Days gone by v now

4 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

Really good read, as was Dan Turner's entry. Although his line about singing 'Always look on the bright side of life', and having it returned back at us with gusto after you know what brought back some long since repressed bad memories :bigcry: 

A mate of mine chucked a podcast my way about our 89-94 seasons too. It's a bit shambolic, but it's a fairly nice listen, and I enjoyed it overall.

https://www.acast.com/nessundorma/s2ep3-oldhamathletic1989-1994  

I regularly type 'Oldham' into Acast and haven't found much. Nice one. Bedtime listen

42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Just tried to listen but one chap said yaknow, like, eight times in under a minute and l couldnt handle it.

If people hit a certain "like" per sentence ratio I have to bail.

It like, doesn't need to like happen and I like can't like stand it. I think Suzie Dent calls it "That twat Steven Gerrard effect".

(No problem with Monty's singular and appropriate usage above).

On 12/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, Chorlton_Latic said:

Really good read, as was Dan Turner's entry. Although his line about singing 'Always look on the bright side of life', and having it returned back at us with gusto after you know what brought back some long since repressed bad memories :bigcry: 

A mate of mine chucked a podcast my way about our 89-94 seasons too. It's a bit shambolic, but it's a fairly nice listen, and I enjoyed it overall.

https://www.acast.com/nessundorma/s2ep3-oldhamathletic1989-1994 

Really enjoyed listening to that, brought the memories flooding back.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Couldn’t help thinking yesterday that , in “days gone by”,the Bury fans would have been stood on the uncovered Rochdale Road end.

That would have been icing on the cake 😁

The side panelling of the Chaddy being damaged won’t have helped keep the away fans warm.

I wonder who was responsible for the damage, quite likely to have been the weather but wouldn’t rule out the likes of Blackburn.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Couldn’t help thinking yesterday that , in “days gone by”,the Bury fans would have been stood on the uncovered Rochdale Road end.

That would have been icing on the cake 😁

Huddled together like Antarctic penguins only to come out and flap their wings and squawk at the ref when our fourth goal was given.