lot of work to be done...

I have liked him in all 3 games he has played, but clearly not that fit as he hits a wall on 60 mins or so. To say he has been playing for Coventry and is only young, that is a worry.

2 hours ago, pukka said:

I have liked him in all 3 games he has played, but clearly not that fit as he hits a wall on 60 mins or so. To say he has been playing for Coventry and is only young, that is a worry.

Feed the Duck for 60 minutes or till he tires then replace him with one from Holloway,  Benteke, Obadeyi, Duffus and Doyle when fit.  Nice problem for RW to have really.

Let's face it, if he's linked to AL then I strongly suspect that we'd be keeping him beyond this season.  

He's rated by Wolves but if they get back to the Prem then he'll be loaned out again next season or released.  

At our level I personally think he's a very strong addition to compliment our striking options.  

For AL, he'd be a saleable asset once he's had more game time and scored a number of goals.  

16 hours ago, palmer1 said:

He scored 2 great individual goals in 1 half but has been largely ineffective otherwise. Lots of work is needed. Stats don't tell the full story.

Striker scores 2 goals created by himself and is described as ineffective...

what

16 hours ago, pukka said:

We seem to have a lot  of 60 minute men, RW needs to find out why.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We seem to have a lot  of 60 minute men, RW needs to find out why.

When you press the opposition like we do at times it takes its toll later in the game and we need to find a way to manage that, other factors to consider would be our diabolical training facilities coupled with a cow patch of a pitch which will drain players and make them more prone to injury, several of our players look like they could do with a rest and if they won tonight and put everything into it I'd be inclined to give them the rest of the week off with an eleven day break before Southend.

1 hour ago, cmr said:

Striker scores 2 goals created by himself and is described as ineffective...

what

I meant in the other 2.5 games where he did nothing and you know it? well done though you took it completely out of context and got the upboats for it which will make you happy im sure.

I bet you cant tell me anything else he has done in 2.5 games which leaves 2 full games where he contributed little or nothing. Any other shots on target?

13 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I meant in the other 2.5 games where he did nothing and you know it? well done though you took it completely out of context and got the upboats for it which will make you happy im sure.

I bet you cant tell me anything else he has done in 2.5 games which leaves 2 full games where he contributed little or nothing. Any other shots on target?

I get the point you're making but as long as a striker is scoring goals then i don't see a problem.

Before he joined he'd not played for a month, needs time to get match fit and gel into a new team, in a new league. The brace will give him confidence and I'm hoping he continues to score and gives Wellens a tough decision to make when Doyle comes back.

Edited by cmr