Sign in to follow this  
League one forever

Days gone by v now

18 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

???

Should be felt that.......finbarl Saunders stuff

6 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Should be felt that.......finbarl Saunders stuff

Oldham made hats before it made cotton, hence Roughyeds. Although there is a counter theory that it came from locals being a bit fighty.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

loved reading that. Remember the Liner trips to Cambridge, etc happy days. 

Yes .I went on it to Bournemouth,Wimbledon ,Hull as well.Fab train with disco!!!!

Got Sir James Frizzell's autograph on way back from Bournemouth.Great times indeed a d so glad I have lived through this era.

20 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Edited by Flemboy
  • Upvote 1

There are two good articles in the January 2019 edition of 'When Saturday Comes'. One by Brian Simpson titled 'Team Spirit - Latic Acid', about dropping support for Man U and supporting Latics from Premier League to Checkatrade. The other by Dan Turner titled 'Distant Echoes' about supporting Latics after moving down south.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

There are two good articles in the January 2019 edition of 'When Saturday Comes'. One by Brian Simpson titled 'Team Spirit - Latic Acid', about dropping support for Man U and supporting Latics from Premier League to Checkatrade. The other by Dan Turner titled 'Distant Echoes' about supporting Latics after moving down south.

Really good read, as was Dan Turner's entry. Although his line about singing 'Always look on the bright side of life', and having it returned back at us with gusto after you know what brought back some long since repressed bad memories :bigcry: 

A mate of mine chucked a podcast my way about our 89-94 seasons too. It's a bit shambolic, but it's a fairly nice listen, and I enjoyed it overall.

https://www.acast.com/nessundorma/s2ep3-oldhamathletic1989-1994 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

Really good read, as was Dan Turner's entry. Although his line about singing 'Always look on the bright side of life', and having it returned back at us with gusto after you know what brought back some long since repressed bad memories :bigcry: 

A mate of mine chucked a podcast my way about our 89-94 seasons too. It's a bit shambolic, but it's a fairly nice listen, and I enjoyed it overall.

Yeah that got recommended to me by a mate, not had the chance to listen to it yet but will do.

4 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

I regularly type 'Oldham' into Acast and haven't found much. Nice one. Bedtime listen

Just tried to listen but one chap said yaknow, like, eight times in under a minute and l couldnt handle it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Just tried to listen but one chap said yaknow, like, eight times in under a minute and l couldnt handle it.

If people hit a certain "like" per sentence ratio I have to bail.

It like, doesn't need to like happen and I like can't like stand it. I think Suzie Dent calls it "That twat Steven Gerrard effect".

(No problem with Monty's singular and appropriate usage above).

On 12/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, Chorlton_Latic said:

Really enjoyed listening to that, brought the memories flooding back.

Couldn’t help thinking yesterday that , in “days gone by”,the Bury fans would have been stood on the uncovered Rochdale Road end.

That would have been icing on the cake 😁

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Couldn’t help thinking yesterday that , in “days gone by”,the Bury fans would have been stood on the uncovered Rochdale Road end.

The side panelling of the Chaddy being damaged won’t have helped keep the away fans warm.

I wonder who was responsible for the damage, quite likely to have been the weather but wouldn’t rule out the likes of Blackburn.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Huddled together like Antarctic penguins only to come out and flap their wings and squawk at the ref when our fourth goal was given.

It was freezing yesterday, the temp always seems to drop about 20 mins In

Edited by latics22

39 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It was freezing yesterday, the temp always seems to drop about 20 mins In

Mite be something to do with us rotating away from that big firey thing in the sky

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Huddled together like Antarctic penguins only to come out and flap their wings and squawk at the ref when our fourth goal was given.

Had a real chuckle at that. Very good.