a mural ?

read a thread on facebook  about the old mural on the wall of the iron foundry where tesco is now by featherstall road roundabout can just about remember it myself . now my question is could we have something similar painted onto the gable end of one of the old terrace houses across from the chaddy featuring club badges and former greats with the homeowner permission of course  ?

fund it from donations from supporters  trust involvement ?

just throwing it out there as an idea  

Edited by peanuts

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

read a thread on facebook  about the old mural on the wall of the iron foundry where tesco is now by featherstall road roundabout can just about remember it myself . now my question is could we have something similar painted onto the gable end of one of the old terrace houses across from the chaddy featuring club badges and former greats with the homeowner permission of course  ?

fund it from donations from supporters  trust involvement ?

just throwing it out there as an idea  

I am sure the owner of the property would just love that

7 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

It could be beautifully adorned with some giant white elephants. Oldham college art project possibly?

The stand opposite the main stand at Peterborough includes all the shirts from the club's history in the concourse.

It really impressed me.

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

North Stand is really depressing looking. Has no Latics identity whatsoever.

Shame they couldn’t do something similar to Preston ie have a big clock on it flanked by the club name in capital letters or have a large club crest on it in the centre.

17 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Hadn't thought about that but it's so poor.

It doesn't shock me in the slightest either.

North Stand is really depressing looking. Has no Latics identity whatsoever.

Cos it doesn’t belong to us and the duo of Blitz and Gazal won’t allow any signage on it, hence the reason TLH Auctioneers who sponsor it - or at least did this time last year never had anything there to say as much 

in saying that - the two end Stantions have the badge on them so there is some identity 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

49 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Cos it doesn’t belong to us and the duo of Blitz and Gazal won’t allow any signage on it, hence the reason TLH Auctioneers who sponsor it - or at least did this time last year never had anything there to say as much 

in saying that - the two end Stantions have the badge on them so there is some identity 

Can you even see them from inside the ground?

57 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Shame they couldn’t do something similar to Preston ie have a big clock on it flanked by the club name in capital letters or have a large club crest on it in the centre.

Pretty much. A few flags, the club name, a clock, a mural. Not hard really.

52 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Nope - I wasn’t supporting the identity thing, the stand aside from obviously being an upgrade on what was there before in terms of facilities it is very bland and grey looking from the other side of the pitch 

See that's the problem. I don't think the facilities for regular fans is actually an improvement. It's all too cramped, only the fact the whole stand is now covered is an improvement. 

The posh seats is definitely an improvement.