Tonight’s games.

27 minutes ago, astottie said:

stuffer for oxford though

Please, please don't tell me you're feeling sorry for Fat Twat Robinson. Five games in now and he still hasn't won one. Cracking effort. Shame Charlton couldn't equalise, but I don't mind Wimbledon staying up as long as it's not at our expense.

Edited by Bristolatic

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Please, please don't tell me you're feeling sorry for Fat Twat Robinson. Five games in now and he still hasn't won one. Cracking effort. Shame Charlton couldn't equalise, but I don't mind Wimbledon staying up as long as it's not at our expense.

the point i was making was that it was a bad result for Oxford.

re Wimbledon I remain to be convinced by the love in they receive. there is an argument that says what they have done to Kingstonian is not that much different to what MKD did to them

10 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Win tomorrow draw Saturday draw versus Dale ( a cannot lose game at all costs ) we will stumble over the line.

If we win these 2 home games, Dale isnt half as important as that. In fact it becomes not too much of a game for us.

10 hours ago, astottie said:

the point i was making was that it was a bad result for Oxford.

re Wimbledon I remain to be convinced by the love in they receive. there is an argument that says what they have done to Kingstonian is not that much different to what MKD did to them

I did understand your point. The comment about feeling sorry for Robinson was very much tongue in cheek. I apologise if you thought it was anything else.

Yes, Wimbledon have not behaved well with their stadium issues, but I don't think it quite compares with what happened with MK. 

It's an argument that can go on for a long time and, of course, there will be different points of view. Despite what has happened with Kingstonian, it's a hell of an achievement to build a club out of nothing and get this far. MK, in my eyes, "stole" an existing club and moved it 60 miles away with little thought for their supporters.

In the meantime, all we want is Latics to stay in League 1, irrespective of what happens elsewhere.

Edited by Bristolatic

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

As said in the other thread if so fuck him off now - I don’t care how decent he has been he has just cost us a massive 2 points 

Easier said than done, though, as decent players are required. He may never play for Latics again or he may just come in for the last two and put in two more decent performances that help stave off relegation. Knee-jerk reactions can be costly.

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

To be fair he’s a walking red card, he’s lucky to not have been sent of more than the twice he has. What was his record before he came here?

True but there have been a lot of good players in the history of football who have been red card magnets.

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

As said in the other thread if so fuck him off now - I don’t care how decent he has been he has just cost us a massive 2 points 

The Loss of 2 points was the inept first 44 minutes display. In fact we could have well and truly lost the game before Nazon goal. 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Fair point but the penalty is what actually lost us the game 

You mean the two points...which it wouldn't have, had the first half been more productive in terms of chances and goals taken.
Your comment still stands, though.

• 3 weeks later...