Bury (A)

29 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

That reminded me of a great joke by Milton Jones: "My grandma covered my grandad's back with lard – he went downhill very quickly after that."

I worked for a large French insurance company who used to sponsor the FA Cup.  Our division was looking at sponsorship of the British bobsleigh team until I suggested a few slogans:

Going downhill fast 

On a slippery slope

On thin ice.....

6 hours ago, pukka said:

How long is the beast from the east supposed to last for? Will this game be on? Pitches are notoriously bobbins after snow too. Can imagine this being a battle.

When it fades ways no doubt we will have the pest from the west.

Usually just go on the Tram for this and drink in town, but I can’t next week and I’ll be driving. So 2 questions, does anyone know any pubs near the ground which has sky sports? Liverpool v Utd next week and I’ll be with a Liverpool fan so need somewere to watch the full game? Also anywere decent to park? Ideally near the pub and stadium as I’m going with someone who can’t walk too far. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Usually just go on the Tram for this and drink in town, but I can’t next week and I’ll be driving. So 2 questions, does anyone know any pubs near the ground which has sky sports? Liverpool v Utd next week and I’ll be with a Liverpool fan so need somewere to watch the full game? Also anywere decent to park? Ideally near the pub and stadium as I’m going with someone who can’t walk too far. Cheers.

We went in the Staff of Life after the game last time. Massive doorman said, "Oldham or Bury," and we said, "Liverpool." Sky Sports on. It's rough as fuck though.

24 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We went in the Staff of Life after the game last time. Massive doorman said, "Oldham or Bury," and we said, "Liverpool." Sky Sports on. It's rough as fuck though.

Rough as fuck is an understatement

34 minutes ago, daniel said:

Think the Swan and Cemetery had Sky Sports but not sure if it does now. There's the Rose and Crown too which I think has Sky Sports but that's about a mile from the ground. 

Best place to park near the ground is across Manchester Road think if you get there early enough it's a short walk. Or you can park beyond the ground around the Cemetery. No pubs near there though. 

56 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Last time I went in there it looked like everyones noses were touching their ears and that was just the women...

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Was that the one that reeked of wet dog?

6 hours ago, pukka said:

Is it all ticket? Or Pay on the day?

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I would think you would be well advised to get a ticket, after the fiasco of a couple of seasons ago. Although even having a ticket on that occasion didn't guarantee entry.

Barry will make sure our fans are looked after so everything will be tickety boo.

Joking apart that game five years ago (when Matt Smith scores a late winner) was a farce in terms of ticketing. At least 500 Latics fans locked out, some with tickets, despite thousands of empty seats in the ground.  Very little sympathy for those fans offered from our club hierarchy IIRC. Bury were on Granada reports the following week bleating on about how close they were to going to the wall.

Edited by johnafoafc

On 28/02/2018 at 10:30 AM, Dick_Valentine said:

What did the Blackpool fans actually do, set fire to it?? 

There was a (or maybe several?) flare(s) let off in the refreshments area by fans of my 92nd. favourite football club.

Must be worse than it was reported for the whole end to be still closed weeks later though, unless we're skint again.

Shame for you lot, the Cemy End is a lot better than the Manchester Road End.