Priorities?

Ignoring the team for a moment what should the new owner's prorities be?

Getting a proper playing surface in place for the long term?

Refurbing any or all of the three older stands?

Negotiating a deal to gain control of the North stand?

Appointing an experienced set of directors?

What else?

Paying the staff on time

No transfer embargos

No stupid decision making, resulting in massive shit storms.

These 3 would be a good start in the short term.

A proper strategy to recruit and develop players no football club succeeds without one. It will mean we have to sell players at some point but make sure they are leaving for big fees that can be pumped back into recruiting the next player who can go on from there.

Plus the suggestions that Dave Og states in the OP then we will progress.

Stock up on food and drink, 7:55 I arrived tonight, no food or cold drinks. Throwing money away, I’d of spent about £7-£8. 

Obviously the above is not one of the top priorities, more tongue in cheek, but it is little things like that that bug me at Latics, other things include the state of the chaddy roof, it looks scruffy. Sick of seeing the old scoreboard above the rre, just looks rubbish. The whole place needs a good lick of paint. 

The pitch is very high up on the list, 3-4 seasons it’s been goosed after November now, I think the FA should be coming down on the standard of clubs pitches, we had Newport last season, Rochdale this season, and then there’s us who consistantly have a shit pitch. It’s a professional sport, pitches should not look like ours in this day and age.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think if he ever wants to sell Jack Byrne for decent money he needs to get that pitch sorted in the summer. 

The pitch is an interesting one. It seems to get relaid every summer. Certainly the last 2/3 anyway. But the way it cuts up at the same point every year, I can only presume we’ve just been putting a top layer on it so to speak.

I wonder how much a complete overhaul would be, and considering the local climate, would it be anymore guaranteed to not cut up? 

If the club had to chose, would you want 250k on a new pitch (picking a figure) or spent on the squad? 

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:Paying the staff on time

No transfer embargos

No stupid decision making, resulting in massive shit storms.

These 3 would be a good start in the short term.

A proper strategy to recruit and develop players no football club succeeds without one. It will mean we have to sell players at some point but make sure they are leaving for big fees that can be pumped back into recruiting the next player who can go on from there.

Plus the suggestions that Dave Og states in the OP then we will progress.

Was going to say something about the pitch, but the Top 3 are a much higher priority.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The pitch is an interesting one. It seems to get relaid every summer. Certainly the last 2/3 anyway. But the way it cuts up at the same point every year, I can only presume we’ve just been putting a top layer on it so to speak.

I wonder how much a complete overhaul would be, and considering the local climate, would it be anymore guaranteed to not cut up? 

If the club had to chose, would you want 250k on a new pitch (picking a figure) or spent on the squad? 

Don’t even think it’s relaid to be honest, sure we just reseed it. Could be wrong.

I’m sure I read, maybe on here, that for a decent pitch it’s going to cost about 800k to replace ours. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Was going to say something about the pitch, but the Top 3 are a much higher priority.

Defintley. 

But then, I’d like to hope that’s not asking a lot. . . 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Don’t even think it’s relaid to be honest, sure we just reseed it. Could be wrong.

I’m sure I read, maybe on here, that for a decent pitch it’s going to cost about 800k to replace ours. 

£800k- gulp. 

Another re-seed it is then. 

35 minutes ago, daniel said:

If I remember rightly that’s about the figure it cost last time a major overhaul on the pitch was undertaken, around 2001 or 2002? It was said at the time that the pitch would have a lifespan of around 10 years. The council footed the bill as they were the landlords at the time but I think they added this to the purchase price when brassbank arrived in town.  Since then (since the ten years elapsed) I think it’s just been a case of make do and mend

Edited by johnafoafc

Facilities in the Main Stand are tosh. Chaddy End roof and Jimmy Friz stand old scoreboard area are nothing short of laughable.

Need to get the LED boards properly sorted and source out advertising for them. They're always broken and they look unprofessional the way they are slanted and it's the same 5 ads on a loop all game.

Top floor of the North Stand needs doing, training facilities need improving... the list goes on... He's got a big job off the field as well as on it does Abdallah.. Hope he's got the cash.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Need to get the LED boards properly sorted and source out advertising for them. They're always broken and they look unprofessional the way they are slanted and it's the same 5 ads on a loop all game.

I think that all the money to be made from them has already left the building 

Within a month

Name the Jimmy Frizzell stand correctly

Improve the concourse facilities and outlets in the Jimmy Frizzell and northern stands.

Offseason

new pitch 

Have plans in place for a new main stand ready to go in case of promotion but hold back on that expenditure until we actually are going to get promoted.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

According to last night's programme notes Mohammed Lemsagam and Paul Snoddy have joined the board!

Paul Snoddy is the guy who last season tried to  anonymously  gave Latics some  dosh but had to reveal himself to doubters.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/april/second-open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund/

3 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

Paul Snoddy is the guy who last season tried to  anonymously  gave Latics some  dosh but had to reveal himself to doubters.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/april/second-open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund/

The guy who didn't exist. A figment of Corney's imagination. 

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Stock up on food and drink, 7:55 I arrived tonight, no food or cold drinks. Throwing money away, I’d of spent about £7-£8. 

Obviously the above is not one of the top priorities, more tongue in cheek, but it is little things like that that bug me at Latics, other things include the state of the chaddy roof, it looks scruffy. Sick of seeing the old scoreboard above the rre, just looks rubbish. The whole place needs a good lick of paint. 

The pitch is very high up on the list, 3-4 seasons it’s been goosed after November now, I think the FA should be coming down on the standard of clubs pitches, we had Newport last season, Rochdale this season, and then there’s us who consistantly have a shit pitch. It’s a professional sport, pitches should not look like ours in this day and age.

This.

It feels like going to see a side whose home games are temporarily at a makeshift ground at times

It’s not much time or effort to appear respectable and professional, not look like scruffy twats