Portsmouth (H)

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

While others went the Lomax, Mvoto route. I know its an opinions games but at times i find it extraordinary what grown adults see when they watch a football match at Boundary Park.

It was me of course who wanted to try Eardley in midfield, like when he smashed a brilliant goal with either foot at Crewe :first:

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I know what you're saying but I wonder if fullback is a position where you can look poorer than you are at our level through having to do so much and being constantly exposed through lack of support that you'd get at a higher level/in a better side?

I'm not Dummigan's biggest fan either but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a regular in a Championship side 2 or 3 years from now. 

Like Grounds and Eardley. Neither of them looked like world beaters for us but, in hindsight, were clearly better than us...  

I never ever got the Eardley bashing. Really puzzled me that one. Must admit, I didn't see Grounds carving a career at a higher level though.

Dummigan CAN have a very good game but they're very rare. And sometimes, he has the odd decent game. That's not in doubt. He can also be poor and sometimes, like at Bury, be dreadful too though. I don't agree with managers calling players out but the last 2 managers have both called him out this season (Walsall away and Shrewsbury "back-heel" away.) Those were for bad decisions on the ball that led to goals. My biggest concern is his inability to put tackles in and just back off and back off. Bury had a field-day with him...one of which led to Placide pulling a tidy save over the ball after Dummigan failed to tackle, then let his man go round him and cut into the box. It happens nearly every game...some games we get away with it, some we don't. I've even seen Byrne drop deeper to help him out at times. People can say he doesn't get enough protection from players infront if they like, but I'm talking about 1 on 1 situations and on the ball. He's not done enough for me this season and I'd like to see Hunt given a run of games. Probably won't happen but I can keep on hoping for it.

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I never ever got the Eardley bashing. Really puzzled me that one. Must admit, I didn't see Grounds carving a career at a higher level though.

Dummigan CAN have a very good game but they're very rare. And sometimes, he has the odd decent game. That's not in doubt. He can also be poor and sometimes, like at Bury, be dreadful too though. I don't agree with managers calling players out but the last 2 managers have both called him out this season (Walsall away and Shrewsbury "back-heel" away.) Those were for bad decisions on the ball that led to goals. My biggest concern is his inability to put tackles in and just back off and back off. Bury had a field-day with him...one of which led to Placide pulling a tidy save over the ball after Dummigan failed to tackle, then let his man go round him and cut into the box. It happens nearly every game...some games we get away with it, some we don't. I've even seen Byrne drop deeper to help him out at times. People can say he doesn't get enough protection from players infront if they like, but I'm talking about 1 on 1 situations and on the ball. He's not done enough for me this season and I'd like to see Hunt given a run of games. Probably won't happen but I can keep on hoping for it.

Dummigan is awful defensively imo, not seen much to suggest otherwise. He can be very good going forward, though, so I’d consider giving him a run of games on the wing if/when we’re safe.

Well all joking aside i would love to see a game with the old orange ball..

Remember some great times in the 80s chucking snowballs at oppo keepers..

Watford1981

Blackburn 1981

Blackburn 1985 ( i think)

Bradford 1986 fa cup

Pussies cancel matches for a dusting these days..:mad:

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

It’s 10 degrees!! No way no way no way pitch can possibly freeze in less than 24 hours with covers on.

I agree with you. It's only one night of frost, which shouldn't be a problem. When the Southend game was called off we had had several nights of much colder temperatures than it's going to be tonight. The snow won't be a problem as it can be swept off the covers and won't be too slippery outside the ground.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

It’s 10 degrees!! No way no way no way pitch can possibly freeze in less than 24 hours with covers on.

Well I have it on very good authority that there is no way the game will be on. If not frost, then snow or possibly rising damp. I've arranged to go shopping for wardrobe handles in IKEA tomorrow afternoon. Won't even bother checking for the confirmation it's off.

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

:lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Well I have it on very good authority that there is no way the game will be on. If not frost, then snow or possibly rising damp. I've arranged to go shopping for wardrobe handles in IKEA tomorrow afternoon. Won't even bother checking for the confirmation it's off.

It wont be on, much to my displeasure.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

If thats the case then they should call it off now.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Why would we want the game to be off? I know we are half decent on Tuesday’s but jesus!

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If thats the case then they should call it off now.

14 minutes ago, daniel said:

Why would we want the game to be off? I know we are half decent on Tuesday’s but jesus!

The clue I wasn't being serious might be in saying the game might be called off by rising damp. (BTW I haven't seen anyone saying they want it called off - even the harbinger of doom )

9 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The clue I wasn't being serious might be in saying the game might be called off by rising damp. (BTW I haven't seen anyone saying they want it called off - even the harbinger of doom )

I didn’t see the rising damp bit, teach me to read things fully next time ?. I see they have now issued a warning on the O/S, they’ll do everything to get the game on so it’ll be fine.....

My understanding is the game will be on until 3 minutes before kickoff at which point George aka Topoff will stand bollock naked in front of the 1000 Pompey fans and announce that the game has been postponed and they are being kept in the stadium for 45 minutes for their own safety ?

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

If this is off and with the Walsall match being postponed, it could be another two weeks without a game.

Could the match be re-arranged for Tuesday / Wednesday next week - as Portsmouth's next match is at home the following Sunday - or do we have to give more notice?

Just seen the latest forecast for the weekend which isn't good.Looks like snow tonight and freezing and same for Sunday.

Really hope it's wrong since this is a game we can win and Sunday I'm off to see the Hollies at the Lowry.I live up in them tha hills above Oldham and  just prayer that I can get to both.

12 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

My understanding is the game will be on until 3 minutes before kickoff at which point George aka Topoff will stand bollock naked in front of the 1000 Pompey fans and announce that the game has been postponed and they are being kept in the stadium for 45 minutes for their own safety ?

Just hope those Pompey <unwelcome homophobic slur> haven't been watching Corrie tonight then