Portsmouth (H)

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The other issue is our lack of options in centre midfield which do appear to be limited personally I would like to see us go to 3-5-2 which I feel might work best with our current team.

I reckon that Byrne, McEleny and Gardner can do a decent job centre mid.  

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Fair point but its not just Fanes job to protect the back 4 others have to contribute too plus the defense themselves has to take some responsibility for the goals conceded

Well seeing as though he cannot pass forward, rarely goes past an opponent, never heads the ball and

never ever gets anywhere near shooting or crossing the ball never mind scoring WTF is he doing then?

The best way to defend is to use the ball well and put the pressure onto the oppposition-but it is hard with 10 men!

Gardner should be playing in that position, I cannot believe that Wellens cannot see it yet.

49 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Well seeing as though he cannot pass forward, rarely goes past an opponent, never heads the ball and

never ever gets anywhere near shooting or crossing the ball never mind scoring WTF is he doing then?

The best way to defend is to use the ball well and put the pressure onto the oppposition-but it is hard with 10 men!

Gardner should be playing in that position, I cannot believe that Wellens cannot see it yet.

Because he is the only midfielder we have right now capable of winning the ball back he does it better than all the other midfielders. While far from a world beater he needs to be in the team until we can get someone who can do that job better.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

:sleeping: 

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because he is the only midfielder we have right now capable of winning the ball back he does it better than all the other midfielders. While far from a world beater he needs to be in the team until we can get someone who can do that job better.

Bryan would do far better job there IMO but we seem wedded to idea that he has to play centre back.

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Probably because hes been our best defender this season. Id be reluctant to move him.

Not much in way of competition for that honour to be fair.

Think we need to try something different as teams are running through midfield too easily.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not much in way of competition for that honour to be fair.

Think we need to try something different as teams are running through midfield too easily.

It was mentioned about Edmondson starting at the back for Bryan and Bryan playing the CDM role, seems reasonable to me and may allow us to use Bryan further up the pitch at times like we did at Fleetwood. He could pull the strings from that position even though he'd be a miss at the back.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It was mentioned about Edmondson starting at the back for Bryan and Bryan playing the CDM role, seems reasonable to me and may allow us to use Bryan further up the pitch at times like we did at Fleetwood. He could pull the strings from that position even though he'd be a miss at the back.

Bryan would ok at left back. 

Could Moimbe play left wing I wonder? 

Need a similar balance on the right.. Hunt and...? 

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:dunce: Move your best defender because the defensive midfielder is shite? :laught16:

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

This the same Gardner that struggles to stop players going past him? Nah...rather keep a spoiler like Fane in there for that job (but admittedly he has to do that job much much better than he has the past few games.)

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Probably because hes been our best defender this season. Id be reluctant to move him.

Which isn't saying a lot, considering the number of goals we've shipped this season.

Edited by boundaryblue80

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Bryan would ok at left back. 

Could Moimbe play left wing I wonder? 

Need a similar balance on the right.. Hunt and...? 

He probably could but it’d Be pointless as whenever he gets forward into a bit of space no bugger passes to him!

20 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

:dunce: Move your best defender because the defensive midfielder is shite? :laught16:

He's a fill in centre back, not powerful enough or strong in the air IMO. if Matt Mills had been signed he'd be in defensive midfield or left back.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Bryan is good when facing the ball, he isn't very good at jumping or facing his own goal.

But if the only alternative is Brian Wilson then leave him where he is.

Edmundson? 

Edited by BP1960

On 22/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, HarryBosch said:

Byrne and Fane both being shite for a few games is why we've been shite.

Think this has more to do with Byrne being out the game by being wide, and us playing on some horrid pitches.

Defensively we have been horrid all season. Fane doesnt help that much at either end in my opinion. Dont buy into this his tackling helps us defensively, cos we still concede loads.