Portsmouth (H)

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Don’t get me wrong he’s alright and now and again does well whilst taking on his man but too often just loses the ball up top because he picks it up then it never looks fully under control so he runs at half speed.

Well he ran away from the Bury defence on Saturday to set up the first goal and seemed to do similar at Blackburn so if that's half pace he must be well fast at full speed!!

9 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Sounds likethe defence improved during the Bury game, stick with the later line up?

Defence wasn’t actually the issue on Saturday, it was the midfield. They were nowhere to be seen and the gap between defence and midfield was huge. If Gerrard is fit then I’d imagine it will be same team apart from Doyle for Nazon.

14 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Defence wasn’t actually the issue on Saturday, it was the midfield. They were nowhere to be seen and the gap between defence and midfield was huge. If Gerrard is fit then I’d imagine it will be same team apart from Doyle for Nazon.

The defence will always be deep with Gerrard, whether you like him or not. Wilson was unlucky not to start ahead of both him and Clarke when they were both poor.

23 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well he ran away from the Bury defence on Saturday to set up the first goal and seemed to do similar at Blackburn so if that's half pace he must be well fast at full speed!!

As I said he’s alright.

He also did an aimless toe bung from 6 yards out that came off the outside of his foot. Should have buried that. Doyle would have.

Also, his “cross” to Davies was another aimless toe bung that thankfully took a deflection right into the path of Davies.

Don’t think I’m slagging the lad off because I think he shoes the odd glimpse like against Blackburn, but if Doyle is ready, then Nazon can sit on the bench and learn from him for me.

On 13/03/2018 at 6:39 AM, Smiler13 said:

I agree with you watched it on IFollow and thought he had a good game except for the booking which I thought was kind of soft seeing there where tackles coming in from their players which where far more dangerous that never got a booking. Mombie saved us in the last few minutes. Christ what do people want from a player blood????

Well said!

Folk saying he was targeted...of course he was targeted, he made a rash tackle and got booked very early on so it's what any team would do. Hopefully he will cut that out of his game as he progresses. Also, I thought he held up well to being targeted especially as the midfield offered no protection whatsoever. More so in the 2nd half where he ran the ball out of defence and got fouled on the halfway line a few times relieving the pressure. It's funny nobody says a word about Dummigan who's petrified to stick a tackle in and got ran all over the place. If Hunt plays on Saturday it'd be at RB, not LB. Moimbe is raw and is getting used to the pace of English football. Keeps progressing as he is and we will have a very good player.

26 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Well said!

Folk saying he was targeted...of course he was targeted, he made a rash tackle and got booked very early on so it's what any team would do. Hopefully he will cut that out of his game as he progresses. Also, I thought he held up well to being targeted especially as the midfield offered no protection whatsoever. More so in the 2nd half where he ran the ball out of defence and got fouled on the halfway line a few times relieving the pressure. It's funny nobody says a word about Dummigan who's petrified to stick a tackle in and got ran all over the place. If Hunt plays on Saturday it'd be at RB, not LB. Moimbe is raw and is getting used to the pace of English football. Keeps progressing as he is and we will have a very good player.

Moimbe reminds me of pascal chimbonda. (Obviously not as good) But the same slight frame, likes to get forward and pick a pass, and he’s a bit of a nutter. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Moimbe reminds me of pascal chimbonda. (Obviously not as good) But the same slight frame, likes to get forward and pick a pass, and he’s a bit of a nutter. ?

Pascal chimbonda , the one who had his transfer request letter down his sock whilst playing in Wigan’s last game of the season at Arsenal or Chelsea 

where is he now?

6 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Pascal chimbonda , the one who had his transfer request letter down his sock whilst playing in Wigan’s last game of the season at Arsenal or Chelsea 

where is he now?

Playing non-league football in Washington (that's DC rathen than near Newcastle) if Wiki is to be belieived

35 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

where is he now?

He handed it to Paul Jewell in the dressing room after Wigan had beat Arsenal in the League Cup Semi-final to get to the final against Manchester United.

Fantastic Timing!

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Well said!

Provided we get to sign him. Hopefully we have an option past end of this season, but I haven't seen anything about that. 

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

Not a chance this game will be on.

Looking at the forecast, my phone app is saying -1 and no higher than freezing. I'm not sure what the club can do to get the game on but it is looking increasingly dodgy at the moment. Not ideal, given the good run. Hopefully, if it is called off, it happens before the Portsmouth fans begin their long journey.

• Like 1

I know it always looks like we will need more but 51 points has been enough for the last ten years. We need a point a game from here and I don’t doubt we will get more. Moimbe is slight but tougher than he looks. Difficult choice if Hunt is fit. I just want to see our class player so hope Doyle will start. 

Just now, Hands on said:

I know it always looks like we will need more but 51 points has been enough for the last ten years. We need a point a game from here and I don’t doubt we will get more. Moimbe is slight but tougher than he looks. Difficult choice if Hunt is fit. I just want to see our class player so hope Doyle will start. 

Has Hunt ever played on the right for us? Must be worth a look at least.

58 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Looking at the forecast, my phone app is saying -1 and no higher than freezing. I'm not sure what the club can do to get the game on but it is looking increasingly dodgy at the moment. Not ideal, given the good run. Hopefully, if it is called off, it happens before the Portsmouth fans begin their long journey.

3 or 4 Hot air blowers would do it...we hired 3 for work last week when the heating failed in our workshops which are of a similar size to the area in question. They really aren’t expensive (£350) even to buy outright. 

If the club wanted the game on that badly there are ways & means!