Tonight’s games.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We weren’t going to go the whole remainder of the season without teams around us winning. Dale have taken 2 points from last 3 home games. Doomed. 

And teams taking points off each other - Fleetwood play Northampton on Saturday 

22 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

And teams taking points off each other - Fleetwood play Northampton on Saturday 

That and MK Vs Blackpool are massive games.

Fleetwood and Blackpool wins would do me just fine.  Yes it would mean that Blackpool would be all but out of the fight and Fleetwood would take a big step towards safety, but I'd feel confident having MK and Northampton below us having played 2 and 3 games more than us respectively.  We'd just have to hope that Rochdale don't pick up anything at Scunny and we'd be in a good position to stay up.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Is shez unbeaten ?

Lost his first game vs Portsmouth i think?

Lost his first game at Doncaster and then lost at home to Portsmouth

That was when our game got called off due to the frozen pitch and i watched his son lose at Rammy United too

Edited by cmr

10 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is it only me that doesn’t worry what the other teams do ? If we win enough of ours we stay up ! It’s that simple isn’t it ? 

Agreed. I don’t even know where we are in the league and if it wasn’t for ocassionally popping in here I wouldn’t even know who was down the bottom end.

I’m aware that we keep dipping into the bottom four but I don’t care because it is keeping the season alive.

We won’t go down. If we do I will distribute the £5K that dark clouds owes me amongst almost everybody on here.

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is it only me that doesn’t worry what the other teams do ? If we win enough of ours we stay up ! It’s that simple isn’t it ? 

I take an interest because it directly affects us, I do think some of our fans are taking survival for granted because we have got away with it so many times before, personally think its going to be a lot closer than expected and may even come down to Northampton away, Rochdale are being written off as down despite being only six behind us, a game in hand and a home fixture against us to come similarly MK were supposedly down last week but two wins and a home game against Blackpool can see them overtake us on Saturday, Plymouth were rock bottom a few months ago and are now flying high so things can change, complacency would be the worst thing to set in for me and if the last two games have proved anything its that there is still a lot of work to do.

42 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We can't keep a clean sheet, could prove very costly in the end.

That's true. We're not getting thrashed by conceded 4 or 5 too many times, just conceding 1 or more often 2.

Conceded League record.

Not hard to work out when we need to tighten up.

Edited by singe

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I take an interest because it directly affects us, I do think some of our fans are taking survival for granted because we have got away with it so many times before, personally think its going to be a lot closer than expected and may even come down to Northampton away, Rochdale are being written off as down despite being only six behind us, a game in hand and a home fixture against us to come similarly MK were supposedly down last week but two wins and a home game against Blackpool can see them overtake us on Saturday, Plymouth were rock bottom a few months ago and are now flying high so things can change, complacency would be the worst thing to set in for me and if the last two games have proved anything its that there is still a lot of work to do.

The only thing I am taking for granted is that IF we do win 4 or 5 we will stay up. It’s a waste of time and energy for me to worry about what other teams are getting upto. Who their playing next etc. We just need to do our thing and the rest takes care of itself. I am quietly confident but maybe because like u say we always manage to scrape it. 

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What others do affects how many "enough" is that we have to win. That's why I take an interest.

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

What others do affects how many "enough" is that we have to win. That's why I take an interest.

And also who  the others are that also makes me take an interst.

I'd prefer Bury, (as they are practically gone), MK Dons, Northampton and one of AFC Wimbledon-Fleetwood-Walsall-Oxford. but until we are safe I want Dale to keep getting further behind us.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If the unthinkable did happen and we did go down I'm actually less bothered because I feel we would be more likely to bounce straight back, not sure many others share the view but I feel going down wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Wouldnt bother me either, I first saw the team play in 1959 (i wasn't a regular though), so 60 years on I'd be back to square one in the bottom league.

(BP1960 refers to the year the great Bobby Johnstone signed and got me hooked).

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Shez doing his magic yet again.We will both stay up.Just can't see us not getting enough points for safety.Looks more and more likely that Bury and Rochdale with Dons

and Northampton to go down.

6 points from 18... 

Admittedly he hasnt lost in last 4, but they have only won 1 of 6 under him, drawn 3 and lost 2. Relatively easy run in will see them right though I think. 

Just had a look at the bottom 8 remaining fixtures...it would take a brave man to predict the outcome. I would say Bury are almost certainly down but the rest have a chance. So many teams play each other it’s frightening.

I don’t want us to be needing points when we go to Northampton that’s for sure!