Priorities?

46 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Wasn't it said that some of the monies from the new TV deals would go towards grassroots football?:smoking:

I thought it was mickjagger that did the puns on here.  

We’ve little evidence of these monies in terms of pitch maintenance or improvements to the training facilities though. I guess anything that has been received has gone towards general running costs.

If the ground and north stand is still owned by Blitz and I had the money then I'd relocate the club.  Smaller stadium, new pitch and all off-field income coming directly back to the club.

If AL ploughed millions into the side and we achieved promotion then the stands would benefit directly - why should they if not owned by the club?!

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If the ground and north stand is still owned by Blitz and I had the money then I'd relocate the club.  Smaller stadium, new pitch and all off-field income coming directly back to the club.

If AL ploughed millions into the side and we achieved promotion then the stands would benefit directly - why should they if not owned by the club?!

Plus, i’d wager there asking price would go up if AL sought to buy it off them. I dread to think what they’d want if ever we got to the premier league. . ?

On 14/02/2018 at 9:24 AM, GlossopLatic said:

So really to stop the shit storms, to relay a new pitch and maintain it so it still lools like a bowling green in february new training facilities and buying back the stadium and developing it we are hoping this could cost what £30 million minimum and thats before we start on the team :lol:

After seeing the recent images of us training on little Wembley them surely improvements in our training facilities/surface is absolutely vital to success in the future. Absolute potato field...

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

After seeing the recent images of us training on little Wembley them surely improvements in our training facilities/surface is absolutely vital to success in the future. Absolute potato field...

Goes without saying but its going to cost us. Depends what Lemsagam has planned.

Mind you their is making plans and then executing them properly, and we have had a decade and a half of false dawns in that department.

On 14/02/2018 at 9:54 PM, League one forever said:

Plus, i’d wager there asking price would go up if AL sought to buy it off them. I dread to think what they’d want if ever we got to the premier league. . ?

On 14/02/2018 at 9:45 PM, Midsblue said:

I would still like a move away from BP and believe it could happen, however, a smaller stadium??

That would be akin to the club settling at our current level. The club & fans have to have an ambition to reach the Championship otherwise what is the point.

With the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Preston, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd and Leeds. A 9 or 10,000 capacity stadium would definitely not be big enough.

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I would still like a move away from BP and believe it could happen, however, a smaller stadium??

That would be akin to the club settling at our current level. The club & fans have to have an ambition to reach the Championship otherwise what is the point.

With the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Preston, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd and Leeds. A 9 or 10,000 capacity stadium would definitely not be big enough.

Bournmouth manage just fine with 11,000 capacity in the greedy league and Burton are chugging along in the Championship in a ground with less than 7,000.

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bournmouth manage just fine with 11,000 capacity in the greedy league and Burton are chugging along in the Championship in a ground with less than 7,000.

Burton couldn’t fill their ground against their very near neighbours Nottingham Forest last weekend, only 5,775

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

For varying reasons I think you’ll find both clubs are not too content with current attendances, however, Bournemouth have rich owners and a little contribution from a SKY to help out whereas Burton are chugging towards relegation!

16 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Exactly, it's a bigger stadium we need not a smaller one. Rotherham really suffered in the Championship with their small stadium. There must have been thousands of Leeds, Sheffield Utd/Wed, Forest, Derby, Preston,  Barnsley and Newcastle fans who would have gone had they been able to, and no doubt some got into the home areas which would have needed extra police and their charges.

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

For varying reasons I think you’ll find both clubs are not too content with current attendances, however, Bournemouth have rich owners and a little contribution from a SKY to help out whereas Burton are chugging towards relegation!

So if we are looking at a template shouldnt Bournemouth be the one?

Investment in recruitment get to the premier league fill the stadium regularly then with the PL millions build ourselves a new home?

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So if we are looking at a template shouldnt Bournemouth be the one?

Investment in recruitment get to the premier league fill the stadium regularly then with the PL millions build ourselves a new home?

They did post a 38m loss the season they went up and received a 7m fine for breaching FFP.

Quids in now though aren't they. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

They did post a 38m loss the season they went up and received a 7m fine for breaching FFP.

Well Id imagine theyd break even but it shows the sums required to get up. Brighton were regularly posting £20-£25m losses even with a brand new stadium getting 25000 plus average.

Realistically to get us into the PL would require someone prepared to burn a 9 figure sum.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• 3 years later...
On 2/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, ChrisA said:

On 2/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Well Id imagine theyd break even but it shows the sums required to get up. Brighton were regularly posting £20-£25m losses even with a brand new stadium getting 25000 plus average.

Realistically to get us into the PL would require someone prepared to burn a 9 figure sum.

Or not....this on top of the tens of millions lost previously. This could go very badly wrong very soon. 

Bournemouth: Championship club register £60m pre-tax loss for year ending June 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56563968

Edited by kowenicki

On 2/13/2018 at 10:29 PM, Dave_Og said:

Ignoring the team for a moment what should the new owner's prorities be?

Getting a proper playing surface in place for the long term?

Refurbing any or all of the three older stands?

Negotiating a deal to gain control of the North stand?

Appointing an experienced set of directors?

What else?

The original post in this thread, just over three years ago.  All questions still valid....

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Or not....this on top of the tens of millions lost previously. This could go very badly wrong very soon. 

Bournemouth: Championship club register £60m pre-tax loss for year ending June 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56563968

The article also mentions the following:

"After the year end, the club sold three players for a profit of £50.8 million.

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The article also mentions the following:

"After the year end, the club sold three players for a profit of £50.8 million.

The year end was June 2020. Imagine the losses since.  Probably well over £100m for the next financial year even after that £50m... full year of lockdown and no premier league. 

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The year end was June 2020. Imagine the losses since.  Probably well over £100m for the next financial year even after that £50m... full year of lockdown and no premier league. 

It will have hit them hard The TV deal was making up around 90% of their turnover. The parachute payments will soften the landing a little but by the looks of it they pressed the reset button.

They have sold off alot of the high earning staff and replaced them with people on significantly less probably plus alot of other non playing staff have lost their jobs. It's a big restructuring they will still make a significant Loss and shows how precarious the drop off between PL and championship is.  Bournemouth could go from a circa £150 million turnover business into a circa £5-10 million business in about 3 years. Not many businesses would survive that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The Hindenburg did well until it went down in flames.