Board and directors

18 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

Does anyone no or heard if Abdullah has any intentions of bringing anyone on in the board room like new directors or even more investment. In summer I wouldn't be surprised to see some new faces on board.

I hope so, one has resigned already, so there are only 4 off the top of my head Al, Brooke, Hill, Owen?

Brooke via the Trust holds the 3% cat B shares and owns his own successful  marketing business., Al 97% and has the contacts and the money,  Owen, off the top of my head is not from a business type back ground but has history/knowledge about the club that could be useful. I don't know much about Hill

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I hope so, one has resigned already, so there are only 4 off the top of my head Al, Brooke, Hill, Owen?

Brooke via the Trust holds the 3% cat B shares and owns his own successful  marketing business., Al 97% and has the contacts and the money,  Owen, off the top of my head is not from a business type back ground but has history/knowledge about the club that could be useful. I don't know much about Hill

hill is something to do with Ryder & Dutton isnt he ?

7 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

It was mentioned on another thread that Abdullah brother and Paul Snoddy (last season's mystery donater)  are board members or will be soon.

He comes in Nando’s regularly with another guy, could well be his brother to be fair.

They were looking through an A3 Sheet with the structure of the club on the other day. 

Is Mr Snoddy the ‘anonymous’ guy who refused to accept his refund after the scoreboard fund raiser fiasco? £7500 or so if I remember correctly? The club had to reveal his identity as their credibility was shot and a large section of supporters were sceptical, myself included. Sorry if it’s been mentioned in another thread. I also remember there being a thinly veiled dig at supporters who wished to be reimbursed. Not sure if that was from the wealthy donors or from the club itself.

Edited by johnafoafc

9 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

He comes in Nando’s regularly with another guy, could well be his brother to be fair.

They were looking through an A3 Sheet with the structure of the club on the other day. 

At least that's better than on the back of a fag packet.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe SC has just borrowed AL a football club to spunk his money on for a year or two.

It has crossed my mind that the structure of the takeover may be that AL can have a go at using Latics as a vehicle for his contacts and players and, if he decides it's not for him, hand it back to Corney again.  Purely speculation on my part though.

2 hours ago, blueatheart said:

Nearly a month since the ‘takeover’ went through and companies house hasn’t been updated.

There isn't actually an obligation to do so until the annual confirmation statement is due (but that's two months overdue itself.....!)

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There isn't actually an obligation to do so until the annual confirmation statement is due (but that's two months overdue itself.....!)

One could deduce the actions/decisions of any HMRC investigation might come before any accounts are published.....?

On 18/02/2018 at 11:57 AM, OldHallam said:

Hes a director in R&D since 2006 and has Auction House as well. Likes an Aston Martin and occasionally pops up on Homes under the hammer on TV.  Decent bloke when I have spoken to him cares about club. 

Very decent bloke but from what I've heard he is the only one of the lot that goes to away games. He may be kept on so we've always got a representative at away games

1 hour ago, Oafc1895 said:

Very decent bloke but from what I've heard he is the only one of the lot that goes to away games. He may be kept on so we've always got a representative at away games

Or Mr Snoddy, considering he is a fan. 

Always thought Hill was on the board for his local real estate knowledge. Don't think AL needs that currently. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Or Mr Snoddy, considering he is a fan. 

Always thought Hill was on the board for his local real estate knowledge. Don't think AL needs that currently. 

Free meeting room usage for potential new manager interviews

3 hours ago, Oafc1895 said:

That would be a really shit reason to keep someone on the board.