Portsmouth (H)

If the wind don't blow, which it is and will, a nice covering of snow on the frost covers would do the trick.  Unfortunately if we have a blizzard with subzero air temperatures the pitch could freeze quickly once the covers are removed.  Hopefully the Met Office are over egging the forecast due to the Fish factor and all will be well.

PS It just started snowing as forecast.  

7 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Well I have it on very good authority that there is no way the game will be on. If not frost, then snow or possibly rising damp. I've arranged to go shopping for wardrobe handles in IKEA tomorrow afternoon. Won't even bother checking for the confirmation it's off.

Is his authority the wife by any chance?

As for going shopping in IKEA - it always reminds me of the scene in the film Midnight Express - you know the one.. (younger forum members just ask your dad).

As for the game  tomorrow - if they are going to call it off then do it early as I’m setting off at 9:00 am ?

9 hours ago, rigsby said:

Well lets see who comes out on top in me and montys little duel.

Monty is 100/1 im afraid.

I’ll have £50 at them odds please.

I’d say something like prepare to look like a right cock, but your posts since you joined have already seen to that.

Hoping this latest embarrassment teaches you to shut the fuck up a little bit..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I’d say something like prepare to look like a right cock, but your posts since you joined have already seen to that.

You really are a sad act 'monty' :D

We'll see who looks a cock in a few hours :D

PS your coming across as a bit of an angry man, a shame that you resort to pitiful insults that will fly straight back in your face in a few hours time, have a nice day..

Edited by rigsby

I was pretty sure it was going to be off, but on my way to work at the minute. It's cold, but not THAT cold. The ground is hard, but with give in it. With frost covers on, that should be enough in my opinion.

If temps drop dramatically between covers off and kick off, then we'll be off - otherwise - game on.

2 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

The Rigsby Monty Burns bet is spicing up, its bucketing down with snow in Royton at the moment!

Hehe..

I dont mind a bit of fun but im afraid monty burns is turning into a bit of a silly keyboard warrior .. :-(

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

3 hours ago, rigsby said:

PS your coming across as a bit of an angry man, a shame that you resort to pitiful insults that will fly straight back in your face in a few hours time, have a nice day..

The trouble with cock fighting is that you might have to wear jeans in the morning. I dont envy either of you

Well just 'walked' the dogs.  Lost a fence panel.  Not much snow and the sun is shining but you can't play football in this blizzard because it gets in you eyes.  So I suspect that even if the game starts it will be abandoned. 

5 hours ago, rigsby said:

6 minutes ago, rigsby said:

:petesake:

Sweet jesus icant win.

Monty knob jockey will never let it lie if its on... but then again i really want the match to go ahead...

:lol:

Can you talk me through your opinion on pitiful insults please? 

21 minutes ago, rigsby said:

:petesake:

Sweet jesus icant win.

Monty knob jockey will never let it lie if its on... but then again i really want the match to go ahead...

:lol:

4 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Are u his bum chum or something?

He has gotten personal..not me..iam just returning the complimemt.

Homophobia rears its ugly head:

Mods , have a word with him.