2 hours ago, cmr said:

I get the point you're making but as long as a striker is scoring goals then i don't see a problem.

Before he joined he'd not played for a month, needs time to get match fit and gel into a new team, in a new league. The brace will give him confidence and I'm hoping he continues to score and gives Wellens a tough decision to make when Doyle comes back.

and like I alluded to, imo he will be exciting at times but very frustrating as Saturday will not happen every week. I hope it is but I very doubt it will be a difficult decision for Wellens.

I watch the players overall game, positioning, runs they make and when, first touch, if they lift there head etc etc He scored 2 great goals which means most Latics fans are now blind to the rest of his game. Give em a few weeks to catch up.

I hope he smashes 10 more but 10 minutes aside out of 3 games im cant see it yet.

29 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

and like I alluded to, imo he will be exciting at times but very frustrating as Saturday will not happen every week. I hope it is but I very doubt it will be a difficult decision for Wellens.

I watch the players overall game, positioning, runs they make and when, first touch, if they lift there head etc etc He scored 2 great goals which means most Latics fans are now blind to the rest of his game. Give em a few weeks to catch up.

I hope he smashes 10 more but 10 minutes aside out of 3 games im cant see it yet.

We all bow down to your greater expertise ???

1 hour ago, Joanna Roper said:

Always trying to turn a positive into a negative the lad is powerful runs at defenders and score's 2 not 100% match fit yet surely it should be wonder if Davies will get a game once Doyle and Duckens are 100% fit!!

Davies would definitely get a game for me - Davies is a handful, holds it up and I think he is a great partner for either. I don't think Doyle and the Duck would do as well personally.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pukka said:

Davies would definitely get a game for me - Davies is a handful, holds it up and I think he is a great partner for either. I don't think Doyle and the Duck would do as well personally.

Agreed, Davies is a good target man for this level who is able to score a few goals to 

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Shit, I look forward to Saturdays as well! When did this change happen? 

:D

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

How many pairs of eyes do you have?

5 hours ago, palmer1 said:

To be fair, if he could do what he did on Saturday every week AND all that you describe AND shake off all the players that will now be man marking him having seen what he can do, we wouldn't have a sniff of signing him.

18 minutes ago, astottie said:

He had a shocker but his game is running with the ball and George best would have struggled on that pitch. Even still he nearly scored at the start of the second half.

On this pitch I wonder if Holloway will start  against Southend?

Looks a solid dribbler but apart from his two goals I thought he was out of the game at Blackburn and tonight he was terrible. At home on a pitch like we have I’d rather play two battering rams in Holloway and Davies and have him come on for last 20. Away from home he may be more effective but off the Blackburn game he needs to do a lot more holding up and putting himself about to justify a starting spot

6 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Come in palmer1, your time is now.

I'll give him a few more weeks and hope he proves me wrong but for all the sarcastic comments on here aimed at me, my record on judging players on this board is pretty decent.

I can't comment on last nights performance as I couldn't make it to BP.

35 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I'll give him a few more weeks and hope he proves me wrong but for all the sarcastic comments on here aimed at me, my record on judging players on this board is pretty decent.

I can't comment on last nights performance as I couldn't make it to BP.

That's a blessing you couldn't make it, believe me.

7 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Looks a solid dribbler but apart from his two goals I thought he was out of the game at Blackburn and tonight he was terrible. At home on a pitch like we have I’d rather play two battering rams in Holloway and Davies and have him come on for last 20. Away from home he may be more effective but off the Blackburn game he needs to do a lot more holding up and putting himself about to justify a starting spot

Classic Latics - ‘off the back of the Blackburn game he needs to justify a starting spot’. What?

Lad gets two brilliant goals away at 2nd in the league and we’re asking him to start using his elbows and face his back to goal more, despite already having two strikers whose games are to do that...

We’ve seen him 3/4 times. Give him a chance to get settled - he’s doing alright so far in my book.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Classic Latics - ‘off the back of the Blackburn game he needs to justify a starting spot’. What?

Lad gets two brilliant goals away at 2nd in the league and we’re asking him to start using his elbows and face his back to goal more, despite already having two strikers whose games are to do that...

We’ve seen him 3/4 times. Give him a chance to get settled - he’s doing alright so far in my book.

he got two individual goals but did very little else, no hold up play and wasnt in the game for large spells on sat. In fact in both games its been davies who's done the majority of the work down the channels so there';s never anyone in the box who will win us a header if we do actually whip it in. if he scores an individual goal every game and wins us points then fine he'll have justified his role but for me unless he offers more for the team he should be behind holloway, especially at home on our pitch. last night he was carried by davies who may as well have been up top on his own. his ability to play with his back to goal looked really poor, and he's going to have to play like that because of our pitch so we need someone who can do that. although i admit its only two games but he doesnt seem to want to challenge in the air and he's just waiting for a through ball to run onto and thats it. holloways' physical style and play meant he was more dangerous and a better option for us as a team in my opinion, as he was able to hold up the ball and wrestle through challenges to get us up the pitch. therefore i think he needs to do more to justify starting games.