Scary final day fixtures....

18 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Could be a very tasty and nervy last day of the season with 7 out of the current bottom 8 playing each other!! Dale will be down by then anyway.....

Wimbledon v Bury

Shrewsbury v MKD

Fleetwood v Walsall

Northampton v Latics

For Northampton it will. They will be fifth bottom on goal difference over Fleetwood and we will be 7th, 2 points behind Shrewsbury. MKD will already be relegated.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I prefer pessimism with the possibility of expectations being exceeded....

For the last 2 years it hasnt gone down to the wire we were safe officially with 1 to go in 2017 and 2 games in 2016.

For the purposes of the pessimism optimism balance we will get a twatting as we will down tools and give some of our youngsters their annual first team outing as Northampton fight like bastards in an attempt to stay up.

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We will be safe by then don't worry

Lets hope so and the last game be a none event as at Wimbledon last season.

I will be however just in case....be buying my ticket nice and early as from recollection Northamptons away end is not very big and only holds about 1000 which we would fill 4 times over if there was something on the game.

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I reckon it will be a lot closer than other people seem to think...

You still think we’ll struggle? 

I think/hope we’ll have just enough, but as you say it will be tight. I don’t think 50 will be enough either. I think it’s gonna be more 53/54 this year. It’s very competitive for that last relegation place. 

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I reckon it will be a lot closer than other people seem to think...

I think we'll rekindle a late, unlikely, ultimately fruitless playoff push yet...

But I've been known to be wrong. 

I can't see us being anywhere near relegation though unless this mini fixture backlog fucks us...

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think we'll rekindle a late, unlikely, ultimately fruitless playoff push yet...

But I've been known to be wrong. 

I can't see us being anywhere near relegation though unless this mini fixture backlog fucks us...

We’ve been in decent form and that’s without the best striker in the league. When he’s back we’ll be absolutely fine.

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I quite like the idea of thousands of us descending on Northampton absolutely shitting ourselves..... 

I don’t. My wife’s friends - who I don’t even know that well - are getting married that day. The selfish b@stards.

Edited by lookersstandandy

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don’t. My wife’s friends - who I don’t even know that well - are getting married that day. The selfish b@stards.

Good job we didn't go for your original idea for the mediocrity medal, then. 

Edited by rudemedic

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2018 at 4:55 PM, Londonboy said:

Could be a very tasty and nervy last day of the season with 7 out of the current bottom 8 playing each other!! Dale will be down by then anyway.....

Wimbledon v Bury

Shrewsbury v MKD

Fleetwood v Walsall

Northampton v Latics

Adding Shrewsbury v Oxford, and Dale (who are clearly not down) v Charlton to these. Its going to go all the way baby!!