Portsmouth (H)

This today was garbage.  Last week we got away with it.  Not one player played well, fully deserved to lose.

Didnt test the keeper really, says it all.  Sidewards and backwards passing at a snails pace in these conditions.... no idea what the plan was with that.

Can someone please tell Byrne we are not fukin Arsenal so stop trying to play through the middle of 8 players, when whoever he passes to has clearly no chance at all.  The amount of times he went sidewards and backwards and slowed us today was criminal.  Not his type if game today.  Not saying hes not a good player, just not good today.

Started with the wrong line up today i feel, McLaughlin in my opinion shouldnt start again as he brings nothing.  What has happened to Nepo?   

Forwards had nothing to go on.  Midfield rubbish and Jonny and Bryan with a rare poor display.

Pretty angry watching that, we need a firm kick up the ass and some balance to the team.

MOM- the fukin snow, had a blinder.

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Really not sure RW knows his best team or tactics. If we can stay up we need to try and find a leader or two and a bit of competitive spine as this lot are weak. Plus we won’t have Doyle so somehow need to find another goalscorer 

I have a feeling (and another posters (with a very good record) affirmation) that we will have Doyle 

Crap game which should have been abandoned.Having said that Pompey played better and seemed to have an extra player and out muscled us.No one came out with any credit and I feel cheated today by the weather but it's the same conditions for both teams.

Bloody Nora what a piss poor match, it was like watching a training games

clearly we weren't up for it, didn't look like anyone wanted to play. Maybe they were hoping for the match to be abandoned.  no leader onthe pitch, too much tippy tappy stuff, no one moving or asking for the ball and the weather. Cant heap any praise on anyone and we all knew that jOnny would cost us the odd match when pissing about in his own box.

ive not seen cray weather like that a BP.one minute a white out, 5 mins later sunshine and blue sky. Crazy, talking about crazy why didn't the ref take both teams off whilst they were discussing the weather/match abandoned...10 mins of chuffing deciding what to do.

crazy, crazy match and Pmpey deserve the points, I can only think wd had  about three shots on target.

Edited by underdog

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I actually thought Gardner was one of our better players. Poor performance and as soon as 11 mi utes went up on the board I'd had enough. Freezing cold and if we had played all night we wouldnt have scored.

I thought that too. In the second half when they were sitting back on their lead, he seemed to be the only one playing with any urgency.

Shit performance, shit game, shit weather. We move on.

• Like 1

Absolute shambles that, did I hear on the tannoy Byrne MOTM? Laughable if so, he really pissed me off today, he has to be involved in everything we do, he must have touched the ball 200 times today, but did zero things which were positive. Don’t want to see Mclaughlin play for us again, not interested, strange that he started to be fair! We definately need a new keeper next year, Johnny is pretty terrible, he was OK at first with his fancy shit, but he just looks dodgy as fuck every week and his shop stopping is pretty rank! 

Oh and i’m sick of reading (not so much on here) the conditions were awful, absolute bollocks excuse that, we were crap and didn’t show any desire at all, Portsmouth looked more dangerous and should have scored more. I’d be getting the entire team in first thing in the morning, they don’t deserve a day off!

16 minutes ago, daniel said:

Oh and i’m sick of reading (not so much on here) the conditions were awful, absolute bollocks excuse that, we were crap and didn’t show any desire at all, Portsmouth looked more dangerous and should have scored more. I’d be getting the entire team in first thing in the morning, they don’t deserve a day off!

Quite right, we are deep in the shit and those players should be fighting for every point, after that they'd be in all day tomorrow, not only to watch their piss poor performance but to also break into a sweat something that many of them couldn't be arsed to do today, no game now for a couple of week and they gave fuck all, sorry not good enough and RW is starting to make some strange decisions again.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Really not sure RW knows his best team or tactics. If we can stay up we need to try and find a leader or two and a bit of competitive spine as this lot are weak. Plus we won’t have Doyle so somehow need to find another goalscorer 

The team is unbalanced on the flanks, cover for one full back but not the other - which opposition teams inevitably exploit early on.

This plus the fact Davies can't hold up the ball (he was poor again) is giving the opposition the initiative.

How Byrne got man of the match is beyond me as he constantly ran into trouble and was weak when closed down.

Placide was always an accident waiting to happen, he did pull off a couple of good saves though.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Whole team pretty poor, but McLaughlin and Gardner today.... !*%##

Byrne mom!? Are you sure?

Gardner had a very good first half, but had to drop deep in the 2nd due to the introduction of the attacking subs.

Why Fane stayed on when 2 nil down is a mystery, he adds no creativity whatsoever.

I agree about McLaughlin and Byrne, but thought by far the worst was Davies.

Wilson did little wrong.

Edited by BP1960

2nd goal killed it today.  Not surprised how it came about because I think we have all been waiting all season for it to happen.

Having said that I thought 2nd half RW got it wrong tactically. I could have played centre half for pompey today without too much effort. 

I would have taken Fane off and put Hunt on wide and left McLaughlin on. Stretched their back 4 more and thrown more balls into the box and put more pressure on them. We went down without a fight.

Powder puff stuff and worrying at this stage of the season.

Edited by losesome

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Hopefully this isn’t the start of a run akin to the one we had from mid-December to February. Last two performances have been absolutely shocking. 

But we got a point in our last shocking performance - in our previous bad runs we just lost and lost and lost - we will be ok