Priorities?

Improved training facilities and the playing surface have to be number 1.

The football side of the game has to be priority. Currently we can’t train outside and had to go to Wigan last week to use their pitch for a session or 2. That’s poor for a professional club. Painting stands and other things I agree are important but not more important than the various pitches. 

So really to stop the shit storms, to relay a new pitch and maintain it so it still lools like a bowling green in february new training facilities and buying back the stadium and developing it we are hoping this could cost what £30 million minimum and thats before we start on the team :lol:

Edited by GlossopLatic

3G, hybrid pitch (if it can be used for internationals, Scottish prem, champions league it’s surely good enough for league one). Overhaul of mini Wembley, same sort of thing. These could be rented out like the old one used to be bringing income in. Will cost a pretty penny but I’m sure our new owner can see the benefits in the long run.

up phillys budget and set up a structured academy system, try and get kids to want to come and learn their trade at Latics rather than city, Utd and even Salford!

focus on this and the next generation of fans, make junior Latics/boundary blues like it was years ago with a lounge for before games, regular tournaments, trips away to play different teams on match days. (This could coincide with the “fans bar” being finished)

not all imediate priorities i know but will definitely improve things.

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Ignoring the team for a moment what should the new owner's prorities be?

Getting a proper playing surface in place for the long term?

Refurbing any or all of the three older stands?

Negotiating a deal to gain control of the North stand?

Appointing an experienced set of directors?

What else?

All of these.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As a side note, I went into the club yesterday to get my ticket and Corney was still there and having a rant at Philliskirk...

Yes, he was sat with AL at the game last night, so still involved in some capacity.

I thought I'd have a quick look around to see if the mooted £800k was about right for a new pitch. Watford have postponed at £1m re-lay.

There are quite a few other teams having problems this season, which seems to be weather  related.

Dale we know about, a real shocker that one an we should not complain too much about ours in comparision, they are re-laying ahead of Spurs match at a cost of £500k

Bristol Rovers are going to relay theirs because of their current problems.

Hearts are relaying their ahead of Ross county match, and planning the hybrid  GrassMaster (formerly Desso) in the summer.

Gloucester Rugby also having problems so are installing hybrid in the summer.

Celtic will do the same.

United, City & Liverpool all have Desso, and Liverpool have had problems for a number of years, at least they all have the funds

Reading and Liverpool re-layed theirs int he summer,

9 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

Paul Snoddy is the guy who last season tried to  anonymously  gave Latics some  dosh but had to reveal himself to doubters.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/april/second-open-letter-from-supporter-regarding-scoreboard-fund/

Knew I recognised the name from somewhere. Incidentally they did get something out of it. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2016/october/fans-enjoy-training-day-experience/

If he wants to spend his money at Oldham then good luck to him, but I give it 6 months before someone questions what he brings to the role aside from consuming free food and drink. 

Might I suggest that he has started in the right way by getting us the strikers we needed.

We would need to know the deal he has done with the two amigos in relation to the stadium and surrounds to suggest improvements there but we do need a new pitch.  If memory serves me well it has not been relayed for some time, worked on and reseeded yes but relayed no.  You can't compare a pitch that has to be covered with one that has undersoil heating as our problems only surfaced when the pitch was covered for frosts and with the work undertaken to remove snow.  I would prefer grass with heating but then the options for 3G or whatever it is have been considered and rejected.  The pitch at Kilmarnock didn't look too clever when they beat Celtic but no doubt it is better than what we have now.

2 hours ago, robboman said:

They are not 'back' given they are dated 2017 and 2015. They have not been confirmed as satisfied yet. Whether that is bang up to date isn't obvious . As the confirmation statement is overdue and Gee is still down as a director I would guess not.

A fundraiser for relaying the pitch

Boxing match between Hughes and Shez with booze and prison rules, maybe have some OWTB handbags settled on the score card n all, maybe get all the convicts we've tried to sign and have a proper prison brawl... last one standing gets a contract? sell the bodies to Blue Tiffin and head over there for the afterparty and tuck into our "chicken" vindaloo

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wogghead1 said:

3G, hybrid pitch (if it can be used for internationals, Scottish prem, champions league it’s surely good enough for league one). Overhaul of mini Wembley, same sort of thing. These could be rented out like the old one used to be bringing income in. Will cost a pretty penny but I’m sure our new owner can see the benefits in the long run.

up phillys budget and set up a structured academy system, try and get kids to want to come and learn their trade at Latics rather than city, Utd and even Salford!

focus on this and the next generation of fans, make junior Latics/boundary blues like it was years ago with a lounge for before games, regular tournaments, trips away to play different teams on match days. (This could coincide with the “fans bar” being finished)

not all imediate priorities i know but will definitely improve things.

8 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

This this and this.... ridiculous when Dale, Latics, Bury are struggling with pitch condition. Traditional methods not working. 

We have a bit of land and never been as wet as this year. Constant top up and good drains at limit. 

The hybrid is what we have now.  The Desso, before it was taken over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrassMaster

The issue is not us using the use of hybrid, it is used by all the top Leagues. it's the cost £800k+ becasue it is quite a few years past it's replacement cost.

The second point about using 3G, and I think you are both right, we should be able to at our level. If (when!) we get to the Prem we can afford a to put a proper pitch back in.

As above, lots of teams are struggling, and it's also in use in places like Italy, Switzerland etc it is good enough for us like you both say.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Knew I recognised the name from somewhere. Incidentally they did get something out of it. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2016/october/fans-enjoy-training-day-experience/

If he wants to spend his money at Oldham then good luck to him, but I give it 6 months before someone questions what he brings to the role aside from consuming free food and drink. 

Least we know where all the pies keep going