Bury (A)

We’re going to need a couple of away wins to stay up. We’ve not won on the road since Wellens’ second game at Portsmouth in September. This is definitely one we should be looking at to take all 3 points. 

We’ll sell the full 2,200 with ease, as a club of our size should be doing. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

We’re going to need a couple of away wins to stay up. We’ve not won on the road since Wellens’ second game at Portsmouth in September. This is definitely one we should be looking at to take all 3 points. 

We’ll sell the full 2,200 with ease, as a club of our size should be doing. 

They've lost one in seven.  Not a pushover

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

They've lost one in seven.  Not a pushover

Yep, it’s not going to be an easy game for sure. I rate Bury’s squad a lot, don’t know why it’s gone so badly wrong for them this season. But, with 4 away games left against those around us, we will be needing at least 2 wins imo.

33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yep, it’s not going to be an easy game for sure. I rate Bury’s squad a lot, don’t know why it’s gone so badly wrong for them this season. But, with 4 away games left against those around us, we will be needing at least 2 wins imo.

Lee Clark

Will be very very busy this... could be similar to that time we sold it out and had fans in their end. 

1. A must win 

2. A very local game that we usually take good numbers to 

3. A lot of Oldham fans haven’t had their football fix for weeks 

4. So late in the season

One for the #numbers lads. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You don't recall anyone blaming our bad defensive record on Clarke or claiming his legs had gone or even claiming Bury were as good as gone now they'd signed him? 

Well I do.

That wasn’t what you said in your earlier post though was it.   Clarke and Gerrard couldn’t play together any more in my opinion. Wellens thought so too.  I’ll take his opinion over yours. 

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That wasn’t what you said in your earlier post though was it.   Clarke and Gerrard couldn’t play together any more in my opinion. Wellens thought so too.  I’ll take his opinion over yours. 

Hopefully he will be right but as it stands our defence is no better with Gerrard and A.N Other than it was with Gerrard alongside Clarke.

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hopefully he will be right but as it stands our defence is no better with Gerrard and A.N Other than it was with Gerrard alongside Clarke.

I'll have to disagree with that, we've looked far more solid with Bryan and Gerrard/Clarke

Don't forget the reason we shipped out Clarke was to free up wages to strengthen in other areas. We only needed one of Gerrard or Clarke and I thought it made sense until Gerrard took a knock but the rest should have him right now. We'll know if its the right decision come the end of the season

Being cheerful having just attempted to release my car from the snow and ice, never seen so much ice on it, I suspect the winter break will continue through this weekend and could even make it to next weekend.  The long term forecast has the Bury weekend not so cold but freezing nights and snow snow snow and never to be forgotten some freezing rain.

They keep on telling me how cold it is but it doesn't seem that cold until you see what it can do to your car.  If the wind picks up this lovely soft dry stuff will drift for fun.