Tonight’s games.

10 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

If Bury were gone, so were franchise. Dogdale have dropped two home points and now can't overtake us by winning all their games in hand. The Lasher's were above us anyway. It's being so cheerful that keeps you going.

Hi Mr Mikey, I do (very much) like your contributions, but I think that we may perhaps be in danger of looking at everything this bloke says through a doom coloured filter. It seems to me that on this occasion he was only trying to have a chat about the results. 

54 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Hi Mr Mikey, I do (very much) like your contributions, but I think that we may perhaps be in danger of looking at everything this bloke says through a doom coloured filter. It seems to me that on this occasion he was only trying to have a chat about the results. 

Possibly, but I saw the results differently whoever had said it. I didn't see last night's results changing our situation so that Pompey becomes a game we must win. Looking at all of the teams around us and all our remaining fixtures, a draw on Saturday would not be disastrous. 

The quote you highlighted was aimed specifically at rigsby based on past posts.

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Possibly, but I saw the results differently whoever had said it. I didn't see last night's results changing our situation so that Pompey becomes a game we must win. Looking at all of the teams around us and all our remaining fixtures, a draw on Saturday would not be disastrous. 

The quote you highlighted was aimed specifically at rigsby based on past posts.

Maybe not, but I'd hope you'd agree we need a win from the next 2 games and with Wigan coming up soon, probably a minimum of 4pts from the next 2 games. Think we'll get sucked back into the mix a bit if we don't.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Maybe not, but I'd hope you'd agree we need a win from the next 2 games and with Wigan coming up soon, probably a minimum of 4pts from the next 2 games. Think we'll get sucked back into the mix a bit if we don't.

Feel free to call me off my rocker but I have a feeling Latics will either draw or win at Wigan. I am not happy at it being on the Friday as I have to work, however, my phone will be warmly glowing my pocket. :D 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Feel free to call me off my rocker but I have a feeling Latics will either draw or win at Wigan. I am not happy at it being on the Friday as I have to work, however, my phone will be warmly glowing my pocket. :D 

I can see where you're coming from. I was saying on Saturday morning in the pub that it was more likely we'd lose against Bury than when we went to Blackburn. The expectation that we'd wipe the floor with Bury was never going to be the case. And rightly or wrongly, players often find it easier to motivate for a Blackburn or a Wigan (top end team than rock bottom cannon fodder.) I would rather the points in the bag though without needing to go to Wigan and get anything. 4pts in our next 2 home games will allow that luxury.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, frizzell54 said:

We need 12 - 14 from the remaining games.  Doesn’t matter how they come.

I'm thinking 10 to 12 will do it. 

I'd be very surprised if it needs 54 to stay up.  Bury are gone.  To get to 54 points, Dale would need 20 points from 12 games,  Mk Dons 16 from 9 and Northampton 15 from 9. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I'm thinking 10 to 12 will do it. 

I'd be very surprised if it needs 54 to stay up.  Bury are gone.  To get to 54 points, Dale would need 20 points from 12 games,  Mk Dons 16 from 9 and Northampton 15 from 9. 

As a guide

Dale last 12 games = 12 pts  3-3-6 all 3 away wins (we got 13 in 12)

MKD last 9 games = 9 pts we got 12, Northampton = 10.  

So our form would see us safe, but all those three would have to significantly improve theirs. Mind you play like we did v Pompey and it would be so rosy, and Dal'es last  4 games have been promotion form and would equal 24 pts from 12 so the more likely of the 3. 

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Fleetwood winning we’re in deep shi#

I don’t think the result here mattered so much. I preferred a draw or Fleetwood win. 

The Northampton one is the biggest. Can’t have them winning. 

Edited by kowenicki