Today was the first time I have seen nazon actually pass the ball to a team mate! I think I would play him as an impact sub to run at tired defences - Doyle needs to play off someone who will put a bit of effort in - today he seemed to do all the chasing whilst nazon just mooched around.

Well personally I don’t appreciate a player that like has been said above only seems to play for himself, yet still can’t produce anything.

Take away 2 goals at Blackburn and the guy has literally done nothing. Unless of course you want to count his horrendous shot that thankfully was so shit it bobbled through to Davies for him to tap in.

He said he was fast when he signed but to me he looks like he’s running in slutch because the ball is never under full control.

Hope he proves me wrong I really do but I don’t think he offers anything to the team.

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Came on today, had the ball a number of times in great positions and did.........

absolutely nothing

2 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Busting run.  Powerful shot.  No deflection.  Throw in.

In the short time he was on the pitch he was involved in three decent attacking positions.

There was the aforementioned wayward shot.

There was a run latching on to Byrne’s long ball forward that ended with him cutting into the box and then releasing a tame shot that was easily blocked.

There was the cut inside in the penalty area from Holloway’s pass that saw his shot take a deflection and loop just over the bar.

So... I would argue against the point above that he did ‘absolutely nothing’ - agreed the end result was lacking but the effort and energy was certainly there.

My personal view is that Wellens should start with a front two of Holloway and Doyle on Wednesday - it’s time Richie ?

• 2 weeks later...

Popped up with some important goals, let’s hope he keeps it up.  Never going to get many assists though is he... ?

Oldham Athletic Top Scorers 

1. Eoin Doyle

165 minsper goal

2307 minsplayed

14Goals scored

6 Assists

2. Craig Davies

229 minsper goal

2752 minsplayed

12Goals scored

2 Assists

3. Duckens Nazon

134 minsper goal

803 minsplayed

6Goals scored

1 Assists

4. Jack Byrne

603 minsper goal

3017 minsplayed

Can’t see him  catching at Wolves I would have him on loan for a full season next year  he’s scored14in total  this season  when’s he out of  contract would we be able to afford him   I can see him being a regular 20 goal a season player

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Popped up with some important goals, let’s hope he keeps it up.  Never going to get many assists though is he... ?

Oldham Athletic Top Scorers 

1. Eoin Doyle

165 minsper goal

2307 minsplayed

14Goals scored

6 Assists

2. Craig Davies

229 minsper goal

2752 minsplayed

12Goals scored

2 Assists

3. Duckens Nazon

134 minsper goal

803 minsplayed

6Goals scored

1 Assists

4. Jack Byrne

603 minsper goal

3017 minsplayed

Is his one assist the scuffed shot at Bury?

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

Can’t see him  catching at Wolves I would have him on loan for a full season next year  he’s scored14in total  this season  when’s he out of  contract would we be able to afford him   I can see him being a regular 20 goal a season player

He is a singular minded player but what he does well is making space for himself and getting a shot away. Shame he snatched at the hat trick chance.

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

Another Palmer1 whipping boy who doesn't run around enough.

What a load of bollocks! Name me one other 'whipping boy' who I've criticised for work rate. In fact name me any player who ive whipped that didnt turn outto be dog shit! My main criticism of Naz wasn't because he didn't run and it's proved to be the case with more and more fans noticing it every week. 

20 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

What a load of bollocks! Name me one other 'whipping boy' who I've criticised for work rate. In fact name me any player who ive whipped that didnt turn outto be dog shit! My main criticism of Naz wasn't because he didn't run and it's proved to be the case with more and more fans noticing it every week. 

I’ve noticed his goals have you ?

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’ve noticed his goals have you ?

Of course I'm not blind...

The below is from my original post after Blackburn, anybody want to tell me where I went wrong? As frustrating and selfish as he is we've had few weeks of consistent goals. Let's hope it continues, we need them.

'IMO he is a talented lad and given time he could be excellent for Wolves but for us I see someone who will be frustrating most of the time and other times he might 'do a Blackburn'. We need more consistency for the run in.

I dont think he will be a good partner for Doyle as he likes to keep the ball and will need a foil like Davies to play off. I also don't think he works hard enough without the ball and the goals don't keep coming fans will turn.

He doesn't run the wide channels which Byrne finds infuriating. He does head direct for goal which I love but that's not always an option'

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Placide 

Nope!

Pointed out his mistakes when conceded poor goals, when he didn't actually stop anything for approx 8 games (can't remember exact), that cruyff turns don't win football matches, that he had great distribution, that Ripley was a better keeper imo and that he should be doing better. Of course0 you know this Harry because despite one person on Twitter taking what seems to be a personal offence for not praising him every time he fkn blinks, it's nothing but true. 

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Nope!

Pointed out his mistakes when conceded poor goals, when he didn't actually stop anything for approx 8 games (can't remember exact), that cruyff turns don't win football matches, that he had great distribution, that Ripley was a better keeper imo and that he should be doing better. Of course0 you know this Harry because despite one person on Twitter taking what seems to be a personal offence for not praising him every time he fkn blinks, it's nothing but true. 

You said "In fact name me any player who ive whipped that didnt turn outto be dog shit!"

Placide has recovered form and become pretty good again has he not?

Just now, HarryBosch said:

You said "In fact name me any player who ive whipped that didnt turn outto be dog shit!"

Placide has recovered form and become pretty good again has he not?

So you think he's  'whipped' because I didnt ignore blatant errors that were costing us points? I would think it was no matter what he did he can't win and I'd keep slagging him. Has that happened? 

'whipped' was Connor Brown territory because he was total shite!

31 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

So you think he's  'whipped' because I didnt ignore blatant errors that were costing us points? I would think it was no matter what he did he can't win and I'd keep slagging him. Has that happened? 

'whipped' was Connor Brown territory because he was total shite!

You just couldn't wait to have another go at the "special mention " could you.

25 minutes ago, disjointed said:

You just couldn't wait to have another go at the "special mention " could you.

Coming up with that nickname was 'whipping' a player when he didnt prove himself totaly incompetent once in a while :dedhrse: 

I miss him...

Edited by palmer1